ROLL CALL 2015 (ENROLLMENT, CHECKING-IN, STATUS UPDATE) CLOSED 8-15-15

1235»

Comments

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,724 Member
    ROLLCALL 2015 better late than never

H&N Forum,

Just a few days left to join the 2015 Roll Call train.  It is voluntary and all for fun and informational too.

Don't forget your location.

Matt

• PapaPaul
    PapaPaul Member Posts: 33
    Roll Call

Hi All! Papapaul AKA Paul from Ft Worth Texas....Approaching 3 years since diagnosis of stage IVa SCC HPV+ unknown primary November 1, 2012. PET located second tumor in left tonsil. Tonsillectomy on Dec 20, 2012. Six weeks of daily radiation and Paclitaxel chemo once weekly for 6 weeks started in February and was completed March 18, 2013 . Due to hyper- sensitivity to chemo drugs only finished 2 rounds of chemo treatments. All scans have been NED next scan Aug 31, 2015. Most taste has returned although some things have changed and taste buds seem to "wear out" about every 2 - 3 weeks but they do return within days. Back to work full time for last 18 months which requires me to travel extensively. Life is good! 

• Still alive

Still alive

• MrsBD
    MrsBD Member Posts: 617 Member
    MrsBD

SCC, Base of tongue and mets to a lymph node on each side, non-smoker, HPV negative

D-Day July 23, 2014

West Allis, Wisconsin

I had 33 sessions of IMRT and 8 infusions of Erbitux.

It is almost one year since Diagnosis Day and I feel very blessed to have just mild lingering effects from treatment.

Thank you to all of you on this site for the support!

Checking in on 2/5/2018- It's more than three years since I finished treatment and among other volunteer activities, I'm back to teaching part time. Radiation caused late side effects like neck cramps and hypothyroidism, but it is a great blessing to be alive.