Options
2»

Comments

• HapB
    HapB Member Posts: 527
    edited June 2017 #22
    Options
    Nspried

thanks. My anxiety is through the roof right now. I don't know why. Did you have to keep the port covered or could you shower the next day? 

• nspired36
    nspired36 Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2017 #23
    Options
    Trust me,  my anxiety was so

Trust me,  my anxiety was so high that I wasn't going to get it done.  Then my dad sat me down and prayed with me.  God calmed me,  I was still nervous, but ready to get it done.  They will have a liquid bandage under another bandage. They told me not b to shower for 24 hours and after that don't let the shower directly hit the area for several days.  I'll be praying for you.  I'm the biggest baby ever when it comes to stuff like this.  You'll do great!!

• nspired36
    nspired36 Member Posts: 80
    Options
    I forgot.  You can take the

I forgot.  You can take the top bandage off after 24 hours but the liquid bandage has to fall off on his own and I had mine done a week ago and it's still covering the area where I got the port in

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    edited June 2017 #25
    Options
    glad you got through the port procedure

Yah, you made it!  God is so good.

Hugs,

Annie

• HapB
    Options
    Thanks Annie

This danged port is my biggest discomfort today. It sits right on my collar bone and the car seat belt cuts right across it. My chest is very badly bruised today and a colorful mess. I need a turtleneck or something. Lol.

what a pain in the neck, literally! 

Thanks for the hugs, I really aprreciate it!!!!! Sending you a hug too! Did you ever get to the bottom of the rash you had? 

• Apaugh
    Options
    Hap

a seatbelt still bothers me.  I put a little pillow there and it helps.   nope, no call yet.  I really really dislike doctors.  LOL

thanks for asking.

• HapB
    Options
    Apaugh said:

Hap

a seatbelt still bothers me.  I put a little pillow there and it helps.   nope, no call yet.  I really really dislike doctors.  LOL

thanks for asking.

No call yet???

What??  That is outrageous. Let me tell you that would NEVER, EVER happen at MGH! Never!  Did the rash go away?? Oh, that makes me mad that they didn't call you! (Lol. Roid rage). A rash with chemo is a symptom of a possible allergy. They are negligent not calling you back if anything were to happen to you. 

• Apaugh
    Options
    I know...

I will call on Monday and give them them a what's up!  Meanwhile, I am trying to stay cool and popping some benadryl as little as possible as it causes my legs to cramp.