CEA rises .5 to 10.9 - 18.6 - UPDATE - BAD

Options

Comments

• DD3
    DD3 Member Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Trubrit said:

Monday no more

Pretty obvious I wasn't going to wait until Monday. Don't even know why I thought it in the first place. I called the hospital, and my blood work order was there, so here i sit with my sticky bandage over the crook of my arm. 

I will call Monday or maybe Tuesday for my results. 

I guess it just feels good to be 'doing' something. 

Trubit

Hang in there.  My son's best friend just beat testicular cancer at the ripe age of 17. Yah, I'm really getting tired of cancer.  Yell Anyways, he had a high CEA level after treatment (I believe it was around 18) and they repeated the test two weeks later and was normal and stayed normal. He is all clear.  Please let us know...

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    DD3 said:

Trubit

Hang in there.  My son's best friend just beat testicular cancer at the ripe age of 17. Yah, I'm really getting tired of cancer.  Yell Anyways, he had a high CEA level after treatment (I believe it was around 18) and they repeated the test two weeks later and was normal and stayed normal. He is all clear.  Please let us know...

Thank you!

All of these positive reports cheer me up no end. 

I am happy to see you're wife is doing well. Thank you for the update. 

Blessings!

• lauragb
    lauragb Member Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I sure hope your CEA rise

I sure hope your CEA rise turns out to be nothing.  I haven't posted on her for a while but saw this and thought I'd respond to you.  I just had a CEA spike show up on routine bloodwork.  It was 14.6.  Since CEA has not been a marker for me, my oncologist decided to do a recheck and lo and behold it was back down to 0.5 

So I am hoping for you that your recheck is back to normal and you won't need to have that PET scan.  Waiting is hard though, isn't it? 

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Laura

• Trubrit
    Options
    lauragb said:

I sure hope your CEA rise

I sure hope your CEA rise turns out to be nothing.  I haven't posted on her for a while but saw this and thought I'd respond to you.  I just had a CEA spike show up on routine bloodwork.  It was 14.6.  Since CEA has not been a marker for me, my oncologist decided to do a recheck and lo and behold it was back down to 0.5 

So I am hoping for you that your recheck is back to normal and you won't need to have that PET scan.  Waiting is hard though, isn't it? 

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Laura

Oh, that gives me even more hope

Thank you so much for posting. 

You can bet I will be posting just as soon as I read my report. I will probably wait until Tuesday to go down to the hospital to get it. 

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Trubrit said:

Oh, that gives me even more hope

Thank you so much for posting. 

You can bet I will be posting just as soon as I read my report. I will probably wait until Tuesday to go down to the hospital to get it. 

Holding our collective

Holding our collective breath....prayers.

Hugs,

CM

• DD3
    Options

Holding our collective

Holding our collective breath....prayers.

Hugs,

CM

Just checking

in Trubit.  Let us know.  As my boy always told my wife "you got this."  Cool

• Trubrit
    Options
    UPDATE - April 8th 2014

CEA rose once again to 18.6

PET scan on Tuesday April 15th

Oncologist appointment Wednesday April 16th

DAMN!

• LindaK.
    LindaK. Member Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Trubrit said:

UPDATE - April 8th 2014

DAMN!

Triple Darn

Try not to worry too much.  Good thing is you are getting your scan and hopefully figure out what is going on soon.  This is one good thing about trying to stay ahead of this beast.  Scanxiety stinks!

Linda

• aggie0053
    aggie0053 Member Posts: 110
    Options
    Trubrit said:

UPDATE - April 8th 2014

DAMN!

hope everything goes allright

hope everything goes allright for you

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    Trubrit said:

UPDATE - April 8th 2014

DAMN!

Well, I still say to maintain hope...

if CEA was a definite marker for you, that would be one thing.  As it is, I am still hopeful that this won't prove to be a sign of bad things.  I wish they could get you in for the scan sooner.  The waiting is so awful.

• PatchAdams
    PatchAdams Member Posts: 271
    Options
    So sorry.....

I did read that CEA is more indicative of liver mets than lung, etc. and a small met can removed by HR with no follow up chemo.  I'd be calling and asking about cancellations on that PET.  Six more days is  a long wait! 

I'm sure you've seen my links on liver resection, but I'm going to share them again, just in case.  Go for the cure! 

http://archsurg.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/141/5/460

http://www2.mdanderson.org/depts/oncolog/articles/11/4-5-aprmay/4-5-11-2.html

• maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options

So sorry.....

I did read that CEA is more indicative of liver mets than lung, etc. and a small met can removed by HR with no follow up chemo.  I'd be calling and asking about cancellations on that PET.  Six more days is  a long wait! 

I'm sure you've seen my links on liver resection, but I'm going to share them again, just in case.  Go for the cure! 

http://archsurg.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/141/5/460

http://www2.mdanderson.org/depts/oncolog/articles/11/4-5-aprmay/4-5-11-2.html

dang

gosh TBrit....this is crappy news....so sorry to hear of that rise....hopefully you will move on to the next step smoothly....dang

mags

• DD3
    Options
    Trubrit said:

UPDATE - April 8th 2014

DAMN!

This

is not what we wanted to hear.  Frown  Hang in there Trubit.  Praying for the best....

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    G'day Sue

Hugs mate,The sooner they do the pet,the sooner you will know what you are up against and yo can do whatever is required to overcome it. Good luck ..Ron.

• lauragb
    lauragb Member Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Trubrit said:

UPDATE - April 8th 2014

DAMN!

I'm sorry to read your update

I'm sorry to read your update but still holding out hope for you.

Sending thoughts and prayers to you as I know this week of waiting will be hard. 

Laura

• Maxxhunt47
    Maxxhunt47 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Trubrit said:

UPDATE - April 8th 2014

DAMN!

If you have cancer the Pet

If you have cancer the Pet Scan will find it.  That's how they found mine.  Just hang in there.  So far I'm still here after having cancer twice.  Sending prayers and hope your way.

• Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    ron50 said:

G'day Sue

Hugs mate,The sooner they do the pet,the sooner you will know what you are up against and yo can do whatever is required to overcome it. Good luck ..Ron.

That's how my CEA went up  

That's how my CEA went up   Up to 400+ and insurance would not approve pet 3 times. They did CTs and hope to be able to do a pet or scan here in a couple weeks.   I'm on Folfri and Erbitux,  only second infusion looking at 6 more (every 2 weeks) and see how it goes. 

Hang in there, you have a great attitude, it helpS. 

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I bet it's a fluke.  I'm glad

I bet it's a fluke.  I'm glad your insurance allowed the PET scan.  Seems like waiting is cruel and I hope you are able to get someone else's cancelled spot instead.  I've done that.  Also most hospital keep a secret emergency spot open so if you get anxiety call and see if they'll let you take it. 

• Trubrit
    Options
    Helen321 said:

I bet it's a fluke.  I'm glad

I bet it's a fluke.  I'm glad your insurance allowed the PET scan.  Seems like waiting is cruel and I hope you are able to get someone else's cancelled spot instead.  I've done that.  Also most hospital keep a secret emergency spot open so if you get anxiety call and see if they'll let you take it. 

I like that word, fluke.

I will hold onto my Tuesday appontment. It's a 300 mile round trip to the big city, and I like to go up with my husband who is working. I don't suffer from scanxiety, and keep myslef happy each day, so I don't mind the wait. 

I got in on a cancellation with my Oncologist the day after my PET, so we'll just head up to the big city on Monday, have the scan on Tuesday and the results on Wednesday. 

I feel FANTASTIC. I look FANTASTIC. So here's hoping I am FANTASTIC. 

You can bet this forum will be one of the first to know the results.

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Trubrit said:

I like that word, fluke.

I will hold onto my Tuesday appontment. It's a 300 mile round trip to the big city, and I like to go up with my husband who is working. I don't suffer from scanxiety, and keep myslef happy each day, so I don't mind the wait. 

I got in on a cancellation with my Oncologist the day after my PET, so we'll just head up to the big city on Monday, have the scan on Tuesday and the results on Wednesday. 

I feel FANTASTIC. I look FANTASTIC. So here's hoping I am FANTASTIC. 

You can bet this forum will be one of the first to know the results.

Fantastic  spirit and state

Fantastic  spirit and state of mind!  Good luck.