Just Diagnosed

Options

This is all brand new.  I received my diagnosis today.  I've suspected for 3 months that this was cancer.  I was told it was a harmless Brachial Cleft Cyst but when the surgeon removed it the pathology said Metastatic Squamous Cell Carcinoma.  He pulled a piece of tonsil and the lymph node near the cyst/necrotic lymph node (?) for biopsy.  

It is tonsil cancer in one tonsil that presented itself with a large cyst on my cervical neck, same side as tonsil. The other node was not positive.  I have seen this diagnosis with this same presentation over and over again.  I'm hoping to read and learn and receive advise and encouragement from this site.

After my PET scan I'm suppose to have a tonsillectomy, modified radical neck dissection, 6 weeks of radiation and some chemo.  I'm worried about the PET scan because ENT told me that if it's in my lungs or liver there is no treatment options that are favorable for 5 year survival.  Ouch.

I suspect this is from the HPV-16 virus.  Everything I've read suggests that this cancer is typically found in the older male who was a heavy drinker and smoker!  I am an ex smoker, not an older male and do not drink so I have to believe it is HPV-16.  I'll know next week what that test result is.

My life as I know it is temporarily over.  I would appreciate any and all advise right now.

Thank you so much,

Shell

Comments

• Hard12Find
    Hard12Find Member Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Shell

Sorry to hear you have joined our little club, but know you have found a place with a wealth of knowledge and support, My advice for now and Im sure others will chime in with more, but take a deep breath or two, relax as best you can, try and wrap your head around this, then put on your game face, and buckle in for a wild ride....I am two years post diagnosis 1.5 post treatment, and there is life after treatment, just know SCC on the tonsil is very treatable, to cureable, the treatment can be brutal, but it can be done....Eat as much as you can, pack on 10-20 pounds if you can, get your dental work checked and taken care of prior to treatment, read up on the superthread, and ask questions from all of us here that have been touched by H&N "C". I'm here for you, and you will find many others as well.....

Jim

• sin9775
    sin9775 Member Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Very Sorry

Shell, I am so sorry you will have to deal with this horrible beast.  I have am not the person with the cancer in my family, my brother is.  He is a bit over one year post treatment at this point.  He is doing quite well now.  I won't lie to you, it wasn't easy for him and it was awful to see him suffer, but you know what, he says he hardly remembers it now!  I guess it's kind of like bring in labor, at the time it is terrible, but given time it will be a distant memory.

I will tell you this, the people on this board are very generous with their knowledge, their time  and their prayers.  They are also very loving and patient, so never hesitate to ask any questions.  There is a superthread you c should take time to read through; it will answer a lot of questions regarding what you can expect and hints about how to manage the things that may or not pop up along your journey.   You are right, your life is about to change.  You will get a new normal and life will be good again. 

Good luck to you and God bless.

~Shawn~

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    welcome

Shell,

Welcome to the H&N forum, what a wonderful day to find out you have cancer, for me it was December 23rd, 2011 (certain dates stick with you).

As said, check out the SuperThread for some understanding and know that many here are survivors of SCC of Tonsils.  For me it was stage IVa, scc, bot, 1 lymph node, hpv+ (surgery, rads & Erbitux).

We have all stood where you stand and understand what you are feeling.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason to why it picked on you, it just is.  Don’t beat yourself up, you are stronger than you think and you will manage the days ahead and come out the other side, most likely free of the beast.

Best advice I got was to drink lots of water and swallow often.

Best of luck,

Matt

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Welcome to the H&N Group Shell

I will first say welcome to the H&N group and sorry you need to be here. First the survival for Tonsil cancer is quite good and If it is HPV, even better. It responds better to the treatment. This can happen If you never smoked or drank. Those just increase the odds. I have read your post at least four times and something just does not sound right. You have one tonsil and a cystand one node, [lymph gland]. The second gland came back clean.  

You said because ENT told me that if it's in my lungs or liver there is no treatment options that are favorable for 5 year survival. Im sorry but that is BS and should never been said to you. That is NOT PROFESSIONAL. It depends where it is and many other things. My Brother-in-law just had lung surgery for cancer and is back to work.

Where does the lung or liver even enter, having a posiabilty of it spreading to their?  I have stage 3 emphysema and very bad lungs. I had SSC of the suprsgolittic [larnyx] They thought it was T4,N2,M0, and there was never talk about my lungs or liver. I also have Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency, which is rare and in simple terms, I will get emphysema if I never smoked, I did smoke, and it can damage my liver as well. I am very interested why anyone would talk about it spreading before you had a PET scan. I would consider getting a second opion from a major center that has a tumor board. With me they said they could not ruel out it being in my lungs because I have so much scar tisue, it could be hiding. Valley fever scared my lungs, but the PET was clean their. After surgery I was down graded to T3, N0, M0 and they got all of the tumor out.  My tumor was 3cm x 2.5cm. I had a neck dissection Level 2~5 on both sides and took out 86 glands and my larnyx [Voice box]. Back to work in 10 weeks and had to learn to eat and talk and swallow all over again.

You will get the tonsillectomy and some lymph glands removed, and RAD and as you said some chemo. I never had RAD or Chemo, but your survival is very good and don't worry that much. The RAD and chemo is rough but you will get through it. Everyone here will be here to suport and answer questions to help get you through it. At frist when you are told your mind shuts off and your scared as hell.

If you have questions for your Dr, write them down on a pice of paper and just hand it to them, you will forget to ask him/her. My Dr wrote the answers on the paper and gave it back to me. Also take someone with you to help listen to what is said. The Dr will say something and you get stuck on that and don't hear anything else.

It is a bumpy road you will be going down, but you will get through it as so many here have befor you and some are right now as well. We will keep you in our prayers, but you need to think positive, you will beat this beast.

Bill  Oct 2013

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    Hi Shell...and welcome to the club

nobody wants to join.  I'm so happy you found us right away.....this is the best forum on the internet, with a wonderful group of supportive and VERY smart people to help you get through this.  Nobody knows why.... specifically, this cancer chose us....I was an ex-smoker and decided that was why I got it.....nobody ever mentioned HPV-16 till I got here.....and treatment is the same no matter how I got it.  Actully, my particular variation of SCC (Nasopharyngeal) is commonly found in oriental men.....and I'm neither oriental or a man.

Different Drs. have different styles.....I can't remember my ENT (or Oncologist, or the RO) bringing up my lungs or my liver at the beginning stage of the game.  Chances are you have no distant mets.....no sense in adding that worry to the mix.  This is a "one day at a time, one foot in front of the other" kind of disease and treatment.  It took me quite a while to put my name and the word "cancer" into the same sentence and have it make sense.....the diagnosis was just so unreal. 

I'm going to tell you what I was told when I first got to this group.....You are going to make it through this!  It's a patch of gravel on the hiway of life, but you are going to be riding on pavement again....quicker than you think!  You're right when you say "temporary".....it is a temporary slow down of life as you know it now, but the vast majority of us have rejoined the world.....a little different than we were.....Skiffin calls it "abi-normal".....but we are still here to talk about it.  Smile 

Advice at this juncture is to EAT!!  Eat all and everything you want.....I was a cheeseburger deluxe/Mexican food girl, myself.....and ate one or the other everyday for 2 weeks before treatment started and the first couple of weeks of radiation.  Eat and enjoy every morsel.....

You're in the hardest phase (emotionally) right now....the beginning of the tunnel.....the unknown in front of you is huge and it's scary.  You'll be surprised tho, how good it feels when you're finally taking an active part in the fight.....fear gets replaced with the will to fight and win....and you will win! 

The "Superthread" everybody is talking about is the first post on the front page.....it is always there, and full of information and experiences.  The best thing about having this group is.....there are so many ideas......when one thing doesn't work to help a problem, another might....we have tricks an tips up our sleeves the Drs. don't even know about.

Your life is temporarily on hold.....but it's not over.......it's going to be ok!

p

• Duggie88
    Duggie88 Member Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Shell

Sorry to hear you have to join our club. There are many good people on this site that will help you through your journey. I went through it starting with the diagnosis October 22, 2009, surgery December 18, 2009, and  radiation starting Februaru 16, 20010. Not a very enjoyable journey but if I can do it anybody can do it. As I said this site is home for many good people. I have never felt so attached to so many people I have never met in person. Stay off google and the world wide web, most of the info is old and not up to reality and quite frankly people are more prone to tell a horror story than they are one with a happy ending. I personally haven't been on this site much because of being very busy at work and my daughter is going through some thyroid issues that just remind me too much of my journey so I try to push forward just coping with her issues. You will have many questions throughout your journey, don't be afraid to ask. The doctors can diagnose, but these fine folks can get you through it. Sit back, take a deep breath, stay positive, and don't be shy, many questions will surface so don't be afraid to ask.

Jeff

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    Options
    Duggie88 said:

Shell

Sorry to hear you have to join our club. There are many good people on this site that will help you through your journey. I went through it starting with the diagnosis October 22, 2009, surgery December 18, 2009, and  radiation starting Februaru 16, 20010. Not a very enjoyable journey but if I can do it anybody can do it. As I said this site is home for many good people. I have never felt so attached to so many people I have never met in person. Stay off google and the world wide web, most of the info is old and not up to reality and quite frankly people are more prone to tell a horror story than they are one with a happy ending. I personally haven't been on this site much because of being very busy at work and my daughter is going through some thyroid issues that just remind me too much of my journey so I try to push forward just coping with her issues. You will have many questions throughout your journey, don't be afraid to ask. The doctors can diagnose, but these fine folks can get you through it. Sit back, take a deep breath, stay positive, and don't be shy, many questions will surface so don't be afraid to ask.

Jeff

Sorry

But I had very similar. 3 months post treatment and all well. A gentleman called JK posted recently who is 7 years out. The treatment is a challenge but doable and lots of good people here. Some useful treatment blogs on word press gammaraygary and Theo the radioactive man. Both UK based but similair treatments. Good luck Shell, G

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Shell

Hi and Welcome to the family here on CSN. Please understand that because you have cancer your life is not over it will just change a little that’s all. Many of us here are old timers and we stay here just to help people like you who are just starting the fight. You will get through this and you will be a survivor, something’s will change a little but in the end you will be alive to see your grandchildren. For now please keep posting and ask as many questing as you need.

God Bless

Tim Hondo  

• TracyLynn72
    TracyLynn72 Member Posts: 839
    Options
    Shell....

I'm so sorry for the emotional rollercoaster that you're riding right now, but you have found the BEST group of people around!  I didn't find this group until after both of my surgeries and I was already in treatment (radiation).  I had a doctor give me some "not so true" statements and luckily the friends I've made on this site set me straight.  Treatment isn't fun by any means, but it's totally doable.  I had a tough time with it, but I had weird side effects and reactions to the rads.  The surgeries weren't too bad actually.  This group is a family and we welcome you to it.  Ask questions, vent, express how you feel and in no time, we'll be celebrating that you are done.  I'm 14 months out of treatment and cancer free.  It was a tough road at times, but I did it and you can too!  Wishing you all the best!!!

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

Shell....

I'm so sorry for the emotional rollercoaster that you're riding right now, but you have found the BEST group of people around!  I didn't find this group until after both of my surgeries and I was already in treatment (radiation).  I had a doctor give me some "not so true" statements and luckily the friends I've made on this site set me straight.  Treatment isn't fun by any means, but it's totally doable.  I had a tough time with it, but I had weird side effects and reactions to the rads.  The surgeries weren't too bad actually.  This group is a family and we welcome you to it.  Ask questions, vent, express how you feel and in no time, we'll be celebrating that you are done.  I'm 14 months out of treatment and cancer free.  It was a tough road at times, but I did it and you can too!  Wishing you all the best!!!

Shell

Glad you found us. Nutrition and hydration are going to be key to making this easier for you. Eat whatever you can now to pack on a few pounds. My cancer was of the jaw 01/2012 with spread to some lymph nodes. Yes, mets to lung is a possibility but don't borrow trouble, majority here have not seen that happen. I had two recurrances but neither to lungs or liver and both resolved. My last PET was no evidence of disease. Will have another PET 09/10.  My advice is to "take it as it comes and deal with it". Don't waste energy with worry about things that may or may not happen. Things will move quickly so I suggest getting a calendar for doctor appts. Radiation itself is only about 10-15 minutes a day and does not hurt, it is the side effects that are challenging. You will have some side effect but not all and they come in varying degrees. My original chemo was Cisplatin. My worst side effect was sores on my lips and fatigue. I won't sugar coat it, it was rough but we all make it through the nasty tx. You can do this!

Candi in STL

• CherieLW
    CherieLW Member Posts: 472
    Options
    Hi Shell!
    I myself have not

Hi Shell!

I myself have not been affected by cancer, but my father was who I am extremely close to.  I know that many ppl on here who have lived it can give you wonderful advice as they did my father.  So sorry to hear that you have to go through this, I'll be praying for you the whole time.  I can't think of many things more devastating than cancer... 

I know one thing is that trying to stay as positive as possible and having support are 2 of the greatest things.  Because of those, my dad has thrived and stayed more positive than anyone I know of in his situation.  He had sinus cancer and 2 lymph nodes affected.  He lost his taste, had a peg tube (which despite sounding scary- was not and was such a lifesaver!).  He is now just hand in hand with Shawn's brother- a little over a year out of treatment and cancer free!  

It's amazing what technology can do these days!  I think going through this now would greater anyone's chances of longer survival versus even 5 to ten years ago! It was amazing when I first visited this site the amount of support and watching people's stories/progress.  You will be amazed.

Prayers!

Cherie 

• Laralyn
    Laralyn Member Posts: 532
    Options
    Hi, Shell! Welcome to the

Hi, Shell! Welcome to the group we wish no one else ever had to join. :-)

It's not just the end of some things for you--it's also the beginning of other things. Not all of the changes that come with the diagnosis and treatment are bad ones. I feel more alive now than I ever did before cancer. I appreciate things more. I'm more mellow, and more forgiving. I try to value every moment I'm given. 

I had a similar diagnosis: SCC in my left tonsil with soft palate involvement as well as two nodes on the same side. Mine was HPV+. My first recommendation would be to get a second opinion, even if you like your current doctors. You want to feel 100% confident in your decisions and hearing a second expert would send you on the same path is a big help in terms of peace of mind. I think it's also worth a second opinion because there's evidence that in some cases where the cancer is HPV positive you get similar results with and without surgery. If there's a chance that can be true for you (as it was for me--I had no neck/throat surgery), IMO it's worth that second opinion.

Keep posting here and don't hesitate to ask questions. We've all been there and we're glad to help any way we can!

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    hi shell, welcome to our

hi shell, welcome to our family.  the one nobody wants to join.  i'm sorry you need to be here but glad you found us right away.  i didn't find it until after tx and I really missed out on a lot of very important and needed information.  ask any/all questions you have.  i'm sure someone will be able to share their experience with you.  come here if you want to vent or if you feel alone or if you want to share that you had a good day, whatever you feel.  as long as you come here, you will NEVER be alone.  we will ALWAYS be here with you.  we will be on the sidelines cheering you on.  we will even pull you along when you feel like you can't put one foot in front of the other.  we are now family and that's what family does.  as for it spreading, i'd just worry about what has been found, not what someone says may happen.  the tx is tough as the others have said, but also like they said, we are here to share our stories.  we made it and so will you.  start writting down any questions you have so you don't forget to ask them.  leave room to write down the replies.  if you have a hand-held recorder that would be even better.  if possible, have someone attend doc visits with you, 2 sets of ears is always better than one.  create a calender for your treatments so its easier to keep them straight.  plus you can mark them off as you do them.  as you go thru this, i'd get copies of every test i have done and keep them for your records.  if you get them as they are done there is usually no charge.  if you wait until later when there are many, they will charge you, at least that's how it worked with me.  i have a notebook with all my info in it from my dx and rad dosage tx to the last throat dialation i had done in June.  I will be praying for smooth tx and with few side effects.  please keep us posted on your progresss and remember we are here for you.

God bless you,

dj

• Jeff2159
    Jeff2159 Member Posts: 108
    Options
    Your Life is Not Over

It is just taking a different direction. I won't sugar coat it the road is rough but it is doable. You need a positive attitude and hopefully support from family and friends. You will have many bad days as rads and chemo can be rough but it does get better and you will have good days too. After treatment you might smile and pat yourself on the back for surviving what you had endured. Take it a day at a time because there is not much you can do except be positive.

good luck

Jeff

• Shell_7801
    Shell_7801 Member Posts: 71
    Options

Shell

Sorry to hear you have joined our little club, but know you have found a place with a wealth of knowledge and support, My advice for now and Im sure others will chime in with more, but take a deep breath or two, relax as best you can, try and wrap your head around this, then put on your game face, and buckle in for a wild ride....I am two years post diagnosis 1.5 post treatment, and there is life after treatment, just know SCC on the tonsil is very treatable, to cureable, the treatment can be brutal, but it can be done....Eat as much as you can, pack on 10-20 pounds if you can, get your dental work checked and taken care of prior to treatment, read up on the superthread, and ask questions from all of us here that have been touched by H&N "C". I'm here for you, and you will find many others as well.....

Jim

Thank you Jim,
    I'm trying

Thank you Jim,

I'm trying very hard to take that big deep breath.  It feels hard to even get a breath.  I'm still mad, very mad at the ENT.  But it is a useless emotion and I know I need to come out swinging at this cancer and not the people around me.

Shell

• Shell_7801
    Options
    sin9775 said:

Very Sorry

Shell, I am so sorry you will have to deal with this horrible beast.  I have am not the person with the cancer in my family, my brother is.  He is a bit over one year post treatment at this point.  He is doing quite well now.  I won't lie to you, it wasn't easy for him and it was awful to see him suffer, but you know what, he says he hardly remembers it now!  I guess it's kind of like bring in labor, at the time it is terrible, but given time it will be a distant memory.

I will tell you this, the people on this board are very generous with their knowledge, their time  and their prayers.  They are also very loving and patient, so never hesitate to ask any questions.  There is a superthread you c should take time to read through; it will answer a lot of questions regarding what you can expect and hints about how to manage the things that may or not pop up along your journey.   You are right, your life is about to change.  You will get a new normal and life will be good again. 

Good luck to you and God bless.

~Shawn~

I'm worried for my husband

I'm worried for my husband taking care of me like you have your brother.  He is not a "motherly" type and I've already scolded him for not knowing where my discharge instructions were after surgery or monitoring how much pain med's I was taking.  I feel horrible now.  He has no idea how to handle this.  The man loves me unconditionally and I'm going to pray that this brings us closer together.

Shell

• Shell_7801
    Options
    CivilMatt said:

welcome

Shell,

Welcome to the H&N forum, what a wonderful day to find out you have cancer, for me it was December 23rd, 2011 (certain dates stick with you).

As said, check out the SuperThread for some understanding and know that many here are survivors of SCC of Tonsils.  For me it was stage IVa, scc, bot, 1 lymph node, hpv+ (surgery, rads & Erbitux).

We have all stood where you stand and understand what you are feeling.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason to why it picked on you, it just is.  Don’t beat yourself up, you are stronger than you think and you will manage the days ahead and come out the other side, most likely free of the beast.

Best advice I got was to drink lots of water and swallow often.

Best of luck,

Matt

Matt, thank you!  I'm pretty

Matt, thank you!  I'm pretty sure he said mine is Stage 3a, not so sure about the "a" but that's what I remember.  I've not asked "why me".  I watched my mother die of skin cancer age 43, my best friend die of colon cancer age 38, my uncle die lung cancer age 55, my father die of every cancer, just full of it, age 72.  And I continued to smoke.  Most of my friends will continue to smoke even though I have revealed what it has done to me.  I cannot be surprised because I knew it would some day take a turn on me.

Shell

• Shell_7801
    Options
    wmc said:

Welcome to the H&N Group Shell

I will first say welcome to the H&N group and sorry you need to be here. First the survival for Tonsil cancer is quite good and If it is HPV, even better. It responds better to the treatment. This can happen If you never smoked or drank. Those just increase the odds. I have read your post at least four times and something just does not sound right. You have one tonsil and a cystand one node, [lymph gland]. The second gland came back clean.  

You said because ENT told me that if it's in my lungs or liver there is no treatment options that are favorable for 5 year survival. Im sorry but that is BS and should never been said to you. That is NOT PROFESSIONAL. It depends where it is and many other things. My Brother-in-law just had lung surgery for cancer and is back to work.

Where does the lung or liver even enter, having a posiabilty of it spreading to their?  I have stage 3 emphysema and very bad lungs. I had SSC of the suprsgolittic [larnyx] They thought it was T4,N2,M0, and there was never talk about my lungs or liver. I also have Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency, which is rare and in simple terms, I will get emphysema if I never smoked, I did smoke, and it can damage my liver as well. I am very interested why anyone would talk about it spreading before you had a PET scan. I would consider getting a second opion from a major center that has a tumor board. With me they said they could not ruel out it being in my lungs because I have so much scar tisue, it could be hiding. Valley fever scared my lungs, but the PET was clean their. After surgery I was down graded to T3, N0, M0 and they got all of the tumor out.  My tumor was 3cm x 2.5cm. I had a neck dissection Level 2~5 on both sides and took out 86 glands and my larnyx [Voice box]. Back to work in 10 weeks and had to learn to eat and talk and swallow all over again.

You will get the tonsillectomy and some lymph glands removed, and RAD and as you said some chemo. I never had RAD or Chemo, but your survival is very good and don't worry that much. The RAD and chemo is rough but you will get through it. Everyone here will be here to suport and answer questions to help get you through it. At frist when you are told your mind shuts off and your scared as hell.

If you have questions for your Dr, write them down on a pice of paper and just hand it to them, you will forget to ask him/her. My Dr wrote the answers on the paper and gave it back to me. Also take someone with you to help listen to what is said. The Dr will say something and you get stuck on that and don't hear anything else.

It is a bumpy road you will be going down, but you will get through it as so many here have befor you and some are right now as well. We will keep you in our prayers, but you need to think positive, you will beat this beast.

Bill  Oct 2013

Bill,
    B#s*tard ENT.
    My

Bill,

B#s*tard ENT.

My husband broke down uncontrollably when that ENT said if it's in my lung or liver I'm pretty much dead.  I'm having a very tough time thinking of that too.  I don't think it made it to my lungs and if it did I'm gonna fight like hell.  If I cuss I hope I don't get thrown off the site.  I'm going to my GP tomorrow for some Xanax and I'm going to do like you said with the paper, very good idea thank you!

Shell

• Shell_7801
    Options

Hi Shell...and welcome to the club

nobody wants to join.  I'm so happy you found us right away.....this is the best forum on the internet, with a wonderful group of supportive and VERY smart people to help you get through this.  Nobody knows why.... specifically, this cancer chose us....I was an ex-smoker and decided that was why I got it.....nobody ever mentioned HPV-16 till I got here.....and treatment is the same no matter how I got it.  Actully, my particular variation of SCC (Nasopharyngeal) is commonly found in oriental men.....and I'm neither oriental or a man.

Different Drs. have different styles.....I can't remember my ENT (or Oncologist, or the RO) bringing up my lungs or my liver at the beginning stage of the game.  Chances are you have no distant mets.....no sense in adding that worry to the mix.  This is a "one day at a time, one foot in front of the other" kind of disease and treatment.  It took me quite a while to put my name and the word "cancer" into the same sentence and have it make sense.....the diagnosis was just so unreal. 

I'm going to tell you what I was told when I first got to this group.....You are going to make it through this!  It's a patch of gravel on the hiway of life, but you are going to be riding on pavement again....quicker than you think!  You're right when you say "temporary".....it is a temporary slow down of life as you know it now, but the vast majority of us have rejoined the world.....a little different than we were.....Skiffin calls it "abi-normal".....but we are still here to talk about it.  Smile 

Advice at this juncture is to EAT!!  Eat all and everything you want.....I was a cheeseburger deluxe/Mexican food girl, myself.....and ate one or the other everyday for 2 weeks before treatment started and the first couple of weeks of radiation.  Eat and enjoy every morsel.....

You're in the hardest phase (emotionally) right now....the beginning of the tunnel.....the unknown in front of you is huge and it's scary.  You'll be surprised tho, how good it feels when you're finally taking an active part in the fight.....fear gets replaced with the will to fight and win....and you will win! 

The "Superthread" everybody is talking about is the first post on the front page.....it is always there, and full of information and experiences.  The best thing about having this group is.....there are so many ideas......when one thing doesn't work to help a problem, another might....we have tricks an tips up our sleeves the Drs. don't even know about.

Your life is temporarily on hold.....but it's not over.......it's going to be ok!

p

P,
    I've stalked your posts!

P,

I've stalked your posts!  You are so encouraging to others here. I'm also having a hard time saying the word cancer, especially when I had to call my 7 month pregnant daughter and then my 18 year old son who is away at school.  He wants to come here, I don't want him to.  My calendar is already full, PET, surgeon, radiation Dr., Chemo Dr.  I just want to get the PET over with.  Thank you for talking to me.

Shell

• Shell_7801
    Options
    Duggie88 said:

Shell

Jeff

Thank you Jeff,

So four

Thank you Jeff,

So four years later means you are considered a survivor right?  Yes, googling every word you see on your pathology report is useless.  I just want to talk to people who have "been there and done that".  I will trust this site more than anything else.  I'm going to a cancer support group at my hospital too.

Shell