Treatment Over

Options
2»

Comments

• Duggie88
    Duggie88 Member Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Gary

Time to sit back and relax and heal. No daily trips for treatment. No more ground hog day. (Movie over here where a guy wakes up every morning reliving groundhog day over and over again) Know your limitations and try not to overdo it. Sounds like you did pretty well through treatment. No mouth sores I am jealous they took pictures of mine to show others . I had them pretty bad and they kept trying to get me to take more pain pills when I was already floating on a cloud.

Heal on

Jeff

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    Options
    Duggie88 said:

Gary

Time to sit back and relax and heal. No daily trips for treatment. No more ground hog day. (Movie over here where a guy wakes up every morning reliving groundhog day over and over again) Know your limitations and try not to overdo it. Sounds like you did pretty well through treatment. No mouth sores I am jealous they took pictures of mine to show others . I had them pretty bad and they kept trying to get me to take more pain pills when I was already floating on a cloud.

Heal on

Jeff

Ground Hog Day!

Jeff, seen it. Bill Murray classic! Cant complain so far and thanks but I know I have to rest and not overdo it. It has been drummed into me by Dr. Gentle walk today! G.

• Roar
    Roar Member Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Your lucky

I had the same treatment and lost 35 lbs- inside of my mouth felt like I had sun poisoning- I couldn't swallow. Just barely missed having to put in a peg tube. My primary was unknown and I am sure they hit a lot more places on me than a person where they know where to target the radiation. Count your blessings. I stopped the pain meds after about 2 weeks. Probably a little pre mature looking back. Sounds like your doing what you need to do and prepared well. Just remember recovery is measured in terms of months and sometimes years here. I remember thinking that when my treatment was over I would be back to my normal routine in a few weeks. It was more like 6 months to a year and sometimes I still have bad days when I over do it at work- use your down time wisely and relax, go for a walk to get some air in your lungs if you can and don't worry about anything except your recovery right now( I know easier said than done) but you have to take care of yourself first. It's a very selfish disease. Don't bother yourself worrying about getting addicted to pain meds as your doctors will let you know when it's time to begin weening off them. Good luck and take care of yourself.

ralph

• Guzzle
    Options
    Roar said:

Your lucky

I had the same treatment and lost 35 lbs- inside of my mouth felt like I had sun poisoning- I couldn't swallow. Just barely missed having to put in a peg tube. My primary was unknown and I am sure they hit a lot more places on me than a person where they know where to target the radiation. Count your blessings. I stopped the pain meds after about 2 weeks. Probably a little pre mature looking back. Sounds like your doing what you need to do and prepared well. Just remember recovery is measured in terms of months and sometimes years here. I remember thinking that when my treatment was over I would be back to my normal routine in a few weeks. It was more like 6 months to a year and sometimes I still have bad days when I over do it at work- use your down time wisely and relax, go for a walk to get some air in your lungs if you can and don't worry about anything except your recovery right now( I know easier said than done) but you have to take care of yourself first. It's a very selfish disease. Don't bother yourself worrying about getting addicted to pain meds as your doctors will let you know when it's time to begin weening off them. Good luck and take care of yourself.

ralph

Thanks

Ralph, I think my treatment was easier than some. They found my primary in my tonsil whilst I was out in surgery so I was nearly in the same position as you. I was still excercising way into treatment but have been ordered to put feet up for a few weeks. Prob lost about ten pounds in all. No sores n moth and saliva seems ok. Taste a little off with spicy foods. Bit of a sore throat on one side. No peg or NG tube though. Main concern with pain meds is getting constipated!

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Congrats

Wow, the time can go by faster then you think. Rest up, and I'm glad it's over for you. I hope all the bumps in that road are all over and it's all smooth road from now on.

wmc

• Guzzle
    Options
    wmc said:

Congrats

Wow, the time can go by faster then you think. Rest up, and I'm glad it's over for you. I hope all the bumps in that road are all over and it's all smooth road from now on.

wmc

Cheers

Thanks. Just trying to get of ain meds now because of nasty side effects!

• Goyca
    Goyca Member Posts: 220
    Options
    amazing :)

Yyyooouuuhhhooouuu congratulations Gary :)

loved you spirit throughout this phase,,, gave me a lot of positiveness.

Stay strong but take it easy try to relax :)

hugs,

Goyca.

• Guzzle
    Options
    Goyca said:

amazing :)

Yyyooouuuhhhooouuu congratulations Gary :)

loved you spirit throughout this phase,,, gave me a lot of positiveness.

Stay strong but take it easy try to relax :)

hugs,

Goyca.

Appreciated

Following your progress and hope you are ok Goyca