I'M A SURVIVOR

Options

Comments

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Thanks for sharing your
    Thanks for sharing your excitement! That is good news, and yes you are a survivor! And you will survive those upcoming tests too.

Hugs,

Linda

double post

double post
  • MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    Options
    Great ... now I'm crying
    WHY?? Because all of you know how to make a person really feel loved.

I pray that we will all have wonderful news to share ... someday ... SOON!

Has anyone heard if Paddy(?) had a good mammo too? This is so overwhelming. I actually did some hard core (LOL) cleaning today. It's like the sun was hiding all these months and now it shines so brightly.

Thank You ... EVERYONE! and Thank You Dear Lord and Mother Mary for watching over all of us.

:):):):):):):):)
  • MsGebby
    Options
    Kylez said:

Pink confetti is everywhere! LOL
    Congrats Survivor Mary! Excellent news! Did they say anything about what they thought the lumps might be?

I am wishing you the best of luck with all of your upcoming tests and we'll get the pink bus out again for you.

Now we just need good news from Pat!

Enjoy your day!

Big hugs,

Kylez

I see my NEW MO on Monday.
    I see my NEW MO on Monday. I got the pathology report back from Sloan Kettering. There are a few differences reported vs the first report. The histological grade was bumped up to III. Mitotic score changed to 2. Nuclear grade got bumped up to 2. Not sure if that would've change how my treatment plan was scheduled. My recurrence rate changed to a bit higher score too. No matter ... I got a clean mammo.

I will talk with this new doctor about the bumps/lumps that the mammo couldn't see. Or maybe I won't. I don't know. If she feels them then I won't need to say anything.

I am floating on cloud 9 at the moment and really can't imagine anything being wrong with me right now.

We'll see.

Throwing more pink confetti on you all.

:)
    Mary
  • MsGebby
    Options
    peanutcat said:

I'M A SURVIVOR TOO1111111111 YAH11111

Concrats. I was diagnosed last Feb. Went through chemo and radiation. The last radiation treatment was Nov. I was told 3 or 4 mos. ago I'm cancer free. I also have breathing issues. I have COPD. that is no fun. Your Dr. is right breathing issues have nothing to do with any kind of cancer. I was told about COPD 6 years ago. If you have any questions on the subject get a hold of me through I think it is called find a friend. I will look in there. Again congrats on being a survivor. You can ask questions here too.

Take Care
    peanutcat,

thank you Peanutcat
    How sweet it is to know one is cancer free. Congratulations to you too!!!!!

I am not sure what to ask regarding my breathing issues. The doctor gave me an inhaler and I am using it. Any kind of excursion brings on tightness in my chest. Sometimes I am just talking with someone and he/she have said that my lips are blue. The scans I've had mention atelectatic lingular changes which simply put means part of my lung has collapsed. That's what I read anyway. Next scan is on August 6th. I am praying that the nodules and the masses have not grown. And maybe there will be good news about this atelectasis (like it is no longer there). Anyway, I am thankful for your support with everything that is going on with me.

Peace. Love. Happiness.

Mary
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    MsGebby said:

I see my NEW MO on Monday. I got the pathology report back from Sloan Kettering. There are a few differences reported vs the first report. The histological grade was bumped up to III. Mitotic score changed to 2. Nuclear grade got bumped up to 2. Not sure if that would've change how my treatment plan was scheduled. My recurrence rate changed to a bit higher score too. No matter ... I got a clean mammo.

I will talk with this new doctor about the bumps/lumps that the mammo couldn't see. Or maybe I won't. I don't know. If she feels them then I won't need to say anything.

I am floating on cloud 9 at the moment and really can't imagine anything being wrong with me right now.

We'll see.

Mary

Congrats
    So happy for the clean mammo! You throw all the confetti you want!

Hugs, Debby
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    MsGebby said:

We'll see.

Mary

Good luck on Monday Mary
    Good luck on Monday Mary with your new MO! Please do talk to your doctor about the new lumps and bumps. Have you had an ultrasound and MRI done? I don't remember if you said you did or not. Those might verify for sure that the new lumps are nothing, which I pray they are.

Congrats to you again!
  • peanutcat
    peanutcat Member Posts: 104
    Options
    MsGebby said:

thank you Peanutcat

I am not sure what to ask regarding my breathing issues. The doctor gave me an inhaler and I am using it. Any kind of excursion brings on tightness in my chest. Sometimes I am just talking with someone and he/she have said that my lips are blue. The scans I've had mention atelectatic lingular changes which simply put means part of my lung has collapsed. That's what I read anyway. Next scan is on August 6th. I am praying that the nodules and the masses have not grown. And maybe there will be good news about this atelectasis (like it is no longer there). Anyway, I am thankful for your support with everything that is going on with me.

Peace. Love. Happiness.

Mary

Mary
    You are very welcome. I have to use 3 differant inhalers and a nebeliser. I don't use the nebuliser that much but with this hot weather I have to. I go to my surgeon in August to set a date to get my port out. YAH!!!.That will be my last sugery. I was also tested for the Bracha Gene which I do no have. Thank God for that. Now my daughter doesn't have to worry. She is happy about that. That is awful that your lung collapsed. I'll pray that the nodules haven't grown too. Good luck on your next scan. I'm more then happy to support you. I can talk anytime.

Always,

Cathy
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Yes you are a Survivor love
    Yes you are a Survivor love the pink confetti and i am smiling for you.I am also a Survivor of two years,will help with the blower Yea
    Hugs Frankie

Congrats to you too Frankie
    Congrats to you too Frankie Shannon on 2 years! Now start using that blower! LOL

Hugs, Megan
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    MsGebby said:

Great ... now I'm crying

Has anyone heard if Paddy(?) had a good mammo too? This is so overwhelming. I actually did some hard core (LOL) cleaning today. It's like the sun was hiding all these months and now it shines so brightly.

Thank You ... EVERYONE! and Thank You Dear Lord and Mother Mary for watching over all of us.

Awww..don't cry. We do love
    Awww..don't cry. We do love you and we are all so happy for your good news. We are sisters, remember?

I haven't seen Pat post, but, I hope she will soon. I keep looking.

Don't wear yourself out cleaning!
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Love your happiness
    Hi Mary,

Good to hear you sounding so positive. I'm so happy for you, you go girl! You are a survivor! I'm always praying for you.

Throwing confetti all over the place for you, its a sparkly pink!

((hugs))

Terry
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    MsGebby said:

Great ... now I'm crying

sweet sister!
    Happy to learn your mammo was clear! Praying for great results, always!! ALWAYS!!!

BTW, did you try finding me on facebook? :) I want to meet up!

<3 HUGS
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    mom62 said:

Love your happiness
    Hi Mary,

Good to hear you sounding so positive. I'm so happy for you, you go girl! You are a survivor! I'm always praying for you.

((hugs))

Terry

I'm Soooo Excited for you!!!
    Congratulations... You'e a Survivor!!!

Hip Hip Horray!!!

Enjoy your celebration and GREAT NEWS!!!

{{{HUGS}}}
    Mitzi =)
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Mitzi333 said:

I'm Soooo Excited for you!!!
    Congratulations... You'e a Survivor!!!

Hip Hip Horray!!!

Enjoy your celebration and GREAT NEWS!!!

{{{HUGS}}}
    Mitzi =)

Ms. Gebby is a SURVIVOR!!!
    Hallelujah and Congratulations! I am so happy. Doing my Hap Hap Happy Dance for
    you!

Celebrate like its 1999.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    mom62 said:

Love your happiness
    Hi Mary,

((hugs))

Terry

Celebration time!

Celebration time!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    MsGebby said:

thank you Peanutcat

Peace. Love. Happiness.

Mary

Peace, love and happiness to
    Peace, love and happiness to you too Mary! You are one fantastic survivor!

Hugs, Diane
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    MsGebby said:

thank you Peanutcat

Peace. Love. Happiness.

Mary

Love the word Survivor!
    Love the word Survivor! Congrats!
  • madsters1
    madsters1 Member Posts: 120
    Options
    I'm with ya 100%!!
    MsGebby,
    I SO get it, the Survivor thing. When first diagnosed in Aug of 2011, I didn't understand or really want to understand the title of Survivor. Didn't want to be a part of the cancerworld I guess. But now 11 months and numerous treatments and heartaches later...I GET IT!!! I have survived something horrendous!!
    I can only liken it to a soldier coming home from war. I took my scarf off last week after nearly eight months of being wrapped like a caccoon! I only wear my ball cap now (and of course cute earrings lol. I found that I no longer have the "uniform" of a cancer "soldier" to identify myself to the world. To say, "yes, it's cancer that has made me look like this". So, like a soldier home from war and out of uniform, I walk in the world feeling as though I have JUST come through a war ( and I have), but now no one knows it. It's a strange, yet transitional stage. I find myself, like the old lady on the park bench, telling anyone who'll listen that I just finished a year of treatments for cancer. Partly because I have pretty short hair that is NOT me and partly because I guess I'm just transitioning from patient to SURVIVOR!! YAY!!
    Looking back, I see the Lord in EVERY step through that very dark place. Thank you Lord.
  • MsGebby
    Options
    madsters1 said:

I'm with ya 100%!!
    MsGebby,
    I SO get it, the Survivor thing. When first diagnosed in Aug of 2011, I didn't understand or really want to understand the title of Survivor. Didn't want to be a part of the cancerworld I guess. But now 11 months and numerous treatments and heartaches later...I GET IT!!! I have survived something horrendous!!
    I can only liken it to a soldier coming home from war. I took my scarf off last week after nearly eight months of being wrapped like a caccoon! I only wear my ball cap now (and of course cute earrings lol. I found that I no longer have the "uniform" of a cancer "soldier" to identify myself to the world. To say, "yes, it's cancer that has made me look like this". So, like a soldier home from war and out of uniform, I walk in the world feeling as though I have JUST come through a war ( and I have), but now no one knows it. It's a strange, yet transitional stage. I find myself, like the old lady on the park bench, telling anyone who'll listen that I just finished a year of treatments for cancer. Partly because I have pretty short hair that is NOT me and partly because I guess I'm just transitioning from patient to SURVIVOR!! YAY!!
    Looking back, I see the Lord in EVERY step through that very dark place. Thank you Lord.

Boy did this bring tears to my eyes
    You are such a warrior and now a SURVIVOR. Doesn't it feel good to say it? If only we didn't have to look back and have to continue to so the scans and tests and appointments for the next 5 plus years. I guess that's a good thing. Life depends on these routine tests and appointments. Most people will never get it. But that's OK. The only person who has to really get it is YOU and ME.

I am so happy that you have come to the realization that you are SURVIVOR. And thank God you are. We all need you.

Love and Hugs,
    Mary
  • MsGebby
    Options

sweet sister!
    Happy to learn your mammo was clear! Praying for great results, always!! ALWAYS!!!

<3 HUGS</p>

NOPE
    no luck finding you...could you copy and paste the URL in a private message to me? Please??
  • MsGebby
    Options

sweet sister!

<3 HUGS</p>

NOPE
    no luck finding you...could you copy and paste the URL in a private message to me? Please??