My family has abandoned me

Options
124»

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    I am checking in to see how

I am checking in to see how things are going!

Denise

• Happyfrog09
    Happyfrog09 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey Mardibra ((HUGS))

I just found this site and i too feel bad how you were treated, and completely understand. I was diagnoised in Oct of 2009 i was 47 i had a double masectomy the week after thanksgiving. I am married with 3 grown children 2 girls and a boy. I didn't start chemo till after the first of the year, since it was that close to Christmas i wanted to wait. I went to every chemo treatment and radiation treatment by myself. I understood my husband had to work to pay bills and keep insurance up. My mom was also a cancer survior and i thought she would be helpful as i was to her.,but she wasn't. I took off work to take her to every treatment i could. And i would do it again for her. When i told my family it was like i told them i had a cold or flu. I did get some help from my youngest daughter but not much. I felt very much alone. We had just gotten a St Bernard puppy right before i found out and when i would come home from treatments he would cuddle on the couch with me and he would listen to me. I am sure to some its strange but i had no one to talk to. I had a sister and 4 brothers and never heard from them either, my family has never been close. You would think something like this would bring a family closer but it didn't mine. My mom, son and grandson lived within walking distance. and may came 2 or 3 times to check on me. My oldest daughter lived 20 minutes away but she acted like it was burden to come check on me. She would stop by on some sunday's after church and may have stayed 10 min. My car acted like it didn't want to start one day after chemo so i called her since she was right down the road and she acted like it would kill her to come help me. I really wish i had a family like a lot of people have that will rally behind them when they are sick. And yes it does leave one bitter. After going thru all this i was positive for the BRCA gene so my gynecologist wanted me to have a hysterectomy and as bad as i hated to i had that done too. Then I had a sister in law tell me if they take anything else out of you, you won't be a woman. Just made me feel worse than i already did.

• jean_howard
    jean_howard Member Posts: 3
    Options
    We're a family!

I can feel the pain by your words, but please never ever have a thought of suicide. We all here are your family members, share your feelings or thoughts here dear! We might not decrease your pain but, we will try everything to make you happy. With such stress and sadness the treatments are null, so please have some positivity.

I also want to suggest you to try palliative care.

All the best & lots of love!