Sad News- Loss of a Valued Member

Greg53
Greg53 Member Posts: 849
edited February 2015 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

 

Good Morning All

 

As an infrequent poster anymore, I hate to be the bearer of sad news.  However, I learned from his wife that Longterm Survivor - Pat, passed away this morning. There have been many, many posters on this board that have provided humor, hope, inspiration and helpful information.  I don't think anyone could top Pat in delivering these things that make this such a great site. 

 

I was lucky enough to have Pat and his wife as frequent guests at our house when he came into St. Louis for treatment.  I would like to think that he considered me a friend, but I know I valued his companionship and his friendship greatly.  As most of you know from his posts he was a highly intelligent individual but most importantly he was a gentleman with a great sense of humor and even more important -  a genuinely nice guy.  I know he greatly admired many on this board, as well as considering many of you here, his close friends.

 

I will miss Pat greatly.

 

Pat, my friend Rest In Peace!  I hope you are in that ultimate happy hunting ground wherever you are, just as you enjoyed it so much here.

 

My best to everyone

 

Greg

 

«13

Comments

  • wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Thank you Greg for letting us Know, He will be Missed!

    Greg thank you for letting us know of Pat passing. He was so supportive to me and everyone he could. He helpped through the bad times and helpped celebrate the good ones, with his vast knowledge. My condolences to his family and friends.

    Bill

  • CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    R.I.P.

    Greg,

    Thank you for the news.

    My most heartfelt condolences go out to Pat’s family and friends.

    In addition to being such a treasure to the H&N forum he shared details with me of his many hikes.  He will be greatly missed.

    Matt

  • Ladylacy
    Ladylacy Member Posts: 773 Member
    Sorry

    So sorry to hear the news.  He offered great advice to all.  I did know he was terminal but didn't expect to hear it so soon.

    Sharon

  • cureitall66
    cureitall66 Member Posts: 913
    Miss him already....

    Wow, we were just messaging each other a few weeks ago, I can't believe this! He was such a strong and intelligent individual. Will miss him! So sad.

    RIP Pat.

    ~C

  • D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    Greg - thank you for sharing the news.

    Pat was my go-to guy for inspiration as well as useful information.  He was a great source of support when I was going through treatment. I will miss his kindness and spot-on humor. My deepest condolences to his family and dear friends.

    Deb

  • Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    D Lewis said:

    Greg - thank you for sharing the news.

    Pat was my go-to guy for inspiration as well as useful information.  He was a great source of support when I was going through treatment. I will miss his kindness and spot-on humor. My deepest condolences to his family and dear friends.

    Deb

    YNWA

    You'll Never Walk Alone. A sad loss of a very giving and genuine man. You will be missed Pat mate.

  • joannaw81
    joannaw81 Member Posts: 185 Member
    cannot believe that he is gone

    Pat just posted not long ago. He was such an inspiration. Although this new breaks my heart I am sure he is in a better place right now.  Rest in Piece, I will have you in my Prayers!

  • MarineE5
    MarineE5 Member Posts: 1,029 Member

    Greg,

    Thank you for letting us all know about Pat. As many have already stated, his vast knowledge was so helpful to so many here. I for one would re-read his posts so that his information would sink in. He will be greatly missed.

    My Condolences to his family and friends. 

    Rest In Peace Pat

  • ditto1
    ditto1 Member Posts: 660
    MarineE5 said:

    Greg,

    Thank you for letting us all know about Pat. As many have already stated, his vast knowledge was so helpful to so many here. I for one would re-read his posts so that his information would sink in. He will be greatly missed.

    My Condolences to his family and friends. 

    Rest In Peace Pat

    THANK YOU PAT

     The people he helped on this website is unmeasuarble, and although Diane and I did not know him personally, the one's that did were truly blessed and to his CSN family he truly blessed all of us.  To his family our prayers go out to you.  Rest in Peace Longterm Survivor and thanks from all your CSN family for being there for us.  

  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Another Piece of my Heart...

    I liked Pat also...

    My wife and I also met he and his wife on one of their trips to Orlando... Had lunch and talked of good times...

    He will be missed...

    Another piece of my heart goes with him and all of our warriors...

    John

  • hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    ditto1 said:

    THANK YOU PAT

     The people he helped on this website is unmeasuarble, and although Diane and I did not know him personally, the one's that did were truly blessed and to his CSN family he truly blessed all of us.  To his family our prayers go out to you.  Rest in Peace Longterm Survivor and thanks from all your CSN family for being there for us.  

    May Pat Rest In Peace

    I will remember Pat's compassion, honesty and willingness to help anyone he could by sharing his wealth of knowledge. I looked forward to Pat's posts and respected his opinion more than anyone. Pat provided comfort to so many that never had the pleasure of meeting him personally, that took a very special person. Heartfelt sympathy to Pat's loved ones.  He will be missed by many.

    Candi

  • denistd
    denistd Member Posts: 597
    Skiffin16 said:

    Another Piece of my Heart...

    I liked Pat also...

    My wife and I also met he and his wife on one of their trips to Orlando... Had lunch and talked of good times...

    He will be missed...

    Another piece of my heart goes with him and all of our warriors...

    John

    Pat

    Damn stupid cancer, they do not come any more giving and kind than Pat.

  • katenorwood
    katenorwood Member Posts: 1,912
    Thank you Greg

    A great loss for our community.  RIP dear Pat, may his family receive the peace of heart he was so appreciated and loved on site here.  Katie

  • KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103
    So sorry

    So sorry to hear this news.  Thank you for letting us know.  He was so helpful, supportive, informed.  He just posted some information and encouragement to me last week.  Prayers for his family.  RIP Pat.

  • Bunnymom
    Bunnymom Member Posts: 212 Member
    It breaks my heart...

     to read this.....

    God bless Pat and my sincere sympathies for his family and friends. RIP.

  • josh r.
    josh r. Member Posts: 264 Member
    Thanks Pat

    Pat,

    Thanks for your compassion, insight and wisedom. I and many others will attempt to pass them along. josh r.

  • phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    I appreciate you telling us....

    I'm sitting here a little stunned.  We knew he was on palative care, but he posted just last week....so this has caught me by surprise.  His wisdom, humor..... and his helpful knowledge of what Drs. were telling us, what the scans were saying....the little scary things that happen along the way to healing were invaluable to me.  Loved his honesty, too....Whenever a tough question would come up, I'd breathe a sigh of relief when Pat answered.....I always knew he KNEW what he was talking about.

    My condolences and prayers go to his wife and family.  He will be greatly missed on this site....

    p

  • dunedintech
    dunedintech Member Posts: 90
    Such Sad News

    Rest in Peace Pat. A true warrior. 

    CPC

     

  • Mrs. Sarge
    Mrs. Sarge Member Posts: 206 Member

    Such Sad News

    Rest in Peace Pat. A true warrior. 

    CPC

     

    Sad

    This news has saddened me. Pat shared his vast medical knowledge with us all while he was going through horrific physical trials!  What a neat man!  We will miss him!!!

  • Goyca
    Goyca Member Posts: 220

    really sad.

    Thank you for being a real survivor and inspiring me and everyone here.

    a beautiful soul. Rest in peace Pat. We love you.