Really just so disappointed

Options
jendrey
jendrey Member Posts: 377
My implant became contaminated some weeks ago. What happened is that there was a rough patch of skin that began to leak clear fluid, effectively it was called a seroma. My PS insisted it was contaminated although the culture came back that it wasn't infected. So, it was exchanged for a new implant.

All was well and the wound closed up nicely with a thin line for a scar. Then, I was rubbing/massaging it aggressively - as I'd been told to do in the past to break up the collagen for minimal scarring and capsular contraction. I managed to rip 1/3 of the wound open after 3 weeks of being closed already.

I've been to the ER twice so far for steri-strip closures and then dermabond. Numerous visits back to my PS for staples last week and now this week I have 4 Frankenstein-ish stitches. This is because the wound had actually gotten bigger, I was so surprised because to me it looked like the wound was getting smaller over time.

Now my PS will be on leave for the next month or so with no replacement so I'll be seeing a general surgeon instead.

My PS actually told me to stop picking at the wound area. It took a lot of resolve to not yell at the top of my lungs that I was not EVER at ANY time 'picking' at ANYTHING whatsoever. And that I was only doing what I had been told to do after prior surgeries by the very same PS. Yeah, it's my fault - but I can't help but think that I wouldn't ever even thought about touching the area let alone rub or massage it vigorously had I not been told to do this previously.

Yeah it's my fault but seriously where did I get the idea from in the first place?!!

Really, I am just so disappointed about all of this.

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Yikes!
    I don't know how you held your tongue! You're a better person than I ! I would have been all over him! Sounds like he may have a "God complex"....one very important thing to remember is that YOU are the "customer".....I have learned one very important thing....you HAVE to be your own advocate....they may have MD and a half dozen other "titles" after their name but it's your body...I speak my mind, when needed...as a matter of fact my oncologist calls me "Sassy"....

I hate so much you've had to go through so much, then get blamed for it!

Wishing you better days, and a speedy recovery
    Hugs, Nancy
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Yikes!
    I don't know how you held your tongue! You're a better person than I ! I would have been all over him! Sounds like he may have a "God complex"....one very important thing to remember is that YOU are the "customer".....I have learned one very important thing....you HAVE to be your own advocate....they may have MD and a half dozen other "titles" after their name but it's your body...I speak my mind, when needed...as a matter of fact my oncologist calls me "Sassy"....

Hugs, Nancy

I am so sorry. Praying that
    I am so sorry. Praying that everything will work out for you soon.

Hugs, Noel
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Yikes!

Hugs, Nancy

I think I might have said a
    I think I might have said a word or two myself!

I am sorry this happened..sending a hug!
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    DebbyM said:

I think I might have said a
    I think I might have said a word or two myself!

I am sorry this happened..sending a hug!

I agree
    I don't think I would have been able to keep quiet. Sorry you hare having to go all through this.

Hugs, Debi
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    GRRRR!!!
    Well how kind and considerate of your doc to give such sage advice after telling you to mess with it in the first place! Hope things go better from here on.

Hugs,

RE
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    RE said:

GRRRR!!!
    Well how kind and considerate of your doc to give such sage advice after telling you to mess with it in the first place! Hope things go better from here on.

Hugs,

RE

Grrrr is right! I am very
    Grrrr is right! I am very sorry and hope everything gets LOTS better for you!

Many hugs,

Megan
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Wow
    It makes you wonder if he has multiple personality disorder or what? Or maybe he is trying to blame you that the whole thing went wrong. You know some people can NEVER be wrong. In thier mind you must have done something wrong to cause this. You know things just never go haywire just because not everything can go perfectly. It's just too bad that you had to be the one that things did not go perfectly for.
  • jendrey
    jendrey Member Posts: 377
    Options

Wow
    It makes you wonder if he has multiple personality disorder or what? Or maybe he is trying to blame you that the whole thing went wrong. You know some people can NEVER be wrong. In thier mind you must have done something wrong to cause this. You know things just never go haywire just because not everything can go perfectly. It's just too bad that you had to be the one that things did not go perfectly for.

Thank you everyone for your kind words of support! It helps to know that I'm not so alone in all this.

(((Hugs)))
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    jendrey said:

Thank you everyone for your kind words of support! It helps to know that I'm not so alone in all this.

(((Hugs)))

You are never alone! You've
    You are never alone! You've got all of the rowdy pink sisters cheering for you!

Lex
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear what you are
    sorry to hear what you are gong through. I just read this for first time. I will check back for update...

Denise