13»

Comments

• Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    madsters1 said:

I'm with ya 100%!!
    MsGebby,
    I SO get it, the Survivor thing. When first diagnosed in Aug of 2011, I didn't understand or really want to understand the title of Survivor. Didn't want to be a part of the cancerworld I guess. But now 11 months and numerous treatments and heartaches later...I GET IT!!! I have survived something horrendous!!
    I can only liken it to a soldier coming home from war. I took my scarf off last week after nearly eight months of being wrapped like a caccoon! I only wear my ball cap now (and of course cute earrings lol. I found that I no longer have the "uniform" of a cancer "soldier" to identify myself to the world. To say, "yes, it's cancer that has made me look like this". So, like a soldier home from war and out of uniform, I walk in the world feeling as though I have JUST come through a war ( and I have), but now no one knows it. It's a strange, yet transitional stage. I find myself, like the old lady on the park bench, telling anyone who'll listen that I just finished a year of treatments for cancer. Partly because I have pretty short hair that is NOT me and partly because I guess I'm just transitioning from patient to SURVIVOR!! YAY!!
    Looking back, I see the Lord in EVERY step through that very dark place. Thank you Lord.

You describe it so perfectly
    You describe it so perfectly Madsters1. You are a survivor! Thank you for your words.

Hugs, Kylez
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    madsters1 said:

I'm with ya 100%!!
    MsGebby,
    I SO get it, the Survivor thing. When first diagnosed in Aug of 2011, I didn't understand or really want to understand the title of Survivor. Didn't want to be a part of the cancerworld I guess. But now 11 months and numerous treatments and heartaches later...I GET IT!!! I have survived something horrendous!!
    I can only liken it to a soldier coming home from war. I took my scarf off last week after nearly eight months of being wrapped like a caccoon! I only wear my ball cap now (and of course cute earrings lol. I found that I no longer have the "uniform" of a cancer "soldier" to identify myself to the world. To say, "yes, it's cancer that has made me look like this". So, like a soldier home from war and out of uniform, I walk in the world feeling as though I have JUST come through a war ( and I have), but now no one knows it. It's a strange, yet transitional stage. I find myself, like the old lady on the park bench, telling anyone who'll listen that I just finished a year of treatments for cancer. Partly because I have pretty short hair that is NOT me and partly because I guess I'm just transitioning from patient to SURVIVOR!! YAY!!
    Looking back, I see the Lord in EVERY step through that very dark place. Thank you Lord.

Nothing like that beautiful
    Nothing like that beautiful word survivor! Congrats Mary and to all of us!
  • NewOne39
    NewOne39 Member Posts: 29
    Options
    Noel said:

Nothing like that beautiful
    Nothing like that beautiful word survivor! Congrats Mary and to all of us!

An inspiration and a survivor!!!
    Congrats on your mammo I am happy to hear you are a survivor.

You deserve to be a survivor and I pray that you continue to be a survivor for many many years to come.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    NewOne39 said:

An inspiration and a survivor!!!
    Congrats on your mammo I am happy to hear you are a survivor.

You deserve to be a survivor and I pray that you continue to be a survivor for many many years to come.

Have to agree with newone,
    Have to agree with newone, you are an inspiration Mary!
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I think
    that you will eventually be more than a Survivor. I think before long you will become "A Thriver". One way you do this is through being your own advocate and I have seen you do this so you are well on your way.