Hondo

Options

Comments

• Laralyn
    Laralyn Member Posts: 532
    edited April 2017 #22
    Options
    I'm so sorry to read this-

I'm so sorry to read this--thank you for telling us. Hondo was a huge help and such a part of the many ways the CSN family has helped people through difficult times. He'll be missed.

• Tim6003
    Tim6003 Member Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options

You will be missed, your faith was contagious, thank you for that faith and your kindeness to all of us who looked to you often for feedback and advice.

Prayers for you as well, Honod's family.

Tim6003

• rsp
    rsp Member Posts: 103 Member
    Options

I have only been on the cancer website for a month or so, but Hondo's comments were some of the very first ones I read.  Although I didn't know him, when I read about his passing, I sat here and cried.  I "felt" like I knew him from his many words of advice and encouragement.  He gave me hope for my husband, and when I read his story, I thought, "If HONDO could get through everything he was faced with, I know my husband will be able to pull through."

My he spend his days preaching with the angels.  Heaven gained a special one!

• fishmanpa
    fishmanpa Member Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Peace and Positive Thoughts

I don't come on the boards much any more and I'm so saddened to hear of Hondo's passing. He was such a great support to me during my battle. A true warrior in every sense of the word. He will be truly missed. My thoughts and prayers for peace for you and your family.

Positive thoughts

"T"

• osmotar
    osmotar Member Posts: 1,006
    edited April 2017 #26
    Options
    Dang

I don't come to the group much any more , so very sorry to read your post about your dad , he was definitely a man of faith & wisdom, he was always so welcoming and a inspiration to me when I started my journey in 2011. 

RIP Hondo 

Linda 

• ratface
    ratface Member Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I'll miss him

Perhaps the most welcoming person with endless kindness to offer, we had become friends on the boards thru the years, so sorry  for your loss.

• Fritz
    Fritz Member Posts: 106
    Options
    So Sorry.

I am so sorry to hear this.  He was very helpful to me during my treatments last summer.  He will be missed on this site.

Freddie

• joannaw81
    joannaw81 Member Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    So terribly sorry

I can't express how very sorry I am. When he wasnt posting for while I would wonder what is going on. He has inspired so many people here and he was such a fighter. He was always so positive and gave me so many advises. We will all miss him very much. May he rest in piece.

• rcaulder
    rcaulder Member Posts: 70
    Options
    Very Kind Man

He helped me through the struggle of treatment.

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    edited April 2017 #31
    Options
    Hondo was and is always special.

Very sad to read this. Hondo was always there for all of us and had gone through hell and back several times. He is now at peace and no more pain. We will see you again Hondo. R.I.P.

Bill

• Sandraw
    Sandraw Member Posts: 40
    edited April 2017 #32
    Options
    Hondo

My sincerest condolences to you and your family. I pray Hondo is at peace. 

• tommyodavey
    tommyodavey Member Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    CivilMatt said:

Hondo

Thank you very much.  I knew his being absent was going to be sad.

Hondo was one of the first members I connected with and we shared many threads together.

You were very lucky to have him in your life.

My deepest condolences.

Matt

Shocked

Like most everyone here, Hondo helped me through my treatment and offered support.  He was a pillar of strength here on the forum and will be sorely missed.

This one hit me hard.  We all knew deep down how sick he was but he always came back and did his best to help others.  My sincere condolances for your loss.

Tommy

• arndog64
    arndog64 Member Posts: 537
    edited April 2017 #34
    Options
    Prayers to you and your

Prayers to you and your family.

• Josephwc
    Josephwc Member Posts: 69
    edited April 2017 #35
    Options
    Thank you and Hondo

As many others have said Hondo was wonderful to have here with us. You must be proud. Hang in there.

• Mikemetz
    Mikemetz Member Posts: 465 Member
    edited April 2017 #36
    Options
    Sad return to CSN

I have not been on CSN for many months, and my first visit back came with this sad news.  Like so many others, Hondo was there for me during many of my worst times dealing with side effects from chemo and rads.  Like him, I had many complications from rads, with several surguries--so he knew what I was going through.  Sorry that he's no longer with us.

Mike

• Drivingdaisy
    Drivingdaisy Member Posts: 263
    Options
    Loved By All

I also so very, very sad.  A wonderful supportive man.  Will be so missed.  A true Inspiration. Big hugs too you.

• Dtanman
    Dtanman Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2017 #38
    Options
    Hondo

Thank you Hondo now RIP you will be missed

• tomb247
    tomb247 Member Posts: 54
    Options
    Hondo

Your dad was a fighter and a very inspirational person. His posts always helped me through some tough parts of my journey. Prayers to you and yours. Peace

• Chris50
    Chris50 Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your and our loss

Thank you for letting us know about your father's passing.  He was such an inspirational and courageous presence on this discussion board while I went through my treatment which ended in October.

• KareGiver
    KareGiver Member Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Yes, thanks Hondo

Your father was an inspiration to so many on this board.  Although my husband lost his battle in January 2013, I do check back occasionally and reading this news made me especially sad.  Sending peace to your family - as I know your father is at peace.  Take care.