Options
1235»

Comments

• Lynne Logan
    Lynne Logan Member Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Megan M said:

This is great Lynne that you
    This is great Lynne that you are having little side effects with this chemo. Praying it continues!

Side Effects
    Hello Pink Friends.
    Had my second infusion on Saturday and still no side effects. However the pain has gotten so very bad I've been forced to take 3 of the 10/325 hydrocodone/acet every 4 hours just to dull it. My poor overworked oncologist was home sick on Monday but he called me personally yesterday late afternoon. We discussed where the pain was and the severity so I'm having an MRI on Saturday early afternoon.
    My daughter had to drive like a wild woman to get to his office to pick up a script for morphine since it can't be called or faxed in. Then none of the pharmacies in town had it in stock. Hopefully I'll be getting some by this afternoon. I feel like a drug addict taking morphine but whatever works, huh?
    I also have a marker test on the 9th so this will provide some more information.
    Is it as hot where you are as here in CA's central valley? I miss cool nights and sleeping with the windows open.
    Take care everyone, hugs to all.
    Lynne
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options

Side Effects
    Hello Pink Friends.
    Had my second infusion on Saturday and still no side effects. However the pain has gotten so very bad I've been forced to take 3 of the 10/325 hydrocodone/acet every 4 hours just to dull it. My poor overworked oncologist was home sick on Monday but he called me personally yesterday late afternoon. We discussed where the pain was and the severity so I'm having an MRI on Saturday early afternoon.
    My daughter had to drive like a wild woman to get to his office to pick up a script for morphine since it can't be called or faxed in. Then none of the pharmacies in town had it in stock. Hopefully I'll be getting some by this afternoon. I feel like a drug addict taking morphine but whatever works, huh?
    I also have a marker test on the 9th so this will provide some more information.
    Is it as hot where you are as here in CA's central valley? I miss cool nights and sleeping with the windows open.
    Take care everyone, hugs to all.
    Lynne

You were right in thinking
    That there is a good reason your oncologist is so busy. So when you weigh it out perhaps you don't everything you need as far as bedside manner. However, you get the brain that knows the disease. I am glad you are counting on your family more this time around. Perhaps this will make up a bit for the doctor not being as attentive as you might like. I will keep you in prayer.

It is hot here too in Michigan. I have no air conditioning and I head for cooler places durring the hottest part of the day.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

You were right in thinking
    That there is a good reason your oncologist is so busy. So when you weigh it out perhaps you don't everything you need as far as bedside manner. However, you get the brain that knows the disease. I am glad you are counting on your family more this time around. Perhaps this will make up a bit for the doctor not being as attentive as you might like. I will keep you in prayer.

It is hot here too in Michigan. I have no air conditioning and I head for cooler places durring the hottest part of the day.

Praying for you Lynne.
    Praying for you Lynne. Please post to let us know your MRI results.

Hugs, Diane
  • Lynne Logan
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Praying for you Lynne.
    Praying for you Lynne. Please post to let us know your MRI results.

Hugs, Diane

MRI results
    Hi ladies,
    I had my MRI this past Saturday and by Monday my oncologist's office was making me an appointment for the next day. That's an oh, oh sign.
    Sure enough, now T11 is involved so my oncologist called my radiation oncologist right from the exam room. I've discovered he's a lot better on a one to one basis, so I sneak to my appointments. I already have an appointment for tomorrow with the radiology oncologist. Things do happen fast when they get started.
    I have to have a heart scan for the new chemo and get the residue from the old out of my system. I know side effects have nothing to do with effectiveness of the chemo but I've had none! No wonder my family isn't quite as supportive, I look way healthy. Feel pretty perky too, except for the pain. Which today isn't bad . Good figure.
    Love to all,
    Lynne
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

MRI results
    Hi ladies,
    I had my MRI this past Saturday and by Monday my oncologist's office was making me an appointment for the next day. That's an oh, oh sign.
    Sure enough, now T11 is involved so my oncologist called my radiation oncologist right from the exam room. I've discovered he's a lot better on a one to one basis, so I sneak to my appointments. I already have an appointment for tomorrow with the radiology oncologist. Things do happen fast when they get started.
    I have to have a heart scan for the new chemo and get the residue from the old out of my system. I know side effects have nothing to do with effectiveness of the chemo but I've had none! No wonder my family isn't quite as supportive, I look way healthy. Feel pretty perky too, except for the pain. Which today isn't bad . Good figure.
    Love to all,
    Lynne

Glad you are handling the
    Glad you are handling the chemo well Lynne. Sorry about your news. Have you started rads and how are you doing Lynn?

Good luck to you,

Jan
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

So..
    Very sorry, Lynne, to hear this news..and all the anxiety ridden waiting...I think, some how you have to get through to your doctor how bad your pain is and have them address it...don't let them poo-poo you off! I know nothing about your chemo 3 days in a row...that's new to me...do you know the cocktail you'll be having?

Let your family and friends help you...they need to do, for you and themselves...we all put on the "I'm fine, happy face" the first go round with the beast but second go round, I've given that up...if it's a crappy day, so be it, I'm not smiling! One of my female physicians, she's also a good friend, told me to get a plastic tiara...on bad days, wear it to warn people....I had one and did what she said, the first go around..if nothing else it gave us a good laugh!

Please know I'll keep you in my prayers..Keep us informed, we care...
    Big hugs, Nancy

I always look to see if
    I always look to see if you've posted Lynne and it scares me that I haven't seen anything new from you for quite awhile. I am praying that you are doing alright.

Hugs, Noel
  • Lynne Logan
    Options
    Noel said:

I always look to see if
    I always look to see if you've posted Lynne and it scares me that I haven't seen anything new from you for quite awhile. I am praying that you are doing alright.

Hugs, Noel

Been awhile alright.
    I am sorry that I've been away so long. I surely didn't mean to scare you Noel. When I started rads it didn't take very long before the side effects really hit me. I started Aug. 15th and have 10 to go. So a little over half way done. Now, I'm just so hoping the side effects don't get any worse. These are quite nasty since I'm burned internally from stomach on up. Remember me, the Side Effect Queen?
    My energy level got low so much earlier than rads to the breast area. I was surprised as it felt more like chemo fatigue. I spent all day yesterday in bed and was going to do the same today. I realized I have so many friends I've ignored since starting treatment that I managed to fiddle the day away at my computer. Gazing fondly at my bed on occasion.
    I see my oncologist on Wed. and he'll be able to give me some idea by the tumor markers how the rads are working. My pain is reduced so that's a good sign.
    I'll try to be better, as my energy level allows, and post more often.
    Thank you all and many hugs
    Lynne
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

Been awhile alright.
    I am sorry that I've been away so long. I surely didn't mean to scare you Noel. When I started rads it didn't take very long before the side effects really hit me. I started Aug. 15th and have 10 to go. So a little over half way done. Now, I'm just so hoping the side effects don't get any worse. These are quite nasty since I'm burned internally from stomach on up. Remember me, the Side Effect Queen?
    My energy level got low so much earlier than rads to the breast area. I was surprised as it felt more like chemo fatigue. I spent all day yesterday in bed and was going to do the same today. I realized I have so many friends I've ignored since starting treatment that I managed to fiddle the day away at my computer. Gazing fondly at my bed on occasion.
    I see my oncologist on Wed. and he'll be able to give me some idea by the tumor markers how the rads are working. My pain is reduced so that's a good sign.
    Lynne

Lynn glad to hear from you
    Lynn
    Thank you for your update and kind words on my post.
    Good that your pain is going away, radiation is working!!! Next Sunday you will be a radiation graduate!!! Your fatigue will gradually go subside and you will feel stronger without pain for sure. Sorry for your burns please ask for prescription creams. I also take naps on weekends and it is helping a lot.
    Good luck with oncogidt visit praying your markets will show improvement
    Hugs
    Olga
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

Been awhile alright.
    Lynne

Congrats on being halfway
    Congrats on being halfway done with rads Lynne! Rads do wear you down, so, continue to take it easy. Glad your pain is better.

Hugs, Debby
  • Lynne Logan
    Options

Lynn glad to hear from you
    Lynn
    Thank you for your update and kind words on my post.
    Good that your pain is going away, radiation is working!!! Next Sunday you will be a radiation graduate!!! Your fatigue will gradually go subside and you will feel stronger without pain for sure. Sorry for your burns please ask for prescription creams. I also take naps on weekends and it is helping a lot.
    Good luck with oncogidt visit praying your markets will show improvement
    Hugs
    Olga

Rads and stuff
    Hi Olga,
    Due to holidays and such I think it'll still be about 7 more days until the last treatment. One nice thing though, after my oncologist saw my weight was dropping by a pound a day he decided to only treat the lower tumors on T9 and 11 and the rib every day. He said T2 wasn't the worst tumor anyway so skipping Wednesday would give me a bit of a break. It has helped but the 4 day week did too. Last night and today I'm back to not being able to swallow. It was sure easier to deal with outside burns than inside. I use what's called Magic Mouthwash which is also used for mouth sores. Not crazy over it but I can eat meals since it numbs.
    My tumor markers were up and after I mentioned to my primary oncologist that I had a tendency to get new tumors while being treated for the old, he's put me on Xeloda 3 times a day. I think I'll post about this since it's causing me a bit of confusion regarding how I'm supposed to do all this eating and chemo taking.
    Next will be the heart scan sometime this week and after rads will be set to start chemo once again. Sometimes I wish I could be put on a hand cart and just wheeled to all these treatments. I'm so tired and I know you all understand of what I speak. ;-}

Hugs back,
    Lynne
  • Lynne Logan
    Options
    DebbyM said:

Congrats on being halfway
    Congrats on being halfway done with rads Lynne! Rads do wear you down, so, continue to take it easy. Glad your pain is better.

Hugs, Debby

Taking it easy
    Hi Debby,
    I do try to rest as often as possible. One thing about daily treatments the time does go faster. The wait between infusions was the longest!!
    My daughter is still being my best care giver. She says between 2 and 5 I'm hers everyday. We have had a nice time on our ride to the big city. Being greeted with a chocolate milkshake when treatment is done isn't too bad either.
    The thing I find disturbing is having lost about 8 pounds no one is pleased. Not even me since I can't see any change ;-}
    Hugs
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

Taking it easy
    Hi Debby,
    I do try to rest as often as possible. One thing about daily treatments the time does go faster. The wait between infusions was the longest!!
    My daughter is still being my best care giver. She says between 2 and 5 I'm hers everyday. We have had a nice time on our ride to the big city. Being greeted with a chocolate milkshake when treatment is done isn't too bad either.
    The thing I find disturbing is having lost about 8 pounds no one is pleased. Not even me since I can't see any change ;-}
    Hugs

Good to hear from you, Lynn
    Been thinking about you and hoping you have been moving along through the yucky awful treatments. And it sounds like you have. So nice that you have the help of your daughter daily and are able to rest when you can. These treatments sound like a fulltime job.
    Sending hugs and prayers.
    Suzanne
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Good to hear from you, Lynn
    Been thinking about you and hoping you have been moving along through the yucky awful treatments. And it sounds like you have. So nice that you have the help of your daughter daily and are able to rest when you can. These treatments sound like a fulltime job.
    Sending hugs and prayers.
    Suzanne

I saw a shout out to you
    I saw a shout out to you Lynne and just wanted to bump this post up so if you do come on, you might see one or the other posts and update us on how you are now.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Been awhile alright.
    Lynne

I am concerned and thinking
    I am concerned and thinking about you Lynne.

Continuing to look for an update,

Kylez