I am 5 years Cancer Free! What a Tremendous and Wonderful Feat from UPSC - Stage 1!

13»

Comments

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    cheerful said:

Hi!

I want to thank you for responding and your wishes on my reaching my 5 year mark. I really do appreciate it.

I do plan on checking the Board frequently and will be checking posts as well.

I wish you well with your cancer journey. What stage of cancer do you have?

Cheerful

a/k/a Jane

I am endometrial clear cell

I am endometrial clear cell IIIC, so it's not the best diagnosis, but I am remaining positive. I have had surgery, 5 weeks of external radiation, 3 brachy, and will have my 5th out of 6 chemos. I have been functunating pretty well so far, but I'm anxious for chemo to end. Once again I'm so happy for you!

• cheerful
    cheerful Member Posts: 261 Member
    edited May 2016 #43
    Soup52 said:

I am endometrial clear cell

I am endometrial clear cell IIIC, so it's not the best diagnosis, but I am remaining positive. I have had surgery, 5 weeks of external radiation, 3 brachy, and will have my 5th out of 6 chemos. I have been functunating pretty well so far, but I'm anxious for chemo to end. Once again I'm so happy for you!

Hi Soup 52:

Thanks for getting back to me regarding your diagnosis. Yes, do continue to remain positive and have good thoughts.  I know chemo is hard to get through, I did well through it although I lost my appetite a little as I had 2 meals a day going through chemo 5 years ago from day 2 through day 6 after chemo and then I was able to have 3 meals a day afterward. I had 6 chemo treatments.  That's good though you are doing well going through chemo.  I wish you all the best.  

Also, thanks for your wishes.  Just listen to what your oncologist says and follow his guidelines.  I will say some prayes for you and do keep in touch with me on the board as I look on the board frequently.

Cheerful

a/k/a Jane

• 2changes
    2changes Member Posts: 24
    edited June 2016 #44
    Hooray

That is great 

• cheerful
    cheerful Member Posts: 261 Member

Thanks for your wishes and I really appreciate it. I wish you all the best wtih your cancer journey.

Cheerful

a/k/a Jane

• Charissa
    Charissa Member Posts: 129 Member
    Thank you, For Your Encouragement & Inspiration

I've just boarded this journey three weeks ago. I know I have a long road ahead of me, but am remaining very optimistic. I'm still awaiting my pathology report. I wouldn't be doing as well, if I didn't have this wonderful group of committed ladies and some husbands, seeing us newbies through. So much to process and understand, in so little time (from diagnosis, surgery, to treatment (chemo/radiation).

I am sincerely overjoyed for your milestone. Please, keep in touch with us.  Also, can you private e-mail me your diet changes and anything further you feel contributed to you beating this. Again, I'm at the beginning of my journey and am trying to compile as much information as possible, to assist me in remaining here a little bit longer to raise my precious daughters.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Much joy, love, and peace to you as you venture into this new chapter in your life.