Hair has started to grow back!

Options
2»

Comments

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options

Florida and Hair

My hair came back with a lot of gray, then the dark brown took over.  So wait for a bit more to see the real color.  Mine is now curly and stands straight up. (which actually looks good, gives me some height). 

Florida is glorious right now.  Cold in the morning (56degrees this a.m.) and bright and glorious at noon (70 degrees). 

I'm dealing with wound care now also.. a non-healing surgical wound... so you know I was cheering that yours is officially complete.  It seems to take forever doesn't it?  My surgery was in mid November, and three months later, it is still open. (although it is ---slowly---- healing).  Ugly scar.  I'm hoping I get used to this one eventually.

Julie

http://mylmsadventure.blogspot.com/

Nice to meet you, Julie!

Nice to meet you, Julie!  Crappy conditions to make new friends, but doesn't it seem like the nicest people get some kind of uterine cancer?  

I hope that wound heals - mine "leaked" for months.  Last night was the first time in ages that I could just take a shower and not have to use "press and seal" plastic wrap to cover it.  Oh the little joys of life, huh?

It's supposed to get into the 20s today with 40s on the weekend.  Not quite Florida weather but for us, it's a heat wave.  Hopefully, everything will be copacetic next week when I see my GP and we can make some plans to visit the Sunshine State!

Love,

Eldri

• Sandy3185
    Sandy3185 Member Posts: 229 Member
    Options

Florida and Hair

My hair came back with a lot of gray, then the dark brown took over.  So wait for a bit more to see the real color.  Mine is now curly and stands straight up. (which actually looks good, gives me some height). 

Florida is glorious right now.  Cold in the morning (56degrees this a.m.) and bright and glorious at noon (70 degrees). 

I'm dealing with wound care now also.. a non-healing surgical wound... so you know I was cheering that yours is officially complete.  It seems to take forever doesn't it?  My surgery was in mid November, and three months later, it is still open. (although it is ---slowly---- healing).  Ugly scar.  I'm hoping I get used to this one eventually.

Julie

http://mylmsadventure.blogspot.com/

Welcome Julie

This is the club nobody wants to join but actually has the greatest people you will meet! Several of us also live in Florida and are enjoying our wonderful ( but too short!) winter weather.

Did you have chemo before your surgery? Maybe that is having an effect on the healing process. It's been a little over 2 years since my surgery and my scar has healed very well, really only noticable at the very top and bottom. But, my husband had gall bladder surgery some years back and had an infection. Four or five days after surgery, they had to cut open the just healing wound to drain the infection. They could not sew it up again and had to let it heal from the inside out which took several months. He had a really ugly scar there for quite a while but it eventually faded and although not beautiful it is flat and flesh colored and really not bad looking. Hopefully yours will also diminish and fade with time!  In love and hope, Sandy