Comments

• meaganb
    meaganb Member Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Sam999 said:

Megan,
    I agree about the

Megan,

I agree about the sleep part, just not getting up and going will be a big help. I am few weeks behind you guys. My last last rad is june 27th. Things are going downhill a bit for me too. My thoart is hurting a lot...my mouth is doing okay.

I wish that all goes well this week and you are on your road to fast recovery.

Sam

Thanks Sam!
    I have 4 treatments left! I'm feeling very lucky that I only needed 30 treatments and not 35. I'm feeling pretty crummy. I'm physically feeling done but I have an amazing husband who keeps pushing me forward, sometimes literally:) I also have daily help with my daughter. A friend comes and keeps her during the day so I can sleep. I was never expecting to get this worn out when treatment started. I wish my Dr would have been a little more honest with me. Think maybe they took for granted how young I am, but then again I know some people continue working all the way through radiation.... You're doing well Sam! Don't be afraid to ask for pain meds when you need them and don't feel like you can't take them. Usually when I'm feeling my worst my husband reminds me that it's time for another dose of pain meds and the world doesn't look quite so bad after that:)
  • Ingrid K
    Ingrid K Member Posts: 813
    Options
    meaganb said:

Thanks Sam!
    I have 4 treatments left! I'm feeling very lucky that I only needed 30 treatments and not 35. I'm feeling pretty crummy. I'm physically feeling done but I have an amazing husband who keeps pushing me forward, sometimes literally:) I also have daily help with my daughter. A friend comes and keeps her during the day so I can sleep. I was never expecting to get this worn out when treatment started. I wish my Dr would have been a little more honest with me. Think maybe they took for granted how young I am, but then again I know some people continue working all the way through radiation.... You're doing well Sam! Don't be afraid to ask for pain meds when you need them and don't feel like you can't take them. Usually when I'm feeling my worst my husband reminds me that it's time for another dose of pain meds and the world doesn't look quite so bad after that:)

4...3....2......1 and done
    Meagan, yeah for you... 4 left is like a no brainer ! sorry you are feeling so poorly, but I am glad you can sleep after treatment every day. best thing you can do. I think doctors don't tell you how bad you will feel or about some of the other side effects, or none of us would ever go thru with the treatments ! Good caregiver Hubby you have ! He is so right to stay on top of the dosage times on the pain meds. It is much easier to stay ahead of the pain than trying to "fix" it after it has gotten worse. GOOD LUCK on the next 4 days.
  • Ingrid K
    Ingrid K Member Posts: 813
    Options
    Sam999 said:

Megan,
    I agree about the

Megan,

I agree about the sleep part, just not getting up and going will be a big help. I am few weeks behind you guys. My last last rad is june 27th. Things are going downhill a bit for me too. My thoart is hurting a lot...my mouth is doing okay.

I wish that all goes well this week and you are on your road to fast recovery.

Sam

keep on chuggin along, Sam
    Sam, hang in there. the next few weeks may drag, but you will be heading towards the finish line and the light at the end of the tunnel.....or the last bus stop. You are probably getting to the worst side effects about now, so don't hesitate to ask for and take the pain meds.... cancer pain is unlike any other, don't try and tough it out.

Wishing you a quick trip to the end of the line....so you too can get off the bus !
  • Sue22
    Sue22 Member Posts: 99
    Options
    Very glad
    I am very happy for you you Meagan. It will get better. Sue
  • nick770
    nick770 Member Posts: 195
    Options
    Sue22 said:

Very glad
    I am very happy for you you Meagan. It will get better. Sue

hang in there you are almost