20 treatments done! Woo Hoo!

meaganb
meaganb Member Posts: 244 Member
I think my last few posts on here were pretty negative so I thought I'd post something a little more positive. There was a point in my 3rd week of treatment when I thought I really wouldn't be able to finish. I was in so much pain all the time. I couldn't drink anything without MM and I was getting dehydrated because water burned going down. I just started week 5 and I feel so much better. I'm still on an all liquid diet but I ditched the Boost for smoothies from Bolthouse Farms. I think having the real nutrition in them is making me feel better. I'm able to drink without using MM. I occasionally use it in the middle of the night if my mouth gets really dry and painful. It's still not a cake walk, but it's definitely much better. My RO told me today that it's pretty normal for pain to peak around week 4 for a lot of people. This gives me hope that I'll recover quickly afterwards. I know it won't be over night, but I miss solid food SO much. 10 treatments left for me. Good luck to all those that are going through the same thing right now. You can do it!!

Comments

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Woo Hoo, you betcha!
    Hi Meganb,

Good job you are almost there, the last 1/3 will go quickly. I finished March 23rd and feel pretty good. Don’t worry about being negative 99% of what you are going through is negative. I am a big fan of Magic Mouth Wash; it helped me through the night (and day). I burned through probably 5 or 6 bottles when things were bad. Now, the MM tastes, not so good. I guess I am getting taste buds back (slowly), still drinking most meals, no PEG (anymore), sampling bits of food here and there.

Good luck, stay relaxed, keep the faith, it gets better.

Matt
  • Ingrid K
    Ingrid K Member Posts: 813
    hurray for you
    Meagan, YIPPEE, you are on the downward slide now for sure. 10 treatments is now so doable isn't it ? sounds SO much better than 30. you are doing so well KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
  • phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Yeah for you, Meagan!!
    Getting thru the first 4 weeks is no small feat...glad to hear you're finding alternatives for nutrician...I think real food is better for us, also.

p
  • Tim6003
    Tim6003 Member Posts: 1,514 Member

Yeah for you, Meagan!!
    Getting thru the first 4 weeks is no small feat...glad to hear you're finding alternatives for nutrician...I think real food is better for us, also.

p

Yee - Haw Meagan....
    so glad it going better ...hang in there ....almost done! :)

Tim
  • phrannie51

Yeah for you, Meagan!!

p

It just hit me....
    we'll be finishing within a day of one another...I think my last day is June 12th...maybe we should have a party!!! LOL.

p
  • meaganb

It just hit me....
    we'll be finishing within a day of one another...I think my last day is June 12th...maybe we should have a party!!! LOL.

p

Yep! My last day is June
    Yep! My last day is June 11th! A party is definitely in order! I've already decided my Rad techs are getting cupcakes for putting up with me!!:)
  • Kent Cass
    Kent Cass Member Posts: 1,898 Member
    meaganb said:

Yep! My last day is June
    Yep! My last day is June 11th! A party is definitely in order! I've already decided my Rad techs are getting cupcakes for putting up with me!!:)

Meagan
    Great to hear it's becoming more acceptable to you- end to it is close.

kcass
  • Tim6003
    Tim6003 Member Posts: 1,514 Member
    Kent Cass said:

Meagan
    Great to hear it's becoming more acceptable to you- end to it is close.

kcass

Cyber party with Meagan and Phranie!!!!!
    Glad to hear it Meagan ....!!!

Phrannie...heard from Laralyn???

Tim
  • patricke
    patricke Member Posts: 570
    Congratulations Meagan, it's
    Congratulations Meagan, it's great to hear that you are over the hump and feeling better in all ways. Yes you can!

PATRICK
  • Laralyn
    Laralyn Member Posts: 532
    Congratulations!
    I'm glad to hear you're feeling better! I hope it continues to hold at this level and you can sail through the remaining treatments. :-)

I can also tell you that if it gets worse, you'll get through that too. We're all here to help you through whatever happens!
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Go Girl...
    You go girl....kicking cancer booty.

Best,
    John
  • ooo
    ooo Member Posts: 105
    Meaganb, you are definitely
    Meaganb, you are definitely shining!

For me too pain peaked early on, around the end of week 2. Today I'll have rad #24. We can almost ..taste the finish line! ;)

Dre.
  • phrannie51
    ooo said:

Meaganb, you are definitely
    Meaganb, you are definitely shining!

For me too pain peaked early on, around the end of week 2. Today I'll have rad #24. We can almost ..taste the finish line! ;)

Dre.

I've been wondering about you, too
    Dre......wow for you! 24 done...WAY TO GO!! Everyday, one step closer to the finish line.

p
  • DaveACC911
    DaveACC911 Member Posts: 8
    20 Treatments Done
    Great news Meagan! So glad to hear things are improving for you. A week from today will be your last treatment. You're almost done.
  • meaganb

20 Treatments Done
    Great news Meagan! So glad to hear things are improving for you. A week from today will be your last treatment. You're almost done.

Dave, treatment 25 is this
    Dave, treatment 25 is this morning and unfortunately things have headed back down hill. I'm using MM again religiously and just feeling crummy overall. But, on the bright side this is my last full week of treatment! Almost done. I'll be glad when I don't have to get up and go somewhere every day and I can just sleep. Sleep seems to be much better during the daytime for some reason. Maybe I need to kick my husband out of the bed at night?!?
  • jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Good for you!
    I pray the worst is behind you.

Debbie
  • phrannie51
    meaganb said:

Dave, treatment 25 is this morning and unfortunately things have headed back down hill. I'm using MM again religiously and just feeling crummy overall. But, on the bright side this is my last full week of treatment! Almost done. I'll be glad when I don't have to get up and go somewhere every day and I can just sleep. Sleep seems to be much better during the daytime for some reason. Maybe I need to kick my husband out of the bed at night?!?

With luck and a good tech....the machine will
    be up and running today...and I'll be getting my 26th rad out of 35....single digits here I come!!

p
  • DaveACC911
    DaveACC911 Member Posts: 8
    meaganb said:

Just six more days and a wake-up
    And they'll be strapping you down on the machine for the last time. Sorry to hear about your return to the bad old days, but you're absolutely right, the end is in sight. As far as your husband goes....
  • meaganb

Just six more days and a wake-up
    And they'll be strapping you down on the machine for the last time. Sorry to hear about your return to the bad old days, but you're absolutely right, the end is in sight. As far as your husband goes....

Haha!
    He's used to being banished to the guest room. I had to do the same thing at the end of my pregnancy which coincidentally was this very same time last year. My baby will be 1 on Friday. Funny, When I was in the hospital last year having her I surely didn't see this as my next medical journey. Life certainly has a way of surprising you though.
  • Sam999
    Sam999 Member Posts: 319 Member
    jim and i said:

Good for you!
    I pray the worst is behind you.

Debbie

Megan,
    I agree about the

Megan,

I agree about the sleep part, just not getting up and going will be a big help. I am few weeks behind you guys. My last last rad is june 27th. Things are going downhill a bit for me too. My thoart is hurting a lot...my mouth is doing okay.

I wish that all goes well this week and you are on your road to fast recovery.

Sam