Options
2»

Comments

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    Trubrit said:

Cyber hugs, Linda

You are in my thougts. Be good to yourself. We care!

Sue - Trubrit

Oh Linda, I'm so sorry. What

Oh Linda, I'm so sorry. What a heartbreaking ending. 

That's how I first was sent for a colonoscopy, terrible constipation. Unfortunately, when they did an initial ultrasound they didn't see it because they didn't look low enough. When I went for the first visit to see the doctor who finally did the colonoscopy he felt that it was just IBS problems since I've always had that. I still remember him barely touching my stomach and wondering how he could figure anything out based on that.

Jan

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    LindaK. said:

Stage 2

MY husband was dx'd in Dec of 2012 and passed away 1week ago.  He followed every recommendation and treatment from the day of diagnosis until 9/22 when they said no more chemo.  He had had 4 colonoscopies from age 50 to 59 with some polyps but nothing cancerous or pre-cancerous.

Poor treatment and misread ct scan last December lead to 2 months of being treated for constipation when another large tumor was growing.  21 miserable days in the hospital in Jan.  Switched to new cancer center in March but outcome coud not be changed.  His original tumor was in colon, 2nd tumor in sm intestines and then spread to 2 distant lymph nodes, which ultimately caused his death.  I am still kind of numb about it and try not to dwell on the "what ifs" but the poor man suffered so and I can't get certain images out of my mind when I close my eyes.  I feel he wasted a whole year with poor medical management and it saddens me that he was treated like 'just another patient'

It just seems like such a waste.  I did not find too many others on this board that were stage 2 so I can't say how others fared.  All cancer makes me sad

Linda

I'm So Sorry to Linda

I'm not saying that any stage can't progress but it's been the norm that lower stages tend to do better.  There are sometimes stages that can be given and because of a hidden cell can promote more cells to go elsewhere.  I'm sorry that your husband passed and that he went through so much. My prayers go to all everyday and thank you for continuing to be on the board.  Please don't take my post hurtful.  I'm only stating that most move on.  My love and heart goes out to you.

Kim

• LindaK.
    LindaK. Member Posts: 506 Member
    Options

I'm So Sorry to Linda

I'm not saying that any stage can't progress but it's been the norm that lower stages tend to do better.  There are sometimes stages that can be given and because of a hidden cell can promote more cells to go elsewhere.  I'm sorry that your husband passed and that he went through so much. My prayers go to all everyday and thank you for continuing to be on the board.  Please don't take my post hurtful.  I'm only stating that most move on.  My love and heart goes out to you.

Kim

Thank you

I just wanted to share my husband's stage 2 diagnosis and experience.  Thanks for your kind words.

Linda

• LindaK.
    Options
    MaggieCat said:

If Only...

LindaK... My brother passed away in December, pancreatic cancer.  He was first diagnosed with prostate cancer and given treatment for that.  Did the cancer treatment professionals miss an earlier opportunity to focus on the real issue?  Maybe.  Sharing his daughter's words to me, arrived two days ago in the mail.  She was his right hand through the fight.  11 months on these are her words to me... and my words to you...

"you are going to be Okay.. Life is a walk that you take every day to learn all sorts of lessons along the way... the best thing to remember, come what may.....you are going to be okay"

Blessings to you Linda....

Maggie

Thank you

I would tell my husband every night he was in the hospice facility that I would be OK even though I didn't feel anything was OK at that time.  I told him I loved him, I knew he loved me, thanked him for the time we had together and that he had done a great job as a husband father and grandfather and that it was OK to go.  He lasted 7 days in an unresponsive state.  It was difficult to watch and difficult to say those words to him over and over but I hope he heard me.

I will keep those words close to me.  I am kind of a loner and don't mind doing things alone, but now this is much different.  No more phone calls, no kisses goodnight, which makes me very sad.  We had such hope when they staged him at level 2 and convinced him to do the chemo for the best outcome.  It just wasn't meant to be. 

Thanks, Linda

• LindaK.
    Options
    JanJan63 said:

Oh Linda, I'm so sorry. What

Oh Linda, I'm so sorry. What a heartbreaking ending. 

That's how I first was sent for a colonoscopy, terrible constipation. Unfortunately, when they did an initial ultrasound they didn't see it because they didn't look low enough. When I went for the first visit to see the doctor who finally did the colonoscopy he felt that it was just IBS problems since I've always had that. I still remember him barely touching my stomach and wondering how he could figure anything out based on that.

Jan

Darn doctors

When my husband went for his 1 year colonoscopy last December after his colon resection the only thing the GI doctor said was "You need to lose weight"  CT scan a few weeks prior I feel was read incorrectly - they said he had massive amounts of stool.  It just makes me sad he was not treated as a human or kindly.  I had asked for a PET scan for almost a year and kept getting told he doesn't need it.  The first appt. at the new cancer center we switched to in March scheduled the PET scan before we left - what a difference and these cancer centers are only about 7 miles apart.  I feel like writing them a letter with how I felt, but don't really have the energy to keep thinking about it nor do I want to keep wondering.

Thanks, Linda

• LindaK.
    Options
    Trubrit said:

Cyber hugs, Linda

You are in my thougts. Be good to yourself. We care!

Sue - Trubrit

Thanks

Smile

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    LindaK. said:

Thank you

I just wanted to share my husband's stage 2 diagnosis and experience.  Thanks for your kind words.

Linda

Linda, one thing I know for

Linda, one thing I know for sure is that he heard you and was comforted. Never doubt that. I've read enough data about that to know it's true that people in that state can hear everything around them. They do sleep sometimes but that would be the only time they wouldn't hear anything. And try not to beat yourself up about what could have been or what was missed. My mom passed in 1997 from pancreatic cancer and I knew she was sick a year before she passed. Her doctor kept blowing her off so I went to see him myself to ask him what was wrong with my mom. He told me she was just anxious. I still sometimes wake up from nightmares where I'm in a hospital running from person to person trying to tell them that my mom is sick and needs help and they're all ignoring me. I wake up with my face wet from tears and my heart pounding because I know she'll die.

• LindaK.
    Options
    JanJan63 said:

Linda, one thing I know for

Linda, one thing I know for sure is that he heard you and was comforted. Never doubt that. I've read enough data about that to know it's true that people in that state can hear everything around them. They do sleep sometimes but that would be the only time they wouldn't hear anything. And try not to beat yourself up about what could have been or what was missed. My mom passed in 1997 from pancreatic cancer and I knew she was sick a year before she passed. Her doctor kept blowing her off so I went to see him myself to ask him what was wrong with my mom. He told me she was just anxious. I still sometimes wake up from nightmares where I'm in a hospital running from person to person trying to tell them that my mom is sick and needs help and they're all ignoring me. I wake up with my face wet from tears and my heart pounding because I know she'll die.

Thanks

I'm sorry you're still having those nightmares.  I fall asleep each night hoping to dream of my husband, but don't seem to have any dreams anymore. 

Linda