Sundance Audition on YouTube for Dr. Phil Show - "Real Life Do-Overs" (Project Now Dedicated to De

Sundanceh
Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
This weekend became about honoring departed friends who made a lasting impact on my life. Jennie’s passing has stirred some deep emotions – the last things she told me via text were “in hospital with infection”….and "looking forward to all of the stuff you are doing for the new Sundance venture.”

Sadly, she did not get a chance to read any of that – and I was working on a special project that I finished up over the weekend that I was hoping she could see when she got better – this was a couple of days before I knew of her passing and I had already completed it and released it.

In keeping with the spirit that was the light of Jennie, I wanted to pick up her fallen torch and carry it forward and dedicate this recent project of mine to her memory, because I know she would never give up.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

In a new cooperative venture, The Sundance Channel has now partnered with YouTube and is proud to present you with the first installment of this new channel over on their network.

My new channel on the YouTube dial is – “TheSundanceChannelCH”

Our first show, now playing, is the Sundance Audition for the Dr. Phil Show – “Real Life Do-Over.”

My wife saw an episode last week, where Dr. Phil was offering ‘real-life do-overs’ for an upcoming segment in one of his shows that will be aired on tv. Contestants were asked to submit a video to Dr. Phil and his staff and explain why they would like a Do-Over.

My submission was me asking Dr, Phil for a do-over in helping me with getting my book published, so I could spend whatever time I have with my second life, using that platform to help other folks who find themselves in the same shoes as I did.

In the video, there was one secret that I was holding onto, until I got the book deal inked, but in explaining my motives behind my desires for the project, I told them on how I got the book title – and how I honored another friends’ memory in that process – this is something that I’ve been wanting to tell you for a long time – seems like the right time now.

I’m all about my friends…and holding onto their memories…

Here is the link to my audition tape for the Dr. Phil show for those that would like to follow along…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwCSgS3hc4Q

If you have a Google account and would like to leave a comment, please do so if you would like to participate in this, I would appreciate and could use the support.

If not, well, just watch the video and watch me futz up another golden opportunity:)

It won’t be the first time you’ve seen me fail and fall on my face – likely, not the last time either:)

But, at least I’m trying – any way that I know how…

If you are interested, please help me get this video noticed by watching and or commenting – so that it has a chance – a chance is all that we can really ask for - right?

I’m just going to hope for the best with this project and hope I get a call to appear on Dr. Phil's show and keep the battle against cancer moving forward – Jennie’s passing has once again, made it very personal for me to get our message out.

Kindest regards during this most difficult time for all of us and still your friend.

-Craig

The Sundance Channel
"Story Matters There"

Comments

• tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    :)
    I am home today and was able to watch it---good luck Sundance! It's a very sincere video...hope you get picked.
    Tommycat
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dear Craig
    Watched and commented on the video. Sure hope that you hear back from Dr. Phil. If anyone deserves the chance, you do.

You will always be the lion. Don't ever lose the roar.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • marbleotis
    marbleotis Member Posts: 720 Member
    I really hope you are selected.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Video
    Great video and very informative. I'm hoping that Dr. Phil sees this personally and helps you with the publishing. It was good to see a video of you, kind of puts a face with a name. Keep us informed as to if you hear anything. Hoping the best.

Kim
  • Sundanceh

Video
    Great video and very informative. I'm hoping that Dr. Phil sees this personally and helps you with the publishing. It was good to see a video of you, kind of puts a face with a name. Keep us informed as to if you hear anything. Hoping the best.

Kim

Thank You All So Much!
    I feel less alone with the community gathered around me:)

-Craig
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Hey Craig,
    Good job on the

Hey Craig,

Good job on the video! Being on Dr. Phil's show would be a great avenue to your publishing success - if anyone deserves this chance, it's you! :-)

Hugs,

Cyn
  • Brenda Bricco
    Brenda Bricco Member Posts: 579 Member
    A person might try to
    A person might try to imagine what it is like to get that horrible diagnoses but until you or the most important person in your life has, you just have no idea what it's like. When your googling life expectancies and get a cold chill through your body when you see it in black and white (even though you sat in that tiny room that very day as a doctor told your husband to get his affairs in order because his time is limited). That is a terrifying place to be (not where anyone should ever have to be) but sadly there are gobs of people that find themselves in that very spot, every day. I have sat in front of my computer in the am's… looking for some hope, begging GOD to relieve my agony and by the grace of GOD I stumbled across the CSN board. I registered and posted in desperation telling anyone that would listen about my Husband’s diagnoses. I can’t even tell you the first person that responded but I know that I needed to hear someone tell me that all was not lost, that they or a loved one is in the same boat and years beyond where a doctor told them they would ever be. Who would’ve thought that someone that is fighting for their own life would stop what they are doing to write a comforting and up lifting note to someone they don’t even know?
    This Board is a gift to so many… I know the human nature gets the best of us sometimes causing some hot posts but I think that everyone can agree that life without this Board would be a lot harder than it already is.
    I hope Dr. Phil watches your video Craig and gives you a chance. I hope my response helps, I didn’t realize that my daughter was logged in so it appears to be by Shelbea
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member

A person might try to
    A person might try to imagine what it is like to get that horrible diagnoses but until you or the most important person in your life has, you just have no idea what it's like. When your googling life expectancies and get a cold chill through your body when you see it in black and white (even though you sat in that tiny room that very day as a doctor told your husband to get his affairs in order because his time is limited). That is a terrifying place to be (not where anyone should ever have to be) but sadly there are gobs of people that find themselves in that very spot, every day. I have sat in front of my computer in the am's… looking for some hope, begging GOD to relieve my agony and by the grace of GOD I stumbled across the CSN board. I registered and posted in desperation telling anyone that would listen about my Husband’s diagnoses. I can’t even tell you the first person that responded but I know that I needed to hear someone tell me that all was not lost, that they or a loved one is in the same boat and years beyond where a doctor told them they would ever be. Who would’ve thought that someone that is fighting for their own life would stop what they are doing to write a comforting and up lifting note to someone they don’t even know?
    This Board is a gift to so many… I know the human nature gets the best of us sometimes causing some hot posts but I think that everyone can agree that life without this Board would be a lot harder than it already is.
    I hope Dr. Phil watches your video Craig and gives you a chance. I hope my response helps, I didn’t realize that my daughter was logged in so it appears to be by Shelbea

Craig
    I watched your video and it brought tears to my eyes, especially as you spoke of "Chickie", our beautiful Donna. If Dr. Phil has a heart, he will feel your sincerity. I do so hope he will give you a chance.

Brenda, your post was so "right on". It is a heart stopping moment to hear that someone you love has cancer and our board is the life preserver in a very stormy sea.

Luv,

Wolfen
  • So Worried
    So Worried Member Posts: 111 Member
    Hello Craig,

I watched your youtube video and I want to wish you LOTS of luck. I hope Dr. Phil picks you. Your video was very genuine and heartfelt. I am a new person here, but I want to wish you tons of luck!!!
  • Sundanceh
    Big Thanks to the New Folks for Watching...
    Well, it's nice to meet the new folks, Marbleotis and So Worried:)

And of course, let's don't forget Brenda:)

Thank you for taking your time to check it out - I know many of you don't know me...the board turns over quite a bit and so it takes time to get to know all of the new arrivals. Most will say, sorry that you found us...but I won't.

I'm glad that you found us:)

It took me five-years of my cancer fight before I ever knew this place existed...I walked alone that whole time with nothing but my thoughts to keep me company...one of the reasons I can't stop talking, LOL!

Anyway, thank you guys for your support for the video and for those that were able to comment towards it. There are alot of stories and I don't know what it will take for their staff to make their decision - I sure don't envy them though.

I was getting a few views from the YT community, then I saw the numbers going up more, so I attributed that to the folks here who were viewing and incrementing the numbers to help me - so a big thank you to everyone that has participated.

Looks like we're at 100...but it's only been three days, so maybe I can catch up to the other folks. I'll take my best shot though - it looks like this is another one that is out of my hands, but I gave it another earnest attempt.

When am I ever going to learn?

The world just "ain't" ready for me yet:)

LOL!

Thank you!

-Craig
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    your our star already
    It's a sweet, dedication.
    Goodluck with Doctor Phil.
    My friends say I look like him.
    Hugs,
    Pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    I also hope you get lots of repeats.
    Hugs,
    Pete
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Big Thanks to the New Folks for Watching...
    Well, it's nice to meet the new folks, Marbleotis and So Worried:)

And of course, let's don't forget Brenda:)

Thank you for taking your time to check it out - I know many of you don't know me...the board turns over quite a bit and so it takes time to get to know all of the new arrivals. Most will say, sorry that you found us...but I won't.

I'm glad that you found us:)

It took me five-years of my cancer fight before I ever knew this place existed...I walked alone that whole time with nothing but my thoughts to keep me company...one of the reasons I can't stop talking, LOL!

Anyway, thank you guys for your support for the video and for those that were able to comment towards it. There are alot of stories and I don't know what it will take for their staff to make their decision - I sure don't envy them though.

I was getting a few views from the YT community, then I saw the numbers going up more, so I attributed that to the folks here who were viewing and incrementing the numbers to help me - so a big thank you to everyone that has participated.

Looks like we're at 100...but it's only been three days, so maybe I can catch up to the other folks. I'll take my best shot though - it looks like this is another one that is out of my hands, but I gave it another earnest attempt.

When am I ever going to learn?

The world just "ain't" ready for me yet:)

LOL!

Thank you!

-Craig

what a
    great video.i so admire you and i hope Dr.Phil does see this or at least someone on his staff.it would be great if you could move on to the next step of the publishing process.you have touched so many lives here and it would be awesome for your book to reach so many more...Godbless...johnnybegood
  • Sundanceh

what a
    great video.i so admire you and i hope Dr.Phil does see this or at least someone on his staff.it would be great if you could move on to the next step of the publishing process.you have touched so many lives here and it would be awesome for your book to reach so many more...Godbless...johnnybegood

JBG:)
    I'm just so glad you felt well enough to sit through all of that:)

LOL!

But, really I am glad that you and your mom are riding along with me on this...I care about you both.

I know I said that I "Got too close", J...but I just can't help myself...I have to get close if I'm going to be of any value here and a friend to all that will have me...

I'm either in - or I'm out...and with the community here, I've always been "All In."

I don't know any other way - and don't want to know. The losses hurt - but the gains still outweigh the losses....if it didn't hurt, that would mean that the person did not mean much to us - thus the pain.

But still, I've enjoyed talking with you and Mama and getting to know you - she's been a dear friend to me - just so grateful you are both in this community.

You know I'm pulling for you - I know it's rough and you've had a hard battle. Whenever I see you respond to a post of mine - I always think of how hard it must have been to gather the strength to post to me. I know how hard it was for me to post to others last year when I was so deathly sick.

That's very special to me.

Thank you for watching - and I'm still watching out for you - I think of you and your mom often:)

-Craig
  • Sundanceh

your our star already
    It's a sweet, dedication.
    Goodluck with Doctor Phil.
    My friends say I look like him.
    Hugs,
    Pete

But Where's Your Moustache?
    LOL, Pete:)

Thanks again.

Hopefully I would do better on the tube than I did on the video:)

But, don't bet on it:)

-Craig
  • danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    Craig
    Finally saw the tape. Best of luck with Dr. Phil!!
  • Sundanceh
    danker said:

Craig
    Finally saw the tape. Best of luck with Dr. Phil!!

Thanks, Dan!
    I appreciate the support - it will take luck:)

-c
  • dmj101
    dmj101 Member Posts: 527 Member
    Way to Go!!!!
    I hope Phill

Way to Go!!!!
    I hope Phill helps you out..
    Best of luck
    Donna
  • steved
    steved Member Posts: 834 Member
    WAtched it
    Enjoyed hearing you talk about your aim and really like the dedication. Most of all I liked being able to put a face to a name- really makes this board more human (like you I am most intereted in the human impacts of cancer) and perhaps more of us should post videos and pictures of ourselves to help link this community beyond the faceless posts we all use.

Actually it reminded me of how we form false images of people from their posts- Irealised I had formed an image of you in my mind from reading your writing adn you look nothing like it.For some reason in my mind you had grey hair and were much older(perhaps to reflect the wisdom you write). Strange how we do that.

Thanks for bringing more 'human-ness' to this site

steve
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    Dear Craig, I just saw this
    Dear Craig, I just saw this and went on to u tube. Your are amazing and I will be praying for the best outcome.If your book gets published it will be wonderful, but IF the worst should happen and it doesn't, you will still have made a difference in so many lives. Remember that pebble in the pond? The ripples are innumerable.
    So is your impact. You carry Jennie's torch high & bright. No matter what happens, you will keep it going. Cause that is who you are.
    Love you my friend,
    Judy