Pneumonia up-date 10-26-16

Options

Comments

• SylMarie
    SylMarie Member Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Prayers coming your way

Here's hoping that tonight is easier on you. I hope all that mucous comes out soon. Prayers and good thoughts coming your way.

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Hope you get well soon

Hey Tim,

Glad to hear you are back in the States as I'd guess the care here is better to get you well faster. Don

• Gypsy28
    Gypsy28 Member Posts: 69
    edited August 2016 #24
    Options
    Prayers

I hope that today you will be feeling better and pray for your complete recovery.

• Sandraw
    Sandraw Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2016 #25
    Options
    Prayers

Hi!  Praying that today brings you renewed strength and that you are feeling much better, in Jesus name. Smile

• robswife87
    robswife87 Member Posts: 209
    Options
    Oh no you don't sir

Tim, 

You have beat the hell out of cancer to many times. This stinking Pneumonia is not going to take you out. I know you have been around the block alot with all of this, but do you use L-Glutamine in water? Rob was a huge skeptic about it but I made him try it and it thin the crap out and made it easier to get up or swallow. I keep it around now for when he has his sinus problems,m colds, etc. 

It is true that if you get pneumonia once, it makes it easier to get again and again. I had it real bad when I was 6 and it scarred my lungs and I instantly had asthma and allergies to animals. I think the worse case of pneumonia was when I was pregnant (first trimester) with my daughter. They could not put me on strong enough antibiotics to get rid of it. I lost 15 pounds and not from morning sickness. I was at the doctors office evryday for breqathing treatments because I could not have any prednisone. Had it for 6 weeks and then hit the 2nd trimester and they could then give me strong anitbiotics. I got rid of the pneumonia and ended up with pleuresy. That was so painful. All told I was very sick and mostly bed ridden for 3 months. More lung scarring but I am here to talk about it and my 25 year old daughter got married 2 months ago, so all is well

Sandy

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    tomorrow morning

Man this has been a hard one to beat but I think it is finally starting to get a little better, I will know more tomorrow when I go back to see the doctor and take more X-rays. Thank you all for your prayers and support.

Tim

• Drivingdaisy
    Drivingdaisy Member Posts: 263
    edited August 2016 #28
    Options
    Prayers

Tim, so very, very sorry for all you are going through.  Prayers for you now and always.  God bless, huge hugs, Lisa

• RottiesMom
    RottiesMom Member Posts: 167
    Options
    Prayers

I hope you got good results today....prayers!

Joanne

• Kari2007
    Kari2007 Member Posts: 108
    Options
    Thinking of you

Im praying for good news from the docs today, Hondo.

Kari

• Hondo
    Options
    Still their

Well seen the Doctor today and he said another week of treatment, the pneumonia is getting better but the lower lobe on the right lung is still showing congestion. Aldo I am not sure what has me feeling so weak and tired, the shots or the pneumonia but all I want to do is sleep sleep and sleep some more. When I do get up I feel so weak I want to lay back down. This is not me, I am a go getter who never stops, well this sure put the brakes on me for the last month.

Does anyone know if the weakness is from the medication or from the pneumonia? the antibiotic he is giving me once a day is called Rocephin, has anyone taking this before, I hope I don’t stay this way.

Thank you all for your continuing to pray for me.

Tim

• Noellesmom
    Noellesmom Member Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited August 2016 #32
    Options
    Rocephin

Is the biggest and the baddest and is reserved for serious pneumonia, Tim. Used to only come as a shot. It will make you wish they put you in the hospital.

You are in Louisiana, correct? Can't be helping right now.

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Hondo said:

rough last night

I had a lot of mucus and flem last night and seems like I was up every hour coughing it up, or trying to cough it up and out of my damaged mouth. I heard someone saying every time you get Pneumonia it makes you weaker and easier to get it again. I have stopped eating and drinking anything that would make my body produce more mucus, right now just keep me in your prayers please. I hope and pray that tonight will be a lot better.

God Bless

Tim  

Oh Tim

So sorry to hear all you are going through. The coughing can hurt, but You might want to get an expectorant to help cough it up. Mucinex helps thin it but you need to get it out. Sounds like your epiglottis is not working that good. Mine didn't and I had silent aspiration. Now with all the flooding you have to watch for mold. Stock up on hand sanitizers. My thoughts and prayers my friend.

Bill

• Hondo
    edited September 2016 #34
    Options

Still hurting from pneumonia, it’s been over 4 ½ months now and I am still dealing with pneumonia and pain. The Doctor did have me on Rocephin for two weeks, I sometime wonder if the nurse enjoys getting a look at an old dryed-up and winkle butt. Anyway Doctor put me on some other antibiotic saying he hopes this one works, me too.

Thanks you all for your prayers, and please keep them coming

Tim   

• joannaw81
    joannaw81 Member Posts: 185 Member
    edited September 2016 #35
    Options
    Prayers coming

U got it Hondo! Prayers r coming ur way. U will be alright. God is on ur side, it has been through all those years. Keep us posted. 

• MrsBD
    MrsBD Member Posts: 617 Member
    edited September 2016 #36
    Options
    Prayers

You are being lifted up in prayer! 

• RottiesMom
    RottiesMom Member Posts: 167
    edited September 2016 #37
    Options
    Prayers

Continued prayers!

• Sandraw
    Sandraw Member Posts: 40
    edited September 2016 #38
    Options
    Will be praying for you.  

Will be praying for you.  

• tommyodavey
    tommyodavey Member Posts: 727 Member
    edited October 2016 #39
    Options
    Prayers of Course

Tim, prayers are on their way as we speak.  You've been an anchor here at CSN for so many years it seems like your the godfather now.  Please try to get some rest and let us all continue to pray for you.

Get well soon,

Tom

• Hondo
    edited October 2016 #40
    Options
    Still there

I went to see my Lung doctor Friday, he looked at the x-ray and said it is getting better but it is sure taking a very long time getting there. He is still wanting to do a CT but like I told him that will be in February next year when I have a little insurance coverage. Anyway I am feeling a lot better and that is a good sign to me.

God Bless

Tim

• Kenny-
    Kenny- Member Posts: 99 Member
    edited October 2016 #41
    Options
    Get Better

Hope you get better Tim! I'm not sure if I've ever had pneumonia, but always had a chronic cough that lasted for months. It could be pneumonia but I never got it checked out. I haven't got it for 1 years+ (knock on wood), but the feeling is terrible. 

hope you get well....