hey Guzzle and thennies61

Options
2»

Comments

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options

doctor vist

Well got back from the doctor.He said everything is healing very good so glad of that.The only down side is he didn't pull my trach.He wants me to to keep it capped all the time and not to use the sucken machine.He wants me now to start to cough up any mucus.And come back next month and then he will pull it.He also said to start eating as much as I can.

i'm sorry to hear that.  my

i'm sorry to hear that.  my shoulders litterally fell when i read that.  i know that had to be discouraging.  i hope you have a strong cough and don't need the suction machine.  will keep my fingers crossed that next month will be the "magical" time for you.

dj

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options

doctor vist

Well got back from the doctor.He said everything is healing very good so glad of that.The only down side is he didn't pull my trach.He wants me to to keep it capped all the time and not to use the sucken machine.He wants me now to start to cough up any mucus.And come back next month and then he will pull it.He also said to start eating as much as I can.

Good to hear

Yes. Time to get the swallow working again full time. Not so sure about having to gag the mucous balls out though. Fortunately, that was one side effect that did not hit me.

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    Options
    donfoo said:

Good to hear

Yes. Time to get the swallow working again full time. Not so sure about having to gag the mucous balls out though. Fortunately, that was one side effect that did not hit me.

Good Luck

Don't have any experience of this mate but good luck. Just ended week 4 rads and 2nd chemo. Celebrated with a curry although a mildish one ! Having to take some soluable co proxemol due to sore throat and get some hiccups. But managed 15 miles on bike this morning. Met some poor chap in hospital today who has been kept in since week 2 on NG tube as could not ingest and losing weight so I feel very lucky. So to echo Dons thoughts keep on swallowing big feller! G.