Drove 4 hours to Mayo Clinic today

Options
cinnamonsmile
cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1

My son and I drove to Rochester, MN today for my Mayo Clinic Pulmonology appointment to see if there is anything else to do to save my lungs from that agressive form of hypersensitivity pnuemonitis that I have been battling for over a year now. So far we can only slow the progression. My CT scan last month showed more progression again, but the lymph nodes went down in size. So not the worst news, but not the best.

The drive was great. I got to take scenery pics while my son drove! First road trip ever while my son drives and I loved it!!

We are loving the area, thought of VickiSam and her Trader Joe's!! They have one here in Rochester. Never in my life did I think I would see one!!

Son and I were talking that it does seem surreal that I have an illness so bad that it requires a trip to Mayo, though.

I am having some anxiety here and there,not too bad though. No matter what they find out it's stressful. It seems it will be stressful if they find more out about and can stop the progression better, and it will be stressful to find out there is nothing they can do.

Local pulmonologist has been reducing my amount of prednisone per day. I have been on it since December 2013. I am down to 35 mg of Prednisone a day and I can tell my lungs are a tad worse....

We will see what they say...

Meanwhile...I blew my eating plan at Old Country Buffet with my son. If we aren't in a food coma in a little while, we are going to explore the area and see if I can get my son into this neat looking Jazz Place later...I am thinking food coma will win out with me...I had the best bread pudding with this most yummy melted frosting....and I had this chocolate brownie bite with gooey warm chocolater under it....bring on the sugar coma...yum  yum yum

Thanks for letting me share!

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    I am so happy that you and

I am so happy that you and your son are able to grab some happiness out of this very difficult time.  I have been thinking and praying for you and hoping to see your post.  Someone posted this photo and I thought of many of us here.  If the link doesn't work, let me know.  It is a photo of a beautiful huge tree in Big Sur, barely hanging on to its precarious position, but somehow mysteriously thriving.  It had the caption, "Never give up!" Hope it inspires you as it has me:

http://earth-phenomenon.tumblr.com/post/44135129704/tree-root-cave-big-sur-california

• kamcat1962
    kamcat1962 Member Posts: 40
    Options
    mayo trip

I went to Mayo back in 2012 and it is a beautiful area. Lots of history and the clinic has the most amazing art. In the main atrium there is a piano and at lunchtime there is always someone there singing. It truly is amazing. I hope they are able to help you.I am also glad you were able to spend time with your son. It sounds like you are enjoying his company and that is priceless. Take care and I will say a prayer for you. With many blessings, Cathy K.

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    Nice you son drove you..I am

Nice you son drove you..I am sure the pictures are great...

Denise