My Husband Lost His Battle - Father's Day 6/17/12

Options

Comments

• dennis318
    dennis318 Member Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Lost for word
    I so remember you and your husband in his battle, I was fighting the trach, i had my taken out the first time and had a infection, i OD on oxcodones, Our air conditioner went out and I didn't realize what i was doing but trying to make the pain go away, I got to work, my boss sent me to the hospital, all I remember, my family where on vacation and left me, vacation was more important i guess, i had an emergency caller and he came threw, when he arrive he said they where pumping me out and finding a open airway, i was taken via ambulance where they reinserted my trach, I hated that thing, but they found i had a bad infection from the radiation and i was rotting. this hits so close to me Kim what he went threw...scares me most, if this should every happen to me, having half a larynx..when it's time, I'm going, my heart so hurts for you guys...take Care, hug Dennis
  • ditto1
    ditto1 Member Posts: 660
    Options
    dennis318 said:

Lost for word
    I so remember you and your husband in his battle, I was fighting the trach, i had my taken out the first time and had a infection, i OD on oxcodones, Our air conditioner went out and I didn't realize what i was doing but trying to make the pain go away, I got to work, my boss sent me to the hospital, all I remember, my family where on vacation and left me, vacation was more important i guess, i had an emergency caller and he came threw, when he arrive he said they where pumping me out and finding a open airway, i was taken via ambulance where they reinserted my trach, I hated that thing, but they found i had a bad infection from the radiation and i was rotting. this hits so close to me Kim what he went threw...scares me most, if this should every happen to me, having half a larynx..when it's time, I'm going, my heart so hurts for you guys...take Care, hug Dennis

We are so sorry
    and again no words can ease the pain but they are what we have to share to let you know we do care and our prayers to you and your family. One of the books Diane bought me on people and their cancer journeys said "Either God will take the cancer out of us or take us out of the Cancer". So you may be right he just did not want your husband to go thru any more pain or sorrow. May God grant you the peace to deal with your loss. Doug and Diane
  • josh r.
    josh r. Member Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss
    Kimmy,
    I am so sorry for your loss and at the same time I am sure your husband was so grateful for your loving support. He was so fortunate to have you by his side. I wish you all the best, Josh
  • hawk711
    hawk711 Member Posts: 566
    Options
    josh r. said:

Sorry for your loss
    Kimmy,
    I am so sorry for your loss and at the same time I am sure your husband was so grateful for your loving support. He was so fortunate to have you by his side. I wish you all the best, Josh

thoughts are with you
    Kimmy
    I have been here with you for many months. You have been a help to many of us. We now hope we can help you with our thoughts and prayers.
    Steve
  • robinleigh
    robinleigh Member Posts: 297
    Options
    Sorry
    Sorry for your loss. Wishing you peace and some sort of comfort from within yourself, from others, and spiritually.
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    Very Sorry
    I ache for you. I want words of comfort, but I only have sadness, helplessness and, to be honest, resentment right now. I know it's bad under any circumstances, but just when he was doing so well . . . I wish you strength - I know you are strong (being such a wonderful caregiver and wife), but I think it's a different kind of strength you need right now.
  • jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Kimmy, My heart goes out to
    Kimmy, My heart goes out to you and your family. May you find comfort in Jesus' loving arms.

Debbie
  • alaskanjan
    alaskanjan Member Posts: 42
    Options
    My heart feels your pain
    May God bless you and help you through this.
  • Pumakitty
    Pumakitty Member Posts: 652
    Options
    So very sorry
    I am so sorry for the pain you and your family are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Kathy
  • miccmill
    miccmill Member Posts: 248
    Options
    Pumakitty said:

So very sorry
    I am so sorry for the pain you and your family are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Kathy

Kimmy
    I'm so very sorry to hear about your husband.

My deepest sympathies and prayers for you and your family.

Lisa
  • bjw1955
    bjw1955 Member Posts: 67
    Options
    So Sorry
    I haven't been on here for awhile and my heart just dropped, prayers to you and your family I hope you find peace God Bless
  • arndog64
    arndog64 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    bjw1955 said:

So Sorry
    I haven't been on here for awhile and my heart just dropped, prayers to you and your family I hope you find peace God Bless

I am so sorry to hear of
    I am so sorry to hear of your husbands passing. My heart goes out to your family.
  • susan0803
    susan0803 Member Posts: 90
    Options
    arndog64 said:

I am so sorry to hear of
    I am so sorry to hear of your husbands passing. My heart goes out to your family.

very sorry
    I am so sorry very sorry to hear.

Suzanne
  • Jimbo55
    Jimbo55 Member Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Kimmy
    So very sorry to hear of your husband's passing. My sincere condolences toy you and your family during this trying time. Words are inadequate at times like this.

Jimbo
  • Greg53
    Greg53 Member Posts: 849
    Options
    Jimbo55 said:

Kimmy
    So very sorry to hear of your husband's passing. My sincere condolences toy you and your family during this trying time. Words are inadequate at times like this.

Jimbo

Kimmy
    I am so sorry to hear this news. You were both tough fighters throughout. Sending positive thoughts and energy your way.

Greg
  • Jan Trinks
    Jan Trinks Member Posts: 477
    Options
    So sorry
    Kimmy:

I'm so sorry about your husband. I certainly know how that is and as a matter of fact am dealing with the fact that Thurs. the 28th would have been our 37th anniversary. Charlie's was sudden too although he was in the hospital because of gi bleed and blood counts out of wack and was considered terminal when cancer returned it still was somewhat of a shock. His oncologist told me in his letter he wrote to me (yes, he and the radiation oncologist wrote me!) actually it was when I went to talk to him the Monday after Charlie passed away on Sat. nite that we knew the treatment was working but the cancer was so widespread that we needed to look at this as the good Lord's way of intervening and taking care of the inevitable; in his letter he told me he faced his disease with a great deal of courage and great attitude but that he also faced a difficult time with his cancer in the future even if he had gotten thru the gi bleed and such. Will be praying for you and your family and God Bless!

Jan (Basketcase)
  • nick770
    nick770 Member Posts: 195
    Options

So sorry
    Kimmy:

I'm so sorry about your husband. I certainly know how that is and as a matter of fact am dealing with the fact that Thurs. the 28th would have been our 37th anniversary. Charlie's was sudden too although he was in the hospital because of gi bleed and blood counts out of wack and was considered terminal when cancer returned it still was somewhat of a shock. His oncologist told me in his letter he wrote to me (yes, he and the radiation oncologist wrote me!) actually it was when I went to talk to him the Monday after Charlie passed away on Sat. nite that we knew the treatment was working but the cancer was so widespread that we needed to look at this as the good Lord's way of intervening and taking care of the inevitable; in his letter he told me he faced his disease with a great deal of courage and great attitude but that he also faced a difficult time with his cancer in the future even if he had gotten thru the gi bleed and such. Will be praying for you and your family and God Bless!

Jan (Basketcase)

Sorry
    I'm so sorry for your lose
  • Paintslinger
    Paintslinger Member Posts: 70
    Options
    Your husband
    I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. I can tell from reading your post that you loved him dearly and he will be missed. What can anyone possibly say at a time like this except to urge you to try to remember the good times that you guys had together. I'm quite sure that there were a lot of them.
    Sincerely,
    Paintslinger
  • wifeforlife
    wifeforlife Member Posts: 189
    Options

Your husband
    I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. I can tell from reading your post that you loved him dearly and he will be missed. What can anyone possibly say at a time like this except to urge you to try to remember the good times that you guys had together. I'm quite sure that there were a lot of them.
    Sincerely,
    Paintslinger

Kimmy
    I'm so very sorry for your loss... my heart breaks for you. Prayers coming your way.
    Wife
  • wifeforlife
    wifeforlife Member Posts: 189
    Options

Your husband
    Sincerely,
    Paintslinger

Kimmy
    I'm so very sorry for your loss... my heart breaks for you. Prayers coming your way.
    Wife