Options
2»

Comments

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    foroughsh said:

It's always good to hear

It's always good to hear "confined to the kidney" and "clear margins". I'm wishing you both strength to fight and win this battle.

The ride home

Coming home from surgery is the one ride I will never forget. Take the car with the best shock absorbers. You know those sections between pavement in the concrete. Each one felt like a pothole on the ride home after the neph. Take the ride slow and easy.

Icemantoo

• Positive_Mental_Attitude
    Options
    icemantoo said:

The ride home

Coming home from surgery is the one ride I will never forget. Take the car with the best shock absorbers. You know those sections between pavement in the concrete. Each one felt like a pothole on the ride home after the neph. Take the ride slow and easy.

Icemantoo

I had to be driven home from

I had to be driven home from NYC to NJ--about 60 miles.  Some of the NYC streets had cobblestone sections.  I think I counted every cobblestone we traversed. 

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options

I had to be driven home from

I had to be driven home from NYC to NJ--about 60 miles.  Some of the NYC streets had cobblestone sections.  I think I counted every cobblestone we traversed. 

Getting home

The drive home from through Baltimore was like a jaunt through World War I battlefield on a penny farthing! How grateful I was for the much vaunted go-cart feel of my mini cooper!

• jason.2835
    jason.2835 Member Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    icemantoo said:

The ride home

Icemantoo

Potholes

Oh, man, Ice, you said it... 

The hospital was in center city Philadelphia, and the streets are horribly overworked... Very rough streets. And you'll never realize that more than when you come home after major surgery. I was hanging onto the overhead handle for my dear life, trying to keep my back off the seat so I could absorb more of the shock. My wife kept saying, "Sorry... Sorry..." Over and over. I said, "just get us into I-95." Good times. 

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Great to hear that it is out

Great to hear that it is out and it was confined to the kidney. Now you can bring him home (gingerly) and get him feeling better. The first few days are hard, but it will be all good surprisingly fast!

Hugs

Jojo

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Options
    Allochka said:

I can totally relate to what

I can totally relate to what you are feeling right now. My fiancé and I went through the same thing in November- December.

I would advise to stay away from Internet resources telling about prognosis, etc for a while. Stick to this board, it is very positive and contains a lot of valuable knowledge. Post here helped me to calm down, hopefully they will help you too.

And try to support your husband as best as you can. I was hiding my fear and pretending to be very positive all the time. I just thought that nobody would like to see his/her spouse being desperate, being sure of certain death. Not helpful for sure. But you will be scared - so come here for comfort.

Time flies fast, and pretty soon surgery and pathology will be over, and things will start getting better. Stage 2 is not a death sentence.

Good luck to you and your husband!

You can bet that things will be different now.

Lots of new words in your vocabulary. It occupies all your thoughts. And you are just starting life as a spouse of cancer patient. Let's all hope that all is well.