no longer in limbo

Options
2»

Comments

• qv62
    qv62 Member Posts: 434 Member
    Options

Items I Used

Here is a list ot items I kept on hand during treatment.

Ensure

Immodium

Jello

Aquaphor

Moist Alcohol Free Towelettes

Hand Held Shower Spray

Bananas

White bread for toast and toasted cheese sandwiches

I liked dill pickles

Gatorade

Sanitary pads to line you underwearWaterproof pad for your bed that can easily be washed

Loose fitting underwear

Dove body wash for private areas

Mike

to all

Thanks you all for the geat advice, I am so greatful to have all of your responses and wisdom from your experiences, going to CVS today to stock up on supplies, had a long overdue mani-pedi Thursday after work, Friday got a few inches taken off my shoulder lengnth hair, figured it would be less tramatic when it starts to fall out, went yesterday to check out the wig store that accepts my insurance, picked something out but the experience was extremely  unpleasant and so was the 20 something year old bitchy snotty clerk, the owner was no  great shakes either, I left feeling very frustrated with the fact that I even left my script there with them but I'll find out Tuesday if the insurance covers it, they are closed today and tomorrow but if they weren't I think I would go back and get my script and move on, oh well lesson learned but I don't understand why it is not a pre-requisite to have some compassion in this sort of job ???? Still fighting with the insurance for the drugs, 900 and 3,000 dollars out of pocket for 2 of the meds if I don't fill through the mail order which is in general a nightmare to deal with, it's almost like there should be a coordinator to help you with these little things that can be so frustrating when you are already dealing with so much else. I spent two of my lunch times on the phone with this nonsense this wekk and still don't know if it is straightened out. I have a super busy week coming up and took a personal day as well so hopefully I will get my head above water, enjoy the graduation trip and then start treatment with a clear head, I can only hope lol and pray , thnaks to all.

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    qv62 said:

to all

Thanks you all for the geat advice, I am so greatful to have all of your responses and wisdom from your experiences, going to CVS today to stock up on supplies, had a long overdue mani-pedi Thursday after work, Friday got a few inches taken off my shoulder lengnth hair, figured it would be less tramatic when it starts to fall out, went yesterday to check out the wig store that accepts my insurance, picked something out but the experience was extremely  unpleasant and so was the 20 something year old bitchy snotty clerk, the owner was no  great shakes either, I left feeling very frustrated with the fact that I even left my script there with them but I'll find out Tuesday if the insurance covers it, they are closed today and tomorrow but if they weren't I think I would go back and get my script and move on, oh well lesson learned but I don't understand why it is not a pre-requisite to have some compassion in this sort of job ???? Still fighting with the insurance for the drugs, 900 and 3,000 dollars out of pocket for 2 of the meds if I don't fill through the mail order which is in general a nightmare to deal with, it's almost like there should be a coordinator to help you with these little things that can be so frustrating when you are already dealing with so much else. I spent two of my lunch times on the phone with this nonsense this wekk and still don't know if it is straightened out. I have a super busy week coming up and took a personal day as well so hopefully I will get my head above water, enjoy the graduation trip and then start treatment with a clear head, I can only hope lol and pray , thnaks to all.

qv62

The wig-shopping experience sounds like a nightmare.  You would think that people who deal with cancer patients could show some compassion.  I did not get a wig and just wore ballcaps, so I avoided any such rudeness.  I'm sorry you had to go through that.  I hope you can get the issues with the prescriptions straightened out.  Are these drugs that will be given during your chemo infusion?  I got Emend to take just prior to my infusions and I know it was very expensive.  It did help to keep me from being so nauseous though.  I agree that some kind of health navigator would be great--someone who knows the ins and outs of dealing with all of this.  You will get it all worked out.  As always, I wish you the very best!

• pializ
    pializ Member Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    mp327 said:

qv62

The wig-shopping experience sounds like a nightmare.  You would think that people who deal with cancer patients could show some compassion.  I did not get a wig and just wore ballcaps, so I avoided any such rudeness.  I'm sorry you had to go through that.  I hope you can get the issues with the prescriptions straightened out.  Are these drugs that will be given during your chemo infusion?  I got Emend to take just prior to my infusions and I know it was very expensive.  It did help to keep me from being so nauseous though.  I agree that some kind of health navigator would be great--someone who knows the ins and outs of dealing with all of this.  You will get it all worked out.  As always, I wish you the very best!

QV62

Hi! 

Aaargh! So much frustration & when you least need it!

I was fortunate as I didn't lose much hair. My hair is fine anyway, but  I don't think anyone else would have notice it being thinner than usual. I hope you are as fortunate!

Definitely take one day at a time. It won't be long until you are this side of the fence!

Liz

• qv62
    qv62 Member Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    pializ said:

QV62

Hi! 

Aaargh! So much frustration & when you least need it!

I was fortunate as I didn't lose much hair. My hair is fine anyway, but  I don't think anyone else would have notice it being thinner than usual. I hope you are as fortunate!

Definitely take one day at a time. It won't be long until you are this side of the fence!

Liz

pializ & mp327

after much frustration things are coming together, turns out the 250.00 wig is covered at 90 percent so despite the attitude of the people in the shop I will pick it up next week just incase, in the event that I don't need to use it I will donate it after treatment, as for the drugs I was prescribed Zofran and Compazine for the naseau, for the Zofran I was onlyallowed 9 pills for 30 days at the pharmacy so I did the mail away now I will wind up pulling my hair out with them to get it before tratment is over so I may need the wig after all lol, my chemo pills Xeloda finally arrived this week that was also an ordeal so I know getting the Zofran will not be easy but I'll deal witht hat next week, as for now I am getting ready to head upstate for the graduation and will leave all the negarivity at home, hope you all have a great weekend !

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    qv62 said:

pializ & mp327

after much frustration things are coming together, turns out the 250.00 wig is covered at 90 percent so despite the attitude of the people in the shop I will pick it up next week just incase, in the event that I don't need to use it I will donate it after treatment, as for the drugs I was prescribed Zofran and Compazine for the naseau, for the Zofran I was onlyallowed 9 pills for 30 days at the pharmacy so I did the mail away now I will wind up pulling my hair out with them to get it before tratment is over so I may need the wig after all lol, my chemo pills Xeloda finally arrived this week that was also an ordeal so I know getting the Zofran will not be easy but I'll deal witht hat next week, as for now I am getting ready to head upstate for the graduation and will leave all the negarivity at home, hope you all have a great weekend !

qv62

I'm glad things are getting worked out for you.  I never realized how much time and effort was involved in getting ready for cancer treatment until I had to do it myself--it's like having a full-time job.  But it sounds like you are well on your way to beginning that treatment, which I hope will be successful for you.  Enjoy the graduation!