smalldoggroomer Update (Another update 8/12/12 & 8/13/12)

13»

Comments

• lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Jean 0609 said:

Please continue to keep Kay in your prayers.
    Here is another update from Kay.

Hi Jean Thanks for checking in on me. Not feeling to good these days. But I'm looking forward to getting better. I see the Dr On Mon. Had my first chemo last Mon, been sick since then. I hope I can feel better before my next treatment.

Thank you, Jean. Please let
    Thank you, Jean. Please let Kay know that we are thinking of her and hoping that she is feeling better. xoxoxxo Lynn
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Thanks Jean for updating this post
    Thinking of Kay and sending my prayers for her.

Jan

Kay, lifting you up in prayer
    to feel better soon and get back into remission. Hang in there Kay. We're all behind you 200%.

Love and hugs, Renee
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Update Monday 8/13
    Hi girls, looks like Kay is going to continue with her chemo. Here is her message today:

Went to the Dr today. Had my second chemo it went ok. I am on Herceptin, taxotere,weekly. And every third week they add carboplatin. When the new drug is approved by my ins for me It will replace the carboplatin. The pet scan showed that cancer is also in my back L1 that is why I was having so much pain. Fortunately that pain is gone because the chemo has shrunk the tumor. I am still oxygen dependent. I hope my breathing improves so I can get off oxygen. It is very scary not being able to breath. I want to thank every one for all the prayers and well wishes I really appreciate them more then you know.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Jean 0609 said:

Update Monday 8/13
    Hi girls, looks like Kay is going to continue with her chemo. Here is her message today:

Went to the Dr today. Had my second chemo it went ok. I am on Herceptin, taxotere,weekly. And every third week they add carboplatin. When the new drug is approved by my ins for me It will replace the carboplatin. The pet scan showed that cancer is also in my back L1 that is why I was having so much pain. Fortunately that pain is gone because the chemo has shrunk the tumor. I am still oxygen dependent. I hope my breathing improves so I can get off oxygen. It is very scary not being able to breath. I want to thank every one for all the prayers and well wishes I really appreciate them more then you know.

Thanks again Jean. I am
    Thanks again Jean. I am glad to know that she is continuing chemo and that her pain is gone. Good news there!

Praying,

Lex
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Alexis F said:

Thanks again Jean. I am
    Thanks again Jean. I am glad to know that she is continuing chemo and that her pain is gone. Good news there!

Praying,

Lex

Please let Kay know that I
    Please let Kay know that I am praying for her and thank you for keeping us informed Jean.

Hugs, Megan
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Megan M said:

Please let Kay know that I
    Please let Kay know that I am praying for her and thank you for keeping us informed Jean.

Hugs, Megan

Kay I think of you always
    Kay I think of you always and you are in my prayers!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    lynn1950 said:

Thank you, Jean. Please let
    Thank you, Jean. Please let Kay know that we are thinking of her and hoping that she is feeling better. xoxoxxo Lynn

Thanks Jean! I am praying
    Thanks Jean! I am praying and hoping for only the best for our Kay!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    carkris said:

Kay I think of you always
    Kay I think of you always and you are in my prayers!

Continued prayers ... for Kay ..
    My heart is filled with sadness for all my Sisters in PINK-- suffering, fighting
    this world of breast cancer. How I wished that none of us -- ever enter the
    arena of breast cancer.

I wish, prayer and hope for a CURE.

Jean, Thank you for the updates.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    VickiSam said:

My heart is filled with sadness for all my Sisters in PINK-- suffering, fighting
    arena of breast cancer.

Vicki Sam

You're on my prayer list, Kay
    So glad the pain is better and the breathing is improving. We're with you all the way, Kay. Stay strong and get better soon.

Hugs, Renee

P.S. Thank you so much, Jean.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    VickiSam said:

arena of breast cancer.

Vicki Sam

Thank you Jean for all of
    Thank you Jean for all of the updates! We are all circling Kay in prayer and hope!

Hugs, Noel
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Jean 0609 said:

Update Monday 8/13

Jean thank you
    Jean,
    Thank you. Please let Kay know, that we have been thinking about her and sending positive thoughts
    Hugs
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Pinky68 said:

Thinking of you Kay
    Sounds like everything was pretty quick,starting chemo right away...

Lots of hugs and prayers
    Joyce

Prayers sent!

Prayers sent!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    jnl said:

So sorry that Kay has lung
    So sorry that Kay has lung cancer now. It is good that they've already started the chemo and her doctor is so positive! I pray she will have no side effects from the chemo and that the chemo will do its job.

Give Kay lots of hugs from me and thank you for the update.

Leeza

I'm sending tons of more
    I'm sending tons of more prayers for you Kay!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

Jean thank you
    Jean,
    Thank you. Please let Kay know, that we have been thinking about her and sending positive thoughts
    Hugs

Happy to know Kay's
    Happy to know Kay's breathing is better and that the chemo is doing its job.

Hugs to Kay,

Lex
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    aysemari said:

nooooooo
    See now these sort of posts piss me off! Kay I am so sorry to hear this.
    Please please please let it be good news on tuesday... too many sisters
    My heart is already in a million pieces.
    I know you must be in a scary place in your head. Please come post
    And let us console you the best we can....
    Love you kay
    ayse

Continuing to pray for you
    Continuing to pray for you Kay.
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Alexis F said:

Happy to know Kay's
    Happy to know Kay's breathing is better and that the chemo is doing its job.

Hugs to Kay,

Lex

In my thoughts and prayers
    Keeping Kay in prayer. It's good to hear the tumors are shrinking and her discomfort has decreased.
    Hugs,
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member

In my thoughts and prayers
    Keeping Kay in prayer. It's good to hear the tumors are shrinking and her discomfort has decreased.
    Hugs,

Thanks Jean
    Thanks Jean for all the updates. She will continue to be in my prayers. Sending lots of positive thoughts!

Hugs, Debi~