Melanoma Survivor

Options

Hello, everyone, I am new to this blog.  For quite some time now, I have wanted to share my story.  I cannot find a Melanoma Support Group in my area, so I was directed to this site.  I have survived 3 Melanoma boughts: 2001, 2006, and 2013.  The first was on my left shoulder; the second on the right cheek of my face; and the last on the right side of my neck, which was second to the one on my right cheek.  I want to be able to share my story of survival, and be an inspiration to others.

Comments

• cureitall66
    cureitall66 Member Posts: 913
    Options
    Might try this....

http://csn.cancer.org/forum/145

Hi Dawn,

Welcome to cancer.org forum! Wonderful to hear of your survivorship! It may be most helpful if you went under the "skin cancer" forum under this cancer.org site to share your story to others that have had that type of cancer. I've included the link above to take you there, however you could also just click on discussion board and scroll down to skin cancer and post there.

We at the head and neck forum are always happy to hear of successful stories. Feel free to join us as we all have battled cancer whether we are caregivers or the patient and feel we all have a connection somehow & call ourselves family. But, I'm sure there are many folks under the "skin cancer" forum that would LOVE to hear your story and you may be able to help someone over there also.

God Bless,

~C

• KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103
    Options

Might try this....

http://csn.cancer.org/forum/145

Hi Dawn,

Welcome to cancer.org forum! Wonderful to hear of your survivorship! It may be most helpful if you went under the "skin cancer" forum under this cancer.org site to share your story to others that have had that type of cancer. I've included the link above to take you there, however you could also just click on discussion board and scroll down to skin cancer and post there.

We at the head and neck forum are always happy to hear of successful stories. Feel free to join us as we all have battled cancer whether we are caregivers or the patient and feel we all have a connection somehow & call ourselves family. But, I'm sure there are many folks under the "skin cancer" forum that would LOVE to hear your story and you may be able to help someone over there also.

God Bless,

~C

Skin Cancer

I check the skin cancer site also.  It is not as active as the Head and Neck site.  Did you have Moh's surgery for the Melonoma on your cheek.  Have you needed to have chemo or radiation for any of your occurances.

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Dawn

Welcome to CSN H&N, glad to have you with us. My brother has problems with melanoma on his face and almost died from it back in the 1980, he is doing well now.

Tim Hondo

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Welcome to the H&N Group

I looked at the skin cancer group and it is not very active, and many posts don't even get a responce. So welcome to this one and glad you are doing well.

Bill

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    hi Dawn, it is great that you

hi Dawn, it is great that you want to share your story and encourage others.  i'm so sorry that cancer seems to really like you and i'm praying your bouts with it are OVER!!  welcome to our family, we are glad to have you.

God bless you,

dj