MRI results have me very worried help!!!

mollyz
mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
Hey ladies, i had an MRI May 8 and have waited all month for the results well i got them today there seems to be something in the mastectomy side but not in the scare that showed a spot my Dr. did a ultra sound in the office and told me he think it's left over scare tissue from the radiation still trying to heal well i finished radiation last year in April i don'
t know what to think at this point i need your prayers,i go this Saturday for a pet/scan.i just need you guy's really bad right now,my original was 95% estrogen + and I've been on femara now a year,load the bus we got to ride Saturday. and i expect everybody on board.~~MOLLYZ~~

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Molly...
    I have to have my Neulasta shot on Saturday morning as I have chemo Friday morning, so the bus needs to pick mr up at my cancer center...lol. I'll hang off the back if it's full...trying to make you laugh for a minute.......

What did the written report say about the MRI? I think it's important to see what the radiologist who " read" the MRI wrote in his report....also the PET scan should give more info...I personally find it hard to believe that being almost 14 months out from radiation, that it's still "healing" but I'm not a doctor either...I've had radiation 3 different times, breast, clavicle nodes, and 10 rads to the brain...finished that almost 10 weeks ago...each time my rads oncologist, who I absolutely adore, said that it takes about as long to recover from rads as the treatment itself...my first go round was 33 treatments, second was 25 and the 10 to the brain....the 10 took me until 2 weeks ago to start feeling better...I was warned about the fatigue from brain rads...boy were they right! And I went from my last brain rads straight to the surgical part of radiology department and had a port implanted... I also am back on chemo...so that has compounded the fatigue..

I'm rambling....easy to say, but try to keep busy, anything that takes your mind off waiting for your scan and results...I'm going with scar tissue!
    Keep us posted because you know we care....
    Big hugs and prayers
    Nancy
  • salls41
    salls41 Member Posts: 340
    Prayers for you
    You are in my prayers.
    Sandy
  • mollyz
    MAJW said:

Molly...
    I have to have my Neulasta shot on Saturday morning as I have chemo Friday morning, so the bus needs to pick mr up at my cancer center...lol. I'll hang off the back if it's full...trying to make you laugh for a minute.......

What did the written report say about the MRI? I think it's important to see what the radiologist who " read" the MRI wrote in his report....also the PET scan should give more info...I personally find it hard to believe that being almost 14 months out from radiation, that it's still "healing" but I'm not a doctor either...I've had radiation 3 different times, breast, clavicle nodes, and 10 rads to the brain...finished that almost 10 weeks ago...each time my rads oncologist, who I absolutely adore, said that it takes about as long to recover from rads as the treatment itself...my first go round was 33 treatments, second was 25 and the 10 to the brain....the 10 took me until 2 weeks ago to start feeling better...I was warned about the fatigue from brain rads...boy were they right! And I went from my last brain rads straight to the surgical part of radiology department and had a port implanted... I also am back on chemo...so that has compounded the fatigue..

I'm rambling....easy to say, but try to keep busy, anything that takes your mind off waiting for your scan and results...I'm going with scar tissue!
    Keep us posted because you know we care....
    Big hugs and prayers
    Nancy

@Nancy
    I didn't see the report it was mailed to my surgeon and he told me they wasn't for sure what it was it just was a spot and he (the surgeon) did and ultra sound on it and said it was 9cm and he thought it was left over scar tissue and he felt better after he done the ultra sound ,i was already scheduled for my yearly pet/scan saturday.~~MollyZ~~
  • mollyz
    salls41 said:

Prayers for you
    You are in my prayers.
    Sandy

@salls41
    Thanks for the prayers,,welcome to the boards ~~MollyZ~~
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    mollyz said:

@salls41
    Thanks for the prayers,,welcome to the boards ~~MollyZ~~

Molly, a "spot" can be many things
    Try to think positive whenever you can that this is just one of the hundreds of other things this could be. I am sending you all my positive energy today and a bucketful of prayers.

Hang in there and let us know.

Hugs, Renee
  • eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    Bus
    Prayers already being said, and packed a bag to ride the bus!!
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Hi Molly,
    I had a CT scan

Hi Molly,

I had a CT scan that showed a 'spot' on my liver...to this day my liver is fine and the spot is nothing. I hope that your spot is nothing too.

Hugs,

Linda
  • mollyz
    eihtak said:

Bus
    Prayers already being said, and packed a bag to ride the bus!!

I just had thought
    I haven't had a MRI since my mastectomy, i had a mammogram last year of the unaffected breast but maybe i am getting worked up over nothing because the radiologist wanted my MRI scans that i had had at another hospital a year before i was diagnosed to compare and with this MRI so there was really no comparison,prayer is really going to turn this around for me keep praying pink sisters!!!!!~~MollyZ~~
  • mollyz

Hi Molly,
    I had a CT scan

Hi Molly,

I had a CT scan that showed a 'spot' on my liver...to this day my liver is fine and the spot is nothing. I hope that your spot is nothing too.

Hugs,

Linda

Hi Linda
    I was told by my Dr. you can cut grass a day or two before a scan and it'll show up as a spot on your lungs i did it once.wow it's something all the time Hugs ~~MollyZ~~
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    missrenee said:

Molly, a "spot" can be many things
    Try to think positive whenever you can that this is just one of the hundreds of other things this could be. I am sending you all my positive energy today and a bucketful of prayers.

Hang in there and let us know.

Hugs, Renee

Prayers on the way!
    Hugs,

Prayers on the way!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    mollyz said:

I just had thought
    I haven't had a MRI since my mastectomy, i had a mammogram last year of the unaffected breast but maybe i am getting worked up over nothing because the radiologist wanted my MRI scans that i had had at another hospital a year before i was diagnosed to compare and with this MRI so there was really no comparison,prayer is really going to turn this around for me keep praying pink sisters!!!!!~~MollyZ~~

I will be on the bus and I
    I will be on the bus and I will be praying Molly.

Hugs, Megan
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Hi Molly,
    I had a CT scan

Hi Molly,

Hugs,

Linda

Praying for you MollyZ.
    Big

Praying for you MollyZ.

Big hugs,

Angie
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Hi Molly,
    I had a CT scan

Hi Molly,

Hugs,

Linda

I am sending you all the
    I am sending you all the support, prayers and hugs that one can send!

Sue :)
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    salls41 said:

Prayers for you
    You are in my prayers.
    Sandy

Prayers and hugs!

Prayers and hugs!
  • mollyz
    Ritzy said:

I am sending you all the
    I am sending you all the support, prayers and hugs that one can send!

Sue :)

Thanks!
    Thank you all for your prayers,this really shook me more than the initial diagnosis i mean im really in a bad way,i just want to be by myself.i will be looking forward to you all Saturday morning "we" have to be at the hospital for the pet/scan at 11:00 i really have to sike myself out for this test cause im a little claustrophobic. i will be looking for all of you ~~MollyZ~~
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    mollyz said:

Thanks!
    Thank you all for your prayers,this really shook me more than the initial diagnosis i mean im really in a bad way,i just want to be by myself.i will be looking forward to you all Saturday morning "we" have to be at the hospital for the pet/scan at 11:00 i really have to sike myself out for this test cause im a little claustrophobic. i will be looking for all of you ~~MollyZ~~

We're all here for you, Molly
    I hope after your MRI, that the pink bus can drop me off in Sacramento to meet the girls for lunch. Oh! I bet we'll all be aboard, just starting to visit sooner.

Seriously, the worry and emotions of a potential recurrence must be overwhelming. That initial dx is enough! I'm praying the scan will be clear and set your mind at ease.

Suzanne
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    You bet I will be on that bus
    Mollyz,

please try not to worry too much. You will have my
    positive thoughts and energy coming your way. I know
    how hard it is to keep the dark thoughts and the fear
    at bay but we are all here encircling you with our love
    and care.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    I'm on the bus too:) Hugs
    I'm on the bus too:) Hugs and prayers for you that we get some good news:)
    Miles of Love,
    ~Kari
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    aysemari said:

You bet I will be on that bus
    Mollyz,

please try not to worry too much. You will have my
    positive thoughts and energy coming your way. I know
    how hard it is to keep the dark thoughts and the fear
    at bay but we are all here encircling you with our love
    and care.

Hugs,
    Ayse

I will be there bright and
    I will be there bright and early to support you on the pink bus.

Hugs and lots of prayers,

Kylez
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

I'm on the bus too:) Hugs
    I'm on the bus too:) Hugs and prayers for you that we get some good news:)
    Miles of Love,
    ~Kari

on the bus ...
    bumping up ...