Options
13»

Comments

• qv62
    qv62 Member Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    mp327 said:

qv62

Thank you so very much!  You are very sweet.  I enjoyed some tiramisu cheesecake tonight!  I'm glad to see you back here and I hope you are feelng better!

mp327

Thanks Martha, I have just been extra wiped out these past 2 weeks, I went back to work last Tues and have to lay down each day when I get home. I feel beat up. like I went a few rounds in the ring. I am fighting to get through the day but it was time. We were able to get away for Labor Day weekend, the first day I was so so sick and had horrible diarreah and thought this was the worst idea ever and that I was crazy to think I could go away but felt like I missed the last 3 months of my life and wanted to get away before work started, the next 2 days were fantastic so I wound up having no regrets, now you have me hankerering for cheeesecake lol be well.

• pializ
    pializ Member Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    qv62 said:

mp327

Thanks Martha, I have just been extra wiped out these past 2 weeks, I went back to work last Tues and have to lay down each day when I get home. I feel beat up. like I went a few rounds in the ring. I am fighting to get through the day but it was time. We were able to get away for Labor Day weekend, the first day I was so so sick and had horrible diarreah and thought this was the worst idea ever and that I was crazy to think I could go away but felt like I missed the last 3 months of my life and wanted to get away before work started, the next 2 days were fantastic so I wound up having no regrets, now you have me hankerering for cheeesecake lol be well.

Martha

I am ok thanks Martha.

Have had issues with hip pain & worsening mobility.  I had arthritis in my hip before. Waiting for a dexa scan & had a referral to orthopaedics. CT scan today. Now almost 20 months post treatment. Not worried about the scan, just the results. As Laz said, it's either really good or really bad. Ct scan because I was node positive. My oncologist is away  so earliest appointment with her is 1st October. Hoping someone kind will be able to ease my worry before then.

Apart from that, I am doing well. In work full time & coping. Had a really good review on my work yesterday so feeling really good about that. 

Weather good here at the moment so enjoying doing my pots & hanging baskets for some winter & spring colour.

Hope you are still enjoying your running........& cheesecake

Liz x

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    qv62 said:

mp327

qv62

I'm sorry that your recovery has been rough.  Fatigue can last awhile, but with time, you'll feel your energy level come up.  Don't be discouraged!  This treatment really takes a toll on our bodies and you're still early in the post-treatment phase.  I'm glad you were able to take a little getaway and that once you got past that bad first day, you were able to enjoy yourself.  I remembering having horrible diarrhea and it really disrupts everything!  Imodium helped me a lot.  I hope that all of this will soon be past history for you and that you can get back to feeling good.  Hang in there!

• mp327
    Options
    pializ said:

Martha

I am ok thanks Martha.

Have had issues with hip pain & worsening mobility.  I had arthritis in my hip before. Waiting for a dexa scan & had a referral to orthopaedics. CT scan today. Now almost 20 months post treatment. Not worried about the scan, just the results. As Laz said, it's either really good or really bad. Ct scan because I was node positive. My oncologist is away  so earliest appointment with her is 1st October. Hoping someone kind will be able to ease my worry before then.

Apart from that, I am doing well. In work full time & coping. Had a really good review on my work yesterday so feeling really good about that. 

Weather good here at the moment so enjoying doing my pots & hanging baskets for some winter & spring colour.

Hope you are still enjoying your running........& cheesecake

Liz x

Hi Liz

I wish you all good results on that CT scan and I hope someone will find it in their heart to give you the good news prior to your October 1st. appointment.  That's a long time to have to wait.  I'm sorry to hear you are having hip pain.  Is this your first dexa scan?  I have had several, which showed that my bones are getting worse, so I was started on Fosamax earlier this year.  At this point, I have no way of knowing whether or not it's helping me.  The good news is I'm still running.

Continued best wishes to you with your health and your work.  Please let us know what those scan results show and what the orthopedist has to say about your hip pain.  Enjoy all of those flowers!

Martha 

• AZANNIE
    AZANNIE Member Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    mp327 said:

Ann

Thank you!  My plan is to have a piece of cheesecake there, and also bring one home with me for the next day!  Now that I know it's your birthday on the 10th., I might have to bring home two!  I hope you have a very happy birthday and I wish you many, many more!

Martha

Thanks for the cheescake! It was yummy! LOL!  Congrats again on your 6 years!  Every year is a milestone! Wishing you many more years! Your inspiration and encouragement are always welcomed on this site! Smile

Ann 

• mp327
    Options
    AZANNIE said:

Martha

Thanks for the cheescake! It was yummy! LOL!  Congrats again on your 6 years!  Every year is a milestone! Wishing you many more years! Your inspiration and encouragement are always welcomed on this site! Smile

Ann 

Ann

I'm glad you enjoyed the cheesecake!  Wink  Thank you so very much!

• qv62
    qv62 Member Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    mp327 said:

qv62

I'm sorry that your recovery has been rough.  Fatigue can last awhile, but with time, you'll feel your energy level come up.  Don't be discouraged!  This treatment really takes a toll on our bodies and you're still early in the post-treatment phase.  I'm glad you were able to take a little getaway and that once you got past that bad first day, you were able to enjoy yourself.  I remembering having horrible diarrhea and it really disrupts everything!  Imodium helped me a lot.  I hope that all of this will soon be past history for you and that you can get back to feeling good.  Hang in there!

mp327

Thanks Martha, luckily I packed the imodium for the trip and will now keep some in my purse just in case. I guess I was a little out of my element of what and how much I had been eating the first day, not to mention the first time I had a few glases of wine, I guess I rocked my system. I'm learning my limits and better safe than sorry.