new to this afraid of chemo

Options
2»

Comments

• taysho
    taysho Member Posts: 19
    Options

good to hear from you Taysho

Good to hear you're doing so well after your surgery Taysho. Keep up that positive attitude, it really does help. When do you start chemo? Stay in close touch with your MO during chemo & tell about any SE, get on top of them early.

I go to the doctor on Tuesday

I go to the doctor on Tuesday so I should know then!

I went today and I will go back next week after I get my last 2 drains out tomorrow, the plan is for me to start around the 15th. I started a new topic trying to get input about my choices :)

• Di Montuori
    Di Montuori Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Invasive ductal carcinoma is

Invasive ductal carcinoma is the most common and survivalable of breast cancers. I was diagnosed with that in May, stage 1. 2 tumors. The oncotype definitely defines whether or not chemo will help to reduce the rate of recurrence. My rate was 35%, so I opted for it. I don't blame you, as I was terrified as well. I thought it would be horrendous. It wasn't fun, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. They'll give you so much antinausea meds, and even sedate you if you want. A lot of places have massage therapists in the infusion room. And everybody talks to each other in the infusion room. You can bring a friend or family member with you (definitely encouraged). They'll seat you together. You can bring snacks, your electronics, anything to make yourself comfortable.  Good luck.