Little bump in the road, I guess?

Options
2»

Comments

• debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options

Sending you positive
    Sending you positive thoughts that it is nothing Live,Laugh and Love coming your way and a big Hug for you
    Hugs Frankie

More
    More prayers, hugs and positive thoughts on the way!

Hugs, Debi
  • MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    Options
    jamiegww said:

Mary
    It was difficult for me to read your posts because I felt like we were going down the same road. The three months between scans I tried really hard to not think about it but the closer I got to the repeat scan, the harder it got to forget about it. I went through so many senarios in my head that I thought I was prepared for anything.

I will be keeping up with your results.

HUGS!!!
    Jamie

Hi Jamie
    It's been a bumpy

Hi Jamie

It's been a bumpy ride right from the start. I have to say, that with the support and knowledge of the ladies and men here, I have been able to breath a little bit easier. I feel I am prepared for whatever comes my way.

My husband and I had a serious discussion about how to or where to go from here. There are so many scenarios that can actually happen. I have been on the verge of calling Sloan Kettering for a while now but just can't seem to do it. Even though I worry that my nodules are a sign of "not so good news", I don't want to move any faster in finding out. It's too scary for me. The last report I got is so unnerving and troubling to me but I honestly don't want to cross a new bridge until I have to. Hubby wants me to make the call NOW. I want to, but I don't ... I have the next CT scan scheduled for the end of July. I figure I can wait. If these nodules are cancer, I've learned that it can be (most likely) slow growing. I figure, what's a month? For me, that month of waiting will give me some much needed doctor free time.

In June, I only see 2 doctors for non related stuff. I've been gardening, reading books I haven't had time for. I've been reaching out to others who need help with their daily doings and it keeps me moving. It feels wonderful to be here when someone really needs me. Not the other way around. I've always been the "go to" person with friends and family. I've missed that.

SO I am taking one day at a time. Planning retirement with my husband. It's so exciting imagining a move to the south with him and just re-acquainting ourselves to being Husband and Wife.

Stay strong and just let it be. It does work.

Hugs and positive thought being sent your way.

xoxo
    Mary
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Sending you positive
    Sending you positive thoughts that it is nothing Live,Laugh and Love coming your way and a big Hug for you
    Hugs Frankie

I am also sending you lots
    I am also sending you lots of positive thoughts, gentle hugs and prayers.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    SIROD said:

Experience Is The Same For All!

Dear Jamie,

We always think we are prepared. Even after all these years for me (going on 18 years since diagnose in August) I find that the same emotions surface with some new bump in the road that I didn't expect.

Cyberknife sounds great!

Please don't apologize. It doesn't matter if it's one or 90 tumors, we don't want any of those horrors. The whole process of the experience is the same for everyone going through another round of this awful disease.

I was very calm in 2008 too. My oncologist showed me the CT & PET scans together on what I called the plastic woman on the computer screen. I could see the lungs were totally lighted up. I remember thinking, you should be falling apart instead of being intrigued with this new technology. I remained pretty calm most of the time since, but some new bump occasionally sends me off that track.

We are all here for you,

A gentle hug to you.

Doris

Good luck with your PET scan
    Good luck with your PET scan and biopsy. I will be praying for you Jamie.

Hugs, Kylez
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

Jamie, I'm sending some positive energy your way
    It's true--you really won't know exactly what it is until further testing is done. I don't have a problem with being in denial--it's just another coping mechanism--in my opinion, better than being curled up in a dark closet. I was just re-diagnosed at Stage IV due to bone mets. There are some days when I just pretend life is unchanged since pre-diagnosis 2 1/2 years ago. And, you know what, sometimes it works. That's not to say I have my head in the sand--I'm currently undergoing recommended treatment.

Keep the positive thoughts flowing and let us know.

Hugs, Renee

We will all be praying for
    We will all be praying for this little bump in the road for you Jamie.

Hugs, Noel
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    mom62 said:

Sharing
    Glad you feel comfortable here to share. I hope it's nothing and sending positive vibes your way. I'm stage 4 have been for three years now. Good luck with all the testing.
    Positivity, you can't be in denial if you don't know what it is yet.

Terry

Positive thoughts, big cyber
    Positive thoughts, big cyber hugs and lots and lots of prayers!
  • ajdebbs
    ajdebbs Member Posts: 18
    Options
    God bless you
    God bless you hun......prayers are abundant.......
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    salls41 said:

Positive thoughts
    Sending positive thoughts your way!
    Sandy

Praying for good news!Hugs,
    Praying for good news!

Hugs, Jan
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    jamiegww said:

Sandy
    I'm sending positive thoughts to you too. I hope you are healing well. I've been sitting by the phone all morning hoping someone will call with appointments info but just realized........this is Friday. I'm going to try to separate myself from the phone but will definitely resume first thing Monday morning.

HUGS!!!
    Jamie

Did you find anything out
    Did you find anything out yesterday Jamie?

Praying,

Megan
  • jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    Options
    Megan M said:

Did you find anything out
    Did you find anything out yesterday Jamie?

Praying,

Megan

Megan
    Thanks for asking but I won't know anything until I see my onc on Thursday. I don't know if I will need a biopsy. It probably depends on whatever the PET shows. I hope the PET worked the way it is supposed to. I was moving more that I should have due to the pain in my right arm. I tried to reposition it so it wouldn't hurt so much. After freaking out most of yesterday I am kind of mentally numb today.

HUGS!!!
    Jamie
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    jamiegww said:

Megan
    Thanks for asking but I won't know anything until I see my onc on Thursday. I don't know if I will need a biopsy. It probably depends on whatever the PET shows. I hope the PET worked the way it is supposed to. I was moving more that I should have due to the pain in my right arm. I tried to reposition it so it wouldn't hurt so much. After freaking out most of yesterday I am kind of mentally numb today.

HUGS!!!
    Jamie

I am sending you good luck
    I am sending you good luck for Thursday Jamie! Post when you can to let us know your results.

Praying!!!
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Have you gotten an answer yet?
    Putting you in prayer in the mean time.
  • jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    Options

Have you gotten an answer yet?
    Putting you in prayer in the mean time.

Thanks for putting me in your prayers.
    I called to make sure I was still on for tomorrow morning since my PET was so late and I was told they had the results and would see me tomorrow. I'm hoping maybe the PET indicated I don't need a biopsy. If it doesn't, I'll deal with it but it doesn't hurt to think good thoughts until I hear different. I'll post as soon as I get home tomorrow.

HUGS!!!
    Jamie