Judy's Don - recurrence

Options
2»

Comments

• Ucsf_smile
    Ucsf_smile Member Posts: 79
    Options
    I can't believe it. 2
    I can't believe it. 2 weeks? This is so sad and heartbreaking to hear and I know how tragic the news can be. My mom was thought to have weeks to a month just before entering hospice and she passed away 8 days later. You have been such a trooper and fighter for Don and have encouraged so many others on here to keep their head up while battling this EC beast...now know we are all here for you.

Mrs. Botch was a great reality check for me right around the time my mom's fluid tested positive for cancer. As so many others, I now realize how scary the "fluid" can potentially be.

Stay strong and feel free to reach out to mr any time, since this whole experience is still so "fresh" to me. We are fb friends, so you can always message me there. Hugs to you.
  • Ucsf_smile
    Ucsf_smile Member Posts: 79
    Options

I can't believe it. 2
    I can't believe it. 2 weeks? This is so sad and heartbreaking to hear and I know how tragic the news can be. My mom was thought to have weeks to a month just before entering hospice and she passed away 8 days later. You have been such a trooper and fighter for Don and have encouraged so many others on here to keep their head up while battling this EC beast...now know we are all here for you.

Mrs. Botch was a great reality check for me right around the time my mom's fluid tested positive for cancer. As so many others, I now realize how scary the "fluid" can potentially be.

Stay strong and feel free to reach out to mr any time, since this whole experience is still so "fresh" to me. We are fb friends, so you can always message me there. Hugs to you.

Some quick advice, not that
    Some quick advice, not that you need to take it....
    I'm sure hospice will give you the usual pamphlet regarding the death process. I read it over and over and over again just so I could really know when it was time. I researched testimonials online of caregivers during the end of life, because honestly, I couldn't imagine it being reality. It came to a point where I thought I was ready for the time. Just do whatever you need to "prep" yourself emotionally because that really helped me. In addition, Jenny32's last post about her dad really helped me prepare.
  • hopefulsurvivor49
    Options
    So very sad. Praying for
    So very sad. Praying for strength for Don and Judy.
  • tmcjay
    tmcjay Member Posts: 35
    Options
    Sad News
    Judy and Don,
    I, as well, have been following your posts for some time now and am very saddened to read your news of reoccurance. It is what we all fear, and to strike after such a short time and valiant fight is terrible. Please know that I am thinking of you both and at this point hope that there is such a thing as a peaceful passing. I am so sorry.
  • MissusB
    MissusB Member Posts: 111
    Options
    tmcjay said:

Sad News
    Judy and Don,
    I, as well, have been following your posts for some time now and am very saddened to read your news of reoccurance. It is what we all fear, and to strike after such a short time and valiant fight is terrible. Please know that I am thinking of you both and at this point hope that there is such a thing as a peaceful passing. I am so sorry.

I am heartsick.
    Praying for you both, Don and Judy. ((hugs))
  • mardigras
    mardigras Member Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thank you Freida for posting on behalf of Judy
    Dear Judy and Don, words cannot convey how difficult this news is to take in.
    Judy, you have been such an inspiration and joy to know and I do hope that you
    will post here again.
    Bless Don and give him peace and comfort and give you strength to keep his spirits
    up as you always do.
    My prayers are with you.
    Love and hugs
    Marci x