Options
2»

Comments

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    mrou50 said:

Doctor

I am seeing the Pulmonary doctor on Thursday of next week to set up another bronchoscopy and then chemo the next day. My school administrators have asked me not to come back until I have this under control, they were very nice about it but they were concerned (as was I) about the trauma this disease put my students through, and some of the staff apparently were traumatized as well.  What was cool is the administration said not to worry about sick leave they will make sure I get paid in full even if I can't come back for the remainder of they year.  I hope it does not come to that for I miss my students dearly and this is my last year of teaching.  I did find out as well that my long term disability should take care of whatever social security disability does not take care of, and that my LIfe Insurance will continue with my wife and I with no premiums (at least probably the insurance company said) and they will pay out the insurance to my wife when I pass.  

Sick Pay

I used all mine getting over surgery and the effects of complications with IL2. And then the Union (or teachers assiciation) stepped in and put me on the sick bank, and provided me with legal and personal advice. They were fantastic, and I recommend you get in touch with them. They also sorted out my pension for me.