Saw the Oncologist today for

my periodic checkup....hadn't been there since to since last May, and my scan was July 1st.  Not only do I look good (in her eyes), and feel good (in my estimate).....but FINALLY my blood counts have returned to normal!!!  That took 2 years.....day after tomorrow will be my two year anniversary of finishing treatment!  YEAH.....I made it over that hump.  She still doesn't like my weight....it's below 90 again, but hell, I've been very busy....it's summer!  I'll have to eat more ice cream Laughing

p

Comments

• jcortney
    jcortney Member Posts: 503
    All I can say is:

HURRRRRRRRRAYYYYYYY......................

Simplly outstanding.

Joe

• KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103
    Way to go

Way to go!  Good report.  I have no appetite lately so I am glad I don't have to weigh in!  Ice cream should do it, unless you have to share it with the girls!

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Fantastic!

So glad to hear P on both counts. Now let's get some snow so you can lay around and eat lots of ice cream. Don

• josh r.
    josh r. Member Posts: 264 Member
    Great Report

Hi P,

I am so happy for you! It's more fun trying to put the weight back on than it is trying to take it off! Enjoy all the icecream you want. josh r.

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Great news......

Go for milkshakes to add weight. They add calories, a med. size is over 500 and large is 700+. They will increase your mucus so drink more water if it is a concern or you're a Lary. It helped me gain, and snak on pudding cups.

So glad you are doing so well. HAPPY DANCE  ! ! ! ! 

Bill

• fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    totally

totally awesome!

dancing with ice creme has to be extra special. 

congrats

john 

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    fisrpotpe said:

totally

totally awesome!

dancing with ice creme has to be extra special. 

congrats

john 

Congrats!

You are so deserving of a good report, now celebrate!

• Noellesmom
    Noellesmom Member Posts: 1,859 Member
    wonderful news!

Eat some ice cream for me, too!

• D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    YAAAAAAAAAY!

I scream, you scream, we ALL scream because Phrannie is doing GREAT!  And, because we all love ice cream.  Smile

Deb

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    very good

P51,

From where I am standing you look good to me too!  Kind of a NED like aura surrounding you.

As for the ice cream, come on, let’s go, the treats on me.

Matt

• sin9775
    sin9775 Member Posts: 199 Member
    Fantastic News

Congratulations on getting to the happy two year milestone.  May you be blessed with many healthy years to come!  I don't comment much, but I do read a lot of posts.  Somehow I missed your post about being able to enjoy ice cream again.  The last I knew, you kept trying with no success.   So congratulations on that as well!! 

~Shawn~

• Goyca
    Goyca Member Posts: 220
    Youupii loved the news :))))

Youupii loved the news :)))) u deserve all great things phrannie

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    Goyca said:

Youupii loved the news :))))

Youupii loved the news :)))) u deserve all great things phrannie

Way to go!

Now go eat!

• jackflash22
    jackflash22 Member Posts: 524 Member
    Well done

great news, the 2 year milestone and alls well. Add some calorific milk shakes to your icecreams........

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710

Well done

great news, the 2 year milestone and alls well. Add some calorific milk shakes to your icecreams........

Guiness

P in moderation a sly half of Guiness assists with weight gain. If you are not used to the taste a splash of Blackcurrant cordial. Soothes throat also. G.

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Count

You always count for me... Foot in Mouth

Glad all is well..... It took well over a year for my blood counts to return to the normal ranges as well.... We are just abi-normals now...

John

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    LOL....you guys make me smile.....

a warm, cozy smile.....thank you all!  It's kind of a "birthday" in a way.  The ice cream is kind of a joke.  All I can say about it is....it's addictive even if you can't taste it....ha!  I eat some everyday, in hopes that one day, it will again pack the pleasure it once did.  I eat the kind with nuts in it, because nuts I can taste.....even add more nuts to there's flavor in every bite.

Getting to the two year mark is a flat out relief.....daughter and grandkids are here to help celebrate.....more fun to add to the original birthday party.

p

• cureitall66
    cureitall66 Member Posts: 913
    YEAH.....

Glad to hear your news "P". It's such a relief to hit that milestone of 2 yrs. We are at 21 months and counting.... Laughing

Now, go have some ICE CREAM!!

~C

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Hi P

Great news congratulations, I know about the weight problem still trying to get over 140 lbs. But you know what if I stay at 140 lbs I will not need to buy any new outfits, so that will help my budget.

All the best to you

Tim Hondo

• Big hugs x x x x

Big hugs x x x x