Endometrial metastic to both lungs

Options
2»

Comments

• labilodeau4_
    labilodeau4_ Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Hello Joyce, I am sorry for everything your going through. Thank you for sharing it gives us hope.

Lynn

• Echogurl
    Echogurl Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Yes. I had a recurrence in my pelvis almost two years after my radical hysterectomy and brachytherapy. They then did a CT pelvis, abdomen, chest where innumerable lesions in my lungs were noted and a lesion in my pelvis. I had biopsies of both. Both endometrial cancer. I was put on a hormone treatment for lungs and radiation for pelvis. The pelvis was clear, lungs doubled. I’m now round 9 chemo with good results. Another CT is scheduled in a week. Signatera lab test was negative.

• Prayer2023
    Prayer2023 Member Posts: 33 Member
    Options

I’m glad you are having good results with your chemo. Saying prayers for strength during your journey! My oncologist told me she would not be doing follow-up CT’s on me. I don’t understand that, but I will push for answers on my next visit. She told me it would be based on symptoms, but after my total hysterectomy there won’t be spotting and sometimes when cancer is present you don’t have symptoms.

• Echogurl
    Options

I’m in this boat because a doctor blew off my reported symptoms. I’d want closer follow up for sure.

• labilodeau4_
    Options

i am glad it’s working for you. I am wishing for you good results.

• labilodeau4_
    Options

I have metastatic endometrial cancer that has spread to both lungs also. I’m having immunotherapy and taking a chemo pill each day . I know trying to keep positive is so hard.

• joyce6611
    joyce6611 Member Posts: 51 Member
    Options

I had no symptoms anf my cancer had spread to both lungs.

• Fridays Child
    Fridays Child Member Posts: 277 Member
    Options

You're a little longer survivor than I am. My original diagnosis was in 2012. After five years I was discharged back to my regular gyn. I went to ortho with hip pain 6 years after the original diagnosis and an MRI found the recurrence as a pelvic mass with hip damage. A PET scan showed metastasis to both lungs. Following chemo and radiation the pelvic mass is stable, and possibly only scar tissue. Lungs are okay. At no time did I have shortness of breath or other lung symptoms.

• ShelaghE
    ShelaghE Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

a pre-op x-ray prior to scheduled sinus surgery found a lung nodule, 23 years after my original hysterectomy following a diagnosis of endometrial cancer. I have always wondered if the long latency between the primary and recurrent cancer altered the staging. Stage 4? Stage 3? And if this means that the met is slow-growing. And if my prognosis is the same as Stage 4.

The above responses make me suspect that long periods between recurrences may have a good effect on prognosis. Comments?

• Echogurl
    Options

Did you have a biopsy? Is it the same or a different cancer?

I hope you have the best outcome!🩷

• ShelaghE
    Options

It is the same cancer as the endometrial. I had a biopsy.

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 969 Member
    Options

So sorry to read about your recurrence. From what I have read, the long latency period does indicated a slow growing type of cell. If you have the same mutations in the recurrence. And also from what I have read it does not change your stage. You remain the same stage, but with recurrence. I did read a study that presented a case of late recurrence, but they decided it was a new cancer based on mutations in the new endometrial cancer. Sometimes we have endometriosis, and that leaves endometrial tissue in the abdomen. It is rare.

• ShelaghE
    Options

Thanks for your comment. Possible good news for me.

• Mercorby
    Mercorby Member Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Guess I'm in the same boat. ER+ endometrial adenocarcinoma in one lung nodule that was being watched because it had been doubling in size since 2019 - waiting for the ngs results. Will either have cryoablation or radiation.

However, I am on a breast cancer hormonal regimen and have been for 6 years. Not many people with endometrial cancer are in my shoes.

After 5 ½ on Ibrance and an aromatase inhibitor, the Ibrance made my blood counts go really haywire and I probably spent more time on Ibrance than on. I kept asking for a reduced dose, but my doctor was not convinced that was necessary. (Took aromatase inhibitor the whole time.) This past Sept (2023), the CT/PET scan showed recurrence in the vaginal cuff and something in the lung nodule. Intersystal brachytherapy took care of the vaginal cuff. The outcome was very early not solid ER+ cancer. They couldn't even get the genomics. The lung biopsy was not solid, but not cancer.

So, I remained on Ibrance & the ai, but ended up taking too much time off the Ibrance again. The doctor finally reduced the Ibrance dose. On the Dec. scan, the cancer in the vaginal cuff was nonexistent, but the lung nodule lit up. The lung biopsy last week (Jan. 2024) showed the latest recurrent cancer. For now, I am on the lower dose of Ibrance and the ai.

I think the Ibrance did work, but the ai by itself does not. It didn't work by itself 6 ½ years ago when I got off chemo and had a recurrence while on it alone. Depending on whether or not the genomics has changed, we will probably stay with the Ibrance but change the ai to fulvestrant (painful shot) or imlumestrant (pill). I will probably continue on the hormonal treatment path as they do in breast cancer.

I sincerely wish that some ladies were being treated on this path like me. I really hate having to hang out with the metastatic breast cancer ladies. Sort of lonely....

• oldbeauty
    oldbeauty Member Posts: 366 Member
    Options

Mercoby, I am sorry to read about your latest imaging results. I hope the treatment planned knocks it right out. I had a wedge resection on one side and SBRT to a nodule on the other side, and I remain in remission with UC 3 years later. Like you, I waited years for these nodules to grow big enough to find. Best wishes, Oldbeauty