Can I just vent for a hot sec?

Options
2»

Comments

• MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    Options
    Dear Sweet Kat
    Sending you gentle hugs and praying that the rads with take care of business. Gosh ... I can't imagine having to go through this. But, you are probably the strongest soul I've "met". You have a loving family (which includes all of us pink sisters) and you are welcome to lean on us whenever you want to.

Venting is part of being able to get through the hard stuff. You certainly have earned the right to vent.

Please keep us posted on how things are going. We all think of you and pray for you daily.

No 21 year old should EVER have to deal with this mess. My heart cries with you. I have to tell you that you are my inspiration. Is that crazy??? I think not. Your spirit is unbreakable. I believe that you will beat this. WHY? Because I know you believe you will beat this.

Keep on keepin' on Kat.

I am here for you.

xoxo
    Mary
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Yes of course
    they have to tell you the worst case scenario. Meanwhile your imagination runs away with you and works overtime while doing it. You certainly have been through a lot for a lady your age and I vote that you get no more health issues once this is over as you have exhausted all need to have any more health issues at such a young age. You will beat this thing because cancer does not know what you are made of.

Now for your therapy. I want you to repeat after me. "I am going to kick cancer's a$$". Keep repeating this phrase until it is ingrained in your head. Let it into your heart and infuse your whole being.

Just sending more prayers
    Just sending more prayers and wondering how you are Kat.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Kat...
    Vent away!!!!.... I'd say you have every right to scream from the roof tops! I wish I had some words of wisdom....cancer sucks big time....I'm stage IV and I understand the fear and frustration...except I'm old enough to be your mother...and I am doing quite well with the Avastin+Carboplatin chemo...... just makes me sick that someone as young as you has to deal with this...but as is said, we do what we have to do....

All I can offer you is my prayers and encouragement and support...
    ....know how much all your "sisters" on this board care about you and wish you the very best....please keep us updated...

Big hugs, Nancy

How are rads going Kat? You
    How are rads going Kat? You are always in my prayers!
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Vent Away
    Kat,

No 21 year old should have to deal with cancer period, never mind thinking of losing your leg. You should be thinking about school and what your going to do Saturday night, and boys, and your friends. I get it. I was lucky enough to have that life before the cancer got me. I hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel for you. My last bout went on for two and a half years. I too had wounds that wouldn't heal for a long time.

I'm amazed how composed you always are when discussing your treatment. You may not see it yourself, but you are one strong woman. I wish I could take all your pain and suffering away and put it on myself. A beautiful soul like yours should not have to suffer. I wish you well and pray for you daily.

Terry
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    mbart said:

I HATE cancer !!
    So sorry this is happening to you. You are too young to have to deal with this. But you do and you are doing a GREAT job of handling it. Can you take a day and just do something fun? Get away from all the medical stuff and just do something you want? I hope so. You deserve it.

You vent all you want Kat.
    You vent all you want Kat. I really have no words to tell you how sorry I am to read this latest post from you. You are so young to have to face this. I've always admired your courage and attitude and I know you will face this with those same amazing qualities. I am here for you Kat and I will be praying for you.

Sue :(
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    MsGebby said:

Dear Sweet Kat
    Sending you gentle hugs and praying that the rads with take care of business. Gosh ... I can't imagine having to go through this. But, you are probably the strongest soul I've "met". You have a loving family (which includes all of us pink sisters) and you are welcome to lean on us whenever you want to.

Venting is part of being able to get through the hard stuff. You certainly have earned the right to vent.

Please keep us posted on how things are going. We all think of you and pray for you daily.

No 21 year old should EVER have to deal with this mess. My heart cries with you. I have to tell you that you are my inspiration. Is that crazy??? I think not. Your spirit is unbreakable. I believe that you will beat this. WHY? Because I know you believe you will beat this.

Keep on keepin' on Kat.

I am here for you.

xoxo
    Mary

Just thinking of you Kat and
    Just thinking of you Kat and wondering how you are doing. Have you started rads yet? How is that going?

Praying for you,

Megan
  • mupix
    mupix Member Posts: 19
    Options
    mom62 said:

Vent Away
    Kat,

No 21 year old should have to deal with cancer period, never mind thinking of losing your leg. You should be thinking about school and what your going to do Saturday night, and boys, and your friends. I get it. I was lucky enough to have that life before the cancer got me. I hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel for you. My last bout went on for two and a half years. I too had wounds that wouldn't heal for a long time.

I'm amazed how composed you always are when discussing your treatment. You may not see it yourself, but you are one strong woman. I wish I could take all your pain and suffering away and put it on myself. A beautiful soul like yours should not have to suffer. I wish you well and pray for you daily.

Terry

Vent all you want
    Stay strong- that is the only thing you can do at thsi point.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Vent as much as you want! I
    Vent as much as you want! I wish i had your courage and strength, I continuosly pray that they will find a cure for this dreadful thing they call Phyllodes. I'm rooting for you and thinking high not low for all of us....

I added your name to our
    I added your name to our prayer list Kat. I hope that is ok with you.

Hugs, Jan
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    mom62 said:

Vent Away
    Kat,

Terry

Kat, you've been on my mind
    Kat, you've been on my mind a lot and I pray that you are doing well.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Kristin N said:

Kat, you've been on my mind
    Kat, you've been on my mind a lot and I pray that you are doing well.

Hoping you will post an
    Hoping you will post an update soon Kat. Always in my prayers and thoughts!

Love, Leeza