Change in Eyesight

Options
2»

Comments

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    Options

I have been struggling

Like Becca, I'm about to begin the last of my first line therapy with 3 internal treatments.  I had to delay the  beginning because I had a horrendous UTI.  I ignored it an attributed it to the external radiation and it was indeed an infection.  I suffered for 3 weeks.  So that took a lot out of me.  It's still not resolved.  I'm scheduled for my first internal on Tuesday.  But these eyes are really bothering me.

I've decided to get some counseling because I'm having trouble keeping my head in the right place.  I hope it will help.  My son won a an Alaskan cruise for June and he is gifting it to us.  I really want to be in shape to take advantage of this gift, even though a 10 day Alaskan cruise sounds kinda like a nightmare to me right now. 

Trying to keep my head above water.  Some days I'm sinking but I havent' gone down  yet.  Thanks for all your concern, love, and support.  And even if I"m not on here a lot, I'm thinking of each and every one of you and your journey and keeping you in my prayers, sisters!

Hopes and Prayers that you heal quickly and get STRONG

I'm so sorry about that UTI- it is very important that those things get resolved quickly as they can cause kidney infections that back up into the whole system and cause sepsis.  SO GLAD you caught it!!! 

I have been seeing a counselor and I have found great comfort in just being able to let it all out and get good feedback- I am so happy that you are going to do that.

Print out a picture of that ship and Alaska and put it up somewhere you can see it every day- visualize yourself on that ship having fun and relaxing and feeling really good.  I know it sounds like a nightmare now but by then you are going to be feeling so great and it will give you something to shoot for which is really important.  Even if you don't feel great- I tell my hubby I want to go do this or that cuz I can feel cruddy anywhere might as well be somewhere I enjoy ;)

Keep coming back here- you are not alone- we all struggle and what's that old saying, "Friendship doubles our joy and divides our grief" it is my absolute honor to come here and share this journey with you ladies!  Big Big Loves and (((HUGS))) for you and anyone needing it today :D