Mets to spine and rib

Options

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    Noel said:

Lynne, you know we are all
    Lynne, you know we are all always praying for you!

Lynne--I was where you are
    in January--bone mets to T-12, spine, pelvis just 2 years after my initial diagnosis of Stage 3 IDC diagnosed in Dec. '09. I did the Arimidex for about 16 months when I developed the bone mets. I have been on the Faslodex injections/Zometa infusions monthly since Dec. '12 and my latest PET scan two weeks ago was negative! This could be you too--hang in there. I was full of despair just six months ago, now I'm full of hope and gratitude.

I'm counting on you to join me in a full remission--just know it can and does happen.

Keeping you in my nightly prayers.

Hugs, Renee
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

in January--bone mets to T-12, spine, pelvis just 2 years after my initial diagnosis of Stage 3 IDC diagnosed in Dec. '09. I did the Arimidex for about 16 months when I developed the bone mets. I have been on the Faslodex injections/Zometa infusions monthly since Dec. '12 and my latest PET scan two weeks ago was negative! This could be you too--hang in there. I was full of despair just six months ago, now I'm full of hope and gratitude.

I'm counting on you to join me in a full remission--just know it can and does happen.

Hugs, Renee

We are all here Lynne,
    We are all here Lynne, praying for you!

♥ Kristin ♥
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

3 in a row
    Hi Linda,
    You sure have that right. When I developed pain in places that weren't on the PET scan it made it all the worse. To have to wait through all the snafus knowing that this nasty beast is spreading so fast is discouraging to say the least. To say nothing of trying to control the pain. On Thursday I'll be getting something stronger than the 20 10/325 Hydro/Acet. Why my oncologist just didn't prescribe yesterday I don't know. Evidently he hasn't a clue how bad it is and shocked me by prescribing Naprosyn on the 28th after I told the receptionist I was already taking the 10/325. Their office seems to be in a mess for some reason and yesterday they couldn't even locate my file.
    Please let us know how your new chemo goes. It's always an unknown even with what we know, we don't know how a new cocktail will affect us.
    I hope everyone has some nice plans for the 4th.

Hugs to all,
    Lynne

Hoping & praying for you
    Hoping & praying for you Lynne!

Love, Leeza
  • Lynne Logan
    Lynne Logan Member Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

Hugs, Renee

This is great to hear!
    Hi Renee,
    I've followed your story since we seem to have quite a bit in common regarding "the beast." My last year's cancer (left) was Stage 3 IDC Estrogen Pos. also. I had a spot on the T9 that was a concern, but appeared to be gone in Dec. '11. Since it was only "suspicious" at the time my oncologist said whatever it was appears to be gone.
    My PET scan after mastectomy (right) showed mets to T2, T9 and the 12th rib (in back.) I'm supposing that there was still something microscopic on the T9. I didn't have rads on my spine since I was NED after chemo.
    I'm on a kinder, gentler chemo this time around when I feel I should be more aggressively treated but then again Taxotare just about killed me. I trust my oncologist completely and I've never seen anything but surprise from him. He seems very confident so with his attitude and your results I feel a load lifted today.
    A major mystery has been solved. My oncologist showed up during my infusion and I asked the reason behind the 3 daily chemos. His reaction was no, no, no. Every 3 weeks!!! The nurse checked the order and sure enough, 3 daily for 3 days. Someone just goofed badly. She said I would have been fried. But the error would have been caught before I received today's. But it saved me a trip.
    So far I feel pretty good today. I usually expect the SE to show up on the 3rd day. I sure would like to keep what few eyelashes have grown back. Aren't we silly sometimes?
    Big hugs back to you Renee. I was anxious to know the results of your scan and I couldn't be happier for you. You've given hope to a lot of us Stage IVs so I'm sure I speak for all of us.
    Lynne
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

This is great to hear!
    Hi Renee,
    I've followed your story since we seem to have quite a bit in common regarding "the beast." My last year's cancer (left) was Stage 3 IDC Estrogen Pos. also. I had a spot on the T9 that was a concern, but appeared to be gone in Dec. '11. Since it was only "suspicious" at the time my oncologist said whatever it was appears to be gone.
    My PET scan after mastectomy (right) showed mets to T2, T9 and the 12th rib (in back.) I'm supposing that there was still something microscopic on the T9. I didn't have rads on my spine since I was NED after chemo.
    I'm on a kinder, gentler chemo this time around when I feel I should be more aggressively treated but then again Taxotare just about killed me. I trust my oncologist completely and I've never seen anything but surprise from him. He seems very confident so with his attitude and your results I feel a load lifted today.
    A major mystery has been solved. My oncologist showed up during my infusion and I asked the reason behind the 3 daily chemos. His reaction was no, no, no. Every 3 weeks!!! The nurse checked the order and sure enough, 3 daily for 3 days. Someone just goofed badly. She said I would have been fried. But the error would have been caught before I received today's. But it saved me a trip.
    So far I feel pretty good today. I usually expect the SE to show up on the 3rd day. I sure would like to keep what few eyelashes have grown back. Aren't we silly sometimes?
    Big hugs back to you Renee. I was anxious to know the results of your scan and I couldn't be happier for you. You've given hope to a lot of us Stage IVs so I'm sure I speak for all of us.
    Lynne

Whew
    I've been worrying about that 3 days in a row thing - worried it was a mistake and you'd get way too much chemo! I'm so relieved that you asked and things got corrected. My last chemo was supposed to be a reduced dose. Had I not asked at the time of infusion, I would have had a full dose. A small mistake compared to how yours might have gone, but a medical mistake nonetheless. Makes you nervous, doesn't it?

Hope you do well. It sounds like you're back to a take charge role. No one can take care of you better than you!

Suzanne
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    MAJW said:

So..
    Very sorry, Lynne, to hear this news..and all the anxiety ridden waiting...I think, some how you have to get through to your doctor how bad your pain is and have them address it...don't let them poo-poo you off! I know nothing about your chemo 3 days in a row...that's new to me...do you know the cocktail you'll be having?

Let your family and friends help you...they need to do, for you and themselves...we all put on the "I'm fine, happy face" the first go round with the beast but second go round, I've given that up...if it's a crappy day, so be it, I'm not smiling! One of my female physicians, she's also a good friend, told me to get a plastic tiara...on bad days, wear it to warn people....I had one and did what she said, the first go around..if nothing else it gave us a good laugh!

Please know I'll keep you in my prayers..Keep us informed, we care...
    Big hugs, Nancy

I am always including you in
    I am always including you in my prayers Lynne. Please keep posting to update us when you have the time and feel like it.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

This is great to hear!
    Hi Renee,
    Lynne

Glad that this chemo is
    Glad that this chemo is gentler Lynne, but, reading what almost happened is terrifying! Thank goodness the mistake was caught!

Wishing you Lynne the best and always watch for updates from you.

Take care,

Noel
  • Lynne Logan
    Options

Whew
    I've been worrying about that 3 days in a row thing - worried it was a mistake and you'd get way too much chemo! I'm so relieved that you asked and things got corrected. My last chemo was supposed to be a reduced dose. Had I not asked at the time of infusion, I would have had a full dose. A small mistake compared to how yours might have gone, but a medical mistake nonetheless. Makes you nervous, doesn't it?

Hope you do well. It sounds like you're back to a take charge role. No one can take care of you better than you!

Suzanne

Harsh chemo
    I was having a bad reaction to Taxotere my first go round. Even reducing the dose didn't help. Thinking back I wish I'd been able to have the last infusion since I had something suspicious on T9 and evidently there must have been something undetectable that remained there since I have mets to T9.
    I am so happy that my oncologist showed up on a Saturday just by chance to clear this mistake up. I think the nurse probably would have caught it alright but probably not until I was there.
    As far as my kinder, gentler chemo, I am doing fine. Almost too fine. Nothing seems any different including the pain. I know side effects and effectiveness have nothing to do with each other but this seems too easy. ;-}
    Next week's blood test with markers will show us if anything is happening. I want to have news like Renee someday. I'm just so thrilled for her.
    Big hugs to all
    Lynne
  • Noel
    Options

Harsh chemo
    I was having a bad reaction to Taxotere my first go round. Even reducing the dose didn't help. Thinking back I wish I'd been able to have the last infusion since I had something suspicious on T9 and evidently there must have been something undetectable that remained there since I have mets to T9.
    I am so happy that my oncologist showed up on a Saturday just by chance to clear this mistake up. I think the nurse probably would have caught it alright but probably not until I was there.
    As far as my kinder, gentler chemo, I am doing fine. Almost too fine. Nothing seems any different including the pain. I know side effects and effectiveness have nothing to do with each other but this seems too easy. ;-}
    Next week's blood test with markers will show us if anything is happening. I want to have news like Renee someday. I'm just so thrilled for her.
    Big hugs to all
    Lynne

Wishing you good luck next
    Wishing you good luck next week Lynne with your tumor markers. Let us know.

Hugs, Noel
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    susie09 said:

I am always including you in
    I am always including you in my prayers Lynne. Please keep posting to update us when you have the time and feel like it.

Good luck Lynne this week
    Good luck Lynne this week with your tests. Please keep us updated.

Big hugs, Jan
  • Lynne Logan
    Options

Big hugs, Jan

Blood tests
    Hi,
    I will get the results of the markers and blood calcium (I assume) on the 26th when I see my oncologist. I'm anticipating they'll be raised just due to more areas that are hurting. I had a wonderful day I think it was Sunday. Not one pain pill. I guess the cancer took a day off and rested too. Today it started before dawn and so back on the 2 10/325s every 4 hours.
    When the results are known I'm hoping my oncologist will start me on additional treatment. If not I'll be raising a fuss. I believe the aggressive nature means there's not a lot of time to sit back and see if something is working. Need to try to get ahead or I'd settle for even.
    Now the good news. I have had no side effects other than a bit of lower leg pain. I know side effects have nothing to do with the effectiveness of treatment but then again, the old "No pain, no gain" always comes to mind. I used that a lot while dealing with all the horrid side effects from Taxotare.
    I'll let you all know what I find out on the 26th. Sure is a long way off. But that's one of the hardest parts of having cancer. The waiting. We've all been through this.
    Hugs to everyone
    Lynne
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

Blood tests
    Hi,
    I will get the results of the markers and blood calcium (I assume) on the 26th when I see my oncologist. I'm anticipating they'll be raised just due to more areas that are hurting. I had a wonderful day I think it was Sunday. Not one pain pill. I guess the cancer took a day off and rested too. Today it started before dawn and so back on the 2 10/325s every 4 hours.
    When the results are known I'm hoping my oncologist will start me on additional treatment. If not I'll be raising a fuss. I believe the aggressive nature means there's not a lot of time to sit back and see if something is working. Need to try to get ahead or I'd settle for even.
    Now the good news. I have had no side effects other than a bit of lower leg pain. I know side effects have nothing to do with the effectiveness of treatment but then again, the old "No pain, no gain" always comes to mind. I used that a lot while dealing with all the horrid side effects from Taxotare.
    I'll let you all know what I find out on the 26th. Sure is a long way off. But that's one of the hardest parts of having cancer. The waiting. We've all been through this.
    Hugs to everyone
    Lynne

Lynne..
    I too, am praying, you'll get the good results you're hoping for...keep the faith and keep us posted as you feel up to it...

Know you have an entire pink sisterhood praying and wishing you the best...

Big hugs, Nancy
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Blood tests
    Hi,
    Hugs to everyone
    Lynne

Praying you get good results
    Praying you get good results too Lynne. Be sure and post when you can.

Hugs, Angie
  • Noel
    Options
    Angie2U said:

Praying you get good results
    Praying you get good results too Lynne. Be sure and post when you can.

Hugs, Angie

Just wanted to add my
    Just wanted to add my prayers for you Lynne this week. Post to let us know.

Hugs, Noel
  • NewOne39
    NewOne39 Member Posts: 29
    Options
    Noel said:

Just wanted to add my
    Just wanted to add my prayers for you Lynne this week. Post to let us know.

Hugs, Noel

Prayers for you
    Found this on the internet . . .who knows it might help

FRIDAY, July 20 (HealthDay News) -- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Friday approved the use of the drug Afinitor (everolimus) for use by women with a particular form of advanced breast cancer.

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/news/articles/2012/07/20/fda-gives-nod-to-new-breast-cancer-drug

I pray you will be better soon.
  • Lynne Logan
    Options
    NewOne39 said:

Prayers for you
    Found this on the internet . . .who knows it might help

FRIDAY, July 20 (HealthDay News) -- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Friday approved the use of the drug Afinitor (everolimus) for use by women with a particular form of advanced breast cancer.

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/news/articles/2012/07/20/fda-gives-nod-to-new-breast-cancer-drug

I pray you will be better soon.

Thanks
    Thank you for this information. Always good to know there are new options being approved all the time.
  • Lynne Logan
    Options

Big hugs, Jan

Went early
    Hi everyone,
    My appointment got moved up to yesterday. My oncologist didn't give me anything new for pain but at least I told him I was taking 2 of the 10/325 instead of 1 every 4 hours as he had prescribed. Now we've gotten to that point perhaps he'll understand when I need something stronger. For right now I'm ok though as I'm becoming used to chronic pain and it isn't as bad the pain I was having before.
    Anyway as for the tumor marker tests, one was stable and the other was about double. But he said that was normal after only 1 infusion and we should see some improvement after my next infusion. Let's hope.
    He has way too many patients and it's difficult to have any quality time with him. He writing just about my whole visit except when he's actually examining me. If I didn't trust him so much I'd find a less busy oncologist.......but you have to figure he's busy for a good reason.
    So next chemo will be this coming Saturday and with any luck I'll continue to have no side effects. Or at the most, minor ones. After the misery of Taxotere I'm really surprised and pleased.
    Thanks to all of you for caring so much.
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Went early
    Hi everyone,
    My appointment got moved up to yesterday. My oncologist didn't give me anything new for pain but at least I told him I was taking 2 of the 10/325 instead of 1 every 4 hours as he had prescribed. Now we've gotten to that point perhaps he'll understand when I need something stronger. For right now I'm ok though as I'm becoming used to chronic pain and it isn't as bad the pain I was having before.
    Anyway as for the tumor marker tests, one was stable and the other was about double. But he said that was normal after only 1 infusion and we should see some improvement after my next infusion. Let's hope.
    He has way too many patients and it's difficult to have any quality time with him. He writing just about my whole visit except when he's actually examining me. If I didn't trust him so much I'd find a less busy oncologist.......but you have to figure he's busy for a good reason.
    So next chemo will be this coming Saturday and with any luck I'll continue to have no side effects. Or at the most, minor ones. After the misery of Taxotere I'm really surprised and pleased.
    Thanks to all of you for caring so much.

Lynne
    Praying you have no side effects with your next chemo Lynne.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    Kristin N said:

Lynne
    Praying you have no side effects with your next chemo Lynne.

Good luck with chemo on
    Good luck with chemo on Saturday Lynne! You amaze me! You are always in my thoughts and prayers!

Big hugs,

Angie
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Angie2U said:

Good luck with chemo on
    Good luck with chemo on Saturday Lynne! You amaze me! You are always in my thoughts and prayers!

Big hugs,

Angie

This is great Lynne that you
    This is great Lynne that you are having little side effects with this chemo. Praying it continues!