Options
124»

Comments

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options

Your wonderful experience

Hi Marie

Iam thrilled to read your post. I too have UPSC, stage IVB. Radical surgery 8/4/2015. Of 52 lymph nodes resected one pelvic node had patchy isolate cancer cells. The tumor had a "pushing border" and they could not say for sure that the tumor infiltrated the myometrium. I think those factors are both in my favor. Not in my favor was metastasis to the colon, bladder, peritoneum, implants on both diaphragms. All visible cancer was resected (including bowel and bladder resection). 

Anyway, it's really scary to read about recurrenct risk (50-80%) for USPC in the medical literature. I am planning to meet with Dr Alessandro Santin at Yale in 2 weeks. He has been developing a monoclonal antibody (MAB) called Solitomab for USPC. I'm hoping to survive long enough to be a candidate for Solitomab IF the cancer recurs.

Are you comfortable sharing the details of your journey? I'm sorry if you've previously posted those. Just anxious to hear about your experience since you're surviving beyond 5 years. 

Many thanks

Libby Sparks

Libby,

click on Marie's user name and it will bring you to her "about me" page.  She has more details there.

I hope your appointment at Yale goes well.  Let us know.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

checking in

HI 

Just checking in with someone out there. Libby Sparks, Serous Papillary Endometrial Cancer IVB. 6th chemo cycle Carbo/Taxol scheduled tomorrow. 

Libby, I am sorry we are

Libby, I am sorry we are meeting under these circumstances, but we welcome you with open arms.

Good luck tomorrow and, if it is your last, ring the bell!

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options

checking in

HI 

Just checking in with someone out there. Libby Sparks, Serous Papillary Endometrial Cancer IVB. 6th chemo cycle Carbo/Taxol scheduled tomorrow. 

Good luck, Libby!

Good luck, Libby!  

Love,

Eldri