CT chest showed a subplueral density 6mm in right lower lobe lung scared.

2»

Comments

• nicotianna
    nicotianna Member Posts: 209
    knolltop said:

Nicotianna

Dear Nicotianna:

My cancer did Met to liver two years ago....thank goodness it was only one spot and I had a liver resection and 4 rounds of week long chemo.   I was NED for two years and now this spot on my lower right lobe shows up on CT scan in May.   Yes, it is scary and our minds can be so mean to us at times....especially at night in the quiet and still of bedtime.  But  my faith is  blessing me with inner peace amidst the time of tears.    Please keep us posted.   Know my prayers are with you.

Knolltop 

lung nodule

Thanks Martha & Knolltop -  I saw the thoracic surgeon today.  He showed me CT/PET scans.  In March the scan showed a lesion that did not light up.  The same lesion is larger & is lit (SUV 3).  I am scheduled for a VAT w/segmentectomy of this RUL nodule 6/23. I waited 3 weeks for a biopsy last July w/hot bilateral inguinal nodes.  Then I waited 3 more weeks for chemo & XRT to start.  I always have worried about that lapse in initiation of therapy.  I am happy to attack this aggressively.

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member

lung nodule

Thanks Martha & Knolltop -  I saw the thoracic surgeon today.  He showed me CT/PET scans.  In March the scan showed a lesion that did not light up.  The same lesion is larger & is lit (SUV 3).  I am scheduled for a VAT w/segmentectomy of this RUL nodule 6/23. I waited 3 weeks for a biopsy last July w/hot bilateral inguinal nodes.  Then I waited 3 more weeks for chemo & XRT to start.  I always have worried about that lapse in initiation of therapy.  I am happy to attack this aggressively.

nicotianna

I'm glad your doctors have you on the fast track now and that you will be having surgery on the 23rd.  May it be successful in ridding you of this nodule.  Please keep us posted as you can.  I send you positive thoughts and prayers.

• knolltop
    knolltop Member Posts: 56
    Nicotianna

Nicotianna:

The 23rd is right around the corner.   So glad you are getting it out.    If you are up to it, please let us know how it all works out for you.   I see the surgeon next Wednesday.Sending you good thoughts and many prayers.

• qv62
    qv62 Member Posts: 434 Member
    nicotianna and knolltop

wishing good things for you both, please jeep us posted, prayers in route

• knolltop
    qv62 said:

nicotianna and knolltop

wishing good things for you both, please jeep us posted, prayers in route

Thank You.

Thank you qv62.

• nicotianna
    knolltop said:

Thank You.

Thank you qv62.

knolltop, qv62, Marttha

Hi - My surgery for 6/23 has been cancelled.  The oncology team decided that it would be best to wait & see if another nodule appears since my dx & rx is so recent.  The plan is for me to have a repeat PET/CT 7/21.  Depending on the findings, I will have surgery if no new lesions.  I guess chemo if I have more.  I disagree but feel stuck.  The surgeon said it would still be a segmentectomy, not more.  Thanks for your support.  Hope your course of treatment is promising.  My thoughts are with you too.  Nic

• mp327

knolltop, qv62, Marttha

Hi - My surgery for 6/23 has been cancelled.  The oncology team decided that it would be best to wait & see if another nodule appears since my dx & rx is so recent.  The plan is for me to have a repeat PET/CT 7/21.  Depending on the findings, I will have surgery if no new lesions.  I guess chemo if I have more.  I disagree but feel stuck.  The surgeon said it would still be a segmentectomy, not more.  Thanks for your support.  Hope your course of treatment is promising.  My thoughts are with you too.  Nic

Nic

I know the disappointment of being mentally and physically prepared for something such as this then having it not happen.  Try not to be discouraged.  I hope you'll get the best possible results on 7/21.  Please keep us posted.

• knolltop

knolltop, qv62, Marttha

nicotianna

When I spoke with my Med Oncologist about the spot....he did scare me a little with the notion that more may pop up and that was another reason he wanted to wait for the next CT scan.   i had this thought in the back of my head but also somewhat ignored it.    In my case if more show up we would do the chemo route.    I am praying all works out for you and keeping a positive note that it is just the one and surgery will get it out.    The waiting game is hard.    Praying.

• nicotianna
    knolltop said:

nicotianna

When I spoke with my Med Oncologist about the spot....he did scare me a little with the notion that more may pop up and that was another reason he wanted to wait for the next CT scan.   i had this thought in the back of my head but also somewhat ignored it.    In my case if more show up we would do the chemo route.    I am praying all works out for you and keeping a positive note that it is just the one and surgery will get it out.    The waiting game is hard.    Praying.

knolltop, Martha

Thanks for your encouraging words.  I am rooting for you. Will keep you posted.  Looks like another bummer summer:( Nic

• knolltop
    Surgeon Appointment Today

Went to see the Throacic Surgeon and he said got to wait to see if it grows.    It is very small at this time. We talked about the possiblities of what it could be and the outcome of waiting the month for the next scan.     He showed me a picture of where it was on the lung CT and made a photo copy of it for my records.    So I spoke with my daughter and we decided to wait the three months raither than two for the next CT....end of July-beginning of August.    Will update when I get the next scan results.   Thank you for all your prayers and support.  I am still having much inner peace with all of this no matter at this time of the outcome.....I call it God's grace.

• nicotianna
    knolltop said:

Went to see the Throacic Surgeon and he said got to wait to see if it grows.    It is very small at this time. We talked about the possiblities of what it could be and the outcome of waiting the month for the next scan.     He showed me a picture of where it was on the lung CT and made a photo copy of it for my records.    So I spoke with my daughter and we decided to wait the three months raither than two for the next CT....end of July-beginning of August.    Will update when I get the next scan results.   Thank you for all your prayers and support.  I am still having much inner peace with all of this no matter at this time of the outcome.....I call it God's grace.

knolltop,

Not sure  when Martha's next PET/CT is, but it looks like you & I are on the same time frame.  My nodule was 6 X 8 mm 6/2.  Next scan is 7/21.  Thanks for the update.  Will report the outcome on 7/23.

Nic

• mp327
    knolltop said:

knolltop

As they say, "Go With God."  I am trying to do the same.  Whatever might be hanging out in my liver is already there, so I can do nothing to change it in the next few days before my scan.  I'm glad this lesion in your lung is very small and I hope that the next CT will show it to be stable. 

I must say I get a little absorbed in all of this at times, but most of the time, I am focused on other things.  Distraction and trying to keep very busy helps.  My house is suddenly much cleaner and my yard is getting some TLC.  I am trying to keep it together for my husband and friends who care about me.  It's not easy, but I'm doing okay.

Hang in there!

• mp327

knolltop,

Not sure  when Martha's next PET/CT is, but it looks like you & I are on the same time frame.  My nodule was 6 X 8 mm 6/2.  Next scan is 7/21.  Thanks for the update.  Will report the outcome on 7/23.

Nic

Nic

I hope you'll get good news on your scan--that this nodule is stable or even decreased in size.  May it be nothing sinister.  My PET is coming up on Monday, the 23rd.  I see my med onc on the 25th. to discuss the findings.

I will certainly be crossing all fingers and toes that you'll get good results!

• gabby_ca
    gabby_ca Member Posts: 38
    mp327 said:

knolltop

As they say, "Go With God."  I am trying to do the same.  Whatever might be hanging out in my liver is already there, so I can do nothing to change it in the next few days before my scan.  I'm glad this lesion in your lung is very small and I hope that the next CT will show it to be stable. 

I must say I get a little absorbed in all of this at times, but most of the time, I am focused on other things.  Distraction and trying to keep very busy helps.  My house is suddenly much cleaner and my yard is getting some TLC.  I am trying to keep it together for my husband and friends who care about me.  It's not easy, but I'm doing okay.

Hang in there!

The hardest thing to do is

The hardest thing to do is not worry about the things that we cannot change.  Head down, tail up. :) It is as it is.  We've all found the strength before to go through treatment and we are all fighters.  The fear of not knowing is so strong though.  I feel it all the time and I am a few weeks away from 8 years NED and I still have days.  Best of luck to you.  We are here for you.

• knolltop

knolltop, qv62, Marttha

nicotianna

Wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers.    Your post said next PET/CT will be tomorrow.

Sending God's best to you.

tory

• nicotianna
    knolltop said:

nicotianna

Wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers.    Your post said next PET/CT will be tomorrow.

Sending God's best to you.

tory

PET/CT

Thanks Tory!  Will report the results on Wed.

Nic

• nicotianna
    mp327 said:

Nic

I hope you'll get good news on your scan--that this nodule is stable or even decreased in size.  May it be nothing sinister.  My PET is coming up on Monday, the 23rd.  I see my med onc on the 25th. to discuss the findings.

I will certainly be crossing all fingers and toes that you'll get good results!

PET/CT

Thanks Martha!  Will report the results on Wed.

Nic

• mp327

PET/CT

Thanks Martha!  Will report the results on Wed.

Nic

nicotianna

I will certainly be thinking of you and wishing you all good results!