Third time around the block....BUT --- Update...

Options
13»

Comments

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    letumwork said:

Keytruda

Phrannie- I hope you're feeling ok. I went through the exact same treatment as you back in 2013 for NPC so I have followed your story closely over the years. You are an inspiration to many people. OK, enough of the sappy commentary. I want to tell you a little story about my Father, He has beaten Cancer twice. Bladder Cancer 15 years ago and most recently Metastatic Melanoma. Over 2 years ago he was diagnosed with terminal metastatic Melanoma and told  to get his affairs in order as he had very little time left. The cancer came on quickly and had spread throughout his body in a matter of weeks. His PET scan lit up everywhere. Tumors on his liver, his intestines, his Jaw and lymph nodes throughout his body including an Orange size tumor under his arm. He got approval to try Keytruda after a dose of Chemo did nothing. He went on the Keytruda and gets a treatment every 3 weeks. His first PET scan after only 3 treatments showed huge improvements in all areas. His next PET scan he was NED! His body was riddled with Tumors and now Nothing. Every PET scan since then has been NED. He has a few annoying side effects but we all know how that goes. I hope this helps you stay positive and gives you some confidence in Keytruda. It is kicking some major butt for many people. He also stated that he could feel it working when he would feel pain, tingling and burning at the Tumor sites after the first couple of treatments. Stay strong and kick some butt for the third time. Prayers sent!

Thanks for cheering me on, Letumwork....

I hope I'm one of the lucky ones that Keytruda works on....I won't have a scan until next month, I think....I wish I had even a tiny side effect....something from the Keytruda saying "I'm here and I'm working with you"....LOL.  But I have nothing for side effects....zip.

p

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    Team Phrannie

P51,

You still have your humor (and a fan if needed).

Time for a little pocket protection.

Good luck.

Matt

kp

• CajunEagle
    CajunEagle Member Posts: 408
    Options

Thanks for cheering me on, Letumwork....

I hope I'm one of the lucky ones that Keytruda works on....I won't have a scan until next month, I think....I wish I had even a tiny side effect....something from the Keytruda saying "I'm here and I'm working with you"....LOL.  But I have nothing for side effects....zip.

p

Yeah....Thanks !!

I have my 4th infusion of Keytruda tomorrow, and I'm not sure that I'm having any side effects or not.  I know that for two-three days after, I feel tired, but it's no big deal.  After a one hour nap, I'm up and ready to go.  Information sent by Merck says to take it easy while on treatment, but instead I find my self working out longer at the fitness center and not feeling sore anytime afterward.  I do feel a burning sensation around the back of my jaw where the tumor is located.  I may have this feeling about 5 times a day, and may last for mayby 5 seconds.  I just go "Ouch".....and it's gone.  A PET scan will be set up for me a few days after this 4th Keytruda infusion to see if it's working or not.  This is amazing stuff.........if it's working.  Good luck tomorrow, Phrannie.

Larry Luster

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

• Sandraw
    Sandraw Member Posts: 40
    Options
    So sorry

Phrannie.  I come and go on this site and a Facebook site as well. You've been a HUGE inspiration to me since my Diagnosis and treatment for stage 3 NPC, late 2015 early 2016. I will be sending you positive thoughts and prayer. Keep on keeping on.  

• Sprint Car Dude
    Sprint Car Dude Member Posts: 181
    edited August 2017 #46
    Options
    Team Phrannie

Good Luck Phrannie. I also have gained a weath of knowledge and support from you and your comments. We all have your back here at the H&N forum.

I am glad hear there are no ill side effects. You must be a tough old soul. Fight the Fight.

• Chris50
    Chris50 Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration

Just wanted to share how important I have found your participation since I joined about a year ago.  I hear so much wisdom, humor, faith, and fight in your words and I am sending good thoughts and prayers your way!

• GavinP
    GavinP Member Posts: 118
    Options
    Sorry to hear this

Hey Phrannie,

Really sorry to hear that the "C" has come back a third time! I know tour going to smash this bout with the C like you did the previous two times.

Good luck with the new treatment regimen... Will be keeping check on your progress.