• StaceyPMD1121
    StaceyPMD1121 Member Posts: 65
    Options
    mollyz said:

Welcome!
    It's nice to meet you Stacey,welcome to the boards. ~~MollyZ~~

New Here

Hi mollyz,

It's nice to meet you. Thank you for welcoming me to the boards.

Have a Great Holiday,
    Stacey
  • StaceyPMD1121
    Options

Hi stace
    This is a wonderful board, i'm will get my third treatment of taxotere, carboplatin and herceptin (TCH) on Wednesday. Had my first treatment without the port and the second with it, its so nice to not have to get poked in the arm. It's ok to cry and get the emotions out but definately find things to make you laugh and people who make you happy

New Here

Hi Monicalynn,

My middle name is lynn. good luck to you with your chemo and my prayers are with you. My chemo drugs are taxotere, adriamycin, and cyclophosphamide (TAC). My first chemo is June 8th. I have rolling veins so the blood lab tech and surgeon suggested the chemo port. Thanks for your advice.

Have a Good Holiday,
    Stacey
  • StaceyPMD1121
    Options
    MAJW said:

Hate...
    I hate the reason you're here but glad you found " us"... What type of bc do you have? Do you know what your chemo cocktail is? I am going through this again..but my first go round I had Taxotere/Cytoxin....my hair fell out on exactly day 14....I had already had it buzzed and bought my wig...I only wore it out in public and wore soft caps at home...my scalp was sore when it came out...I used and am using baby shampoo, as I am bald again due to radiation to the brain.....make sure you have a prescription for nausea meds and take it religiously! I did and never had even had the first wave of nausea....i started it the day before and continued after the infusion for 3 days....drink drink drink water...you want to flush the chemo out....your taste buds may disappear for 4-7 days, mine did...just experiment with food....keep well hydrated!

I had my port installed 9 weeks ago....I was nervous about that...fear of the unknown...it was done under conscious sedation...in the radiology department...no big deal, actually...once they brought me out of the sedation I drank a coke and ate some crackers and sent me on my way...I was super glued, for both incisions, which is great, no sutures! As freaked out as I was about it, it's great when I have my chemo every 2 weeks...they gave me a prescription for a cream that numbs...I glop it on 1-2 hours before the infusion cover it with Press and Seal...I feel nothing when they access it...it's a real blessing! No arm sticks!

Please keep posting...there's a wealth of experience here...remember everyone is different....but you can ask anything here...
    Hugs, Nancy

New Here

Hi MAJW,

I have Stage II infiltrating duct cancer, I had a lumpectomy to remove 4 lumps the biggest lump was 3 cm. My chemo starts June 8th and my chemo drugs are taxotere, adriamycin, and cyclophosphamide (TAC). My doctor said my hair will come out 1-3 weeks after my first chemo. I will cut my hair off also to a buzz cut two days before my first chemo to lessen the shock. I will get my cousin who makes wigs to do some for me. I will also try scarves and hats when it is hot. Thanks for the great advice.

Have a Good Holiday,
    Stacey
  • StaceyPMD1121
    Options
    missrenee said:

Welcome, Stacey
    So sorry you have to be here, but this place is my lifeline. Come here for advice, a shoulder to cry on, a place to rant or rave or just a non-judgemental, loving place to talk it out. We, here on this board, understand like no others.

I dreaded the thought of chemo (had six rounds of TAC). I was so scared, I was literally shaking in my shoes. As my husband held my arm, walking me in, I thought, okay--I can do this and I will do it in the bravest way possible.

Now for the funny part--as I walked into the chemo room, several patients were already hooked up to their various chemos. I smiled and said hi and then promptly knocked over an IV pole which clattered to the floor. Thankfully, no one was hooked up to it. Then, I thought, well I better sit down ASAP. I sat in a recliner and the chair broke! By this time I think everyone was thinking--who is this klutz?! Well, we all had a good laugh and I felt that God was messing with me to get me to lighten up. And, you know what, I sailed through that chemo.

My best of luck and most positive energy going out to you, Stacey. Remember--in the words of Winne the Pooh--You're stronger than you seem and braver than you believe.

Hugs, Renee

New Here

Hi missrenee,

My chemo starts June 8th and my chemo drugs are TAC small world. I will probably act like you my first day. Yes, I do believe God was trying to loosen you up. I hope he does not loosen me up the same way. If he does okay, as long as someone gets a laugh out of it including me!!!I shall remember Winnie the Pooh. Thanks for your support.

Have a Great Holiday,
    Stacey
  • MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    Options

New Here

Hi mollyz,

It's nice to meet you. Thank you for welcoming me to the boards.

Have a Great Holiday,
    Stacey

Great to meet you too
    I feel a bit insensitive to your plight. BUT you said you wanted to laugh.

Please accept my hugs as I welcome you to our humble group. I have the same diagnosis as you. Stage II, IDC. Chemo was suggested as a first "attack", but I begged off. I really did not want it. I had my mind made up even before seeing the oncologist for the first time. She ordered a test that came back which stated I didn't really need chemo. :)

I send you positive thoughts as you start and complete treatments.

OH ... I will stop in every now and again with a joke or 2.

Love your spirit!

Mary
  • Bryanna22
    Bryanna22 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Hello
    Hello, I do understand your anxiety. I too was diagnosed with stage 11 breast cancer. My treatment is in reverse of yours. I had chemotheray first with surgery to follow. I will be having a mastectomy with reconstruction in about a month. How many cycles of chemo will you have. There are some changes that you will experience as you go through the process. Hair loss but wigs and scarfs are great to have, numbness and tingling to fingers and toes, when this happened be sure to report the changes to your oncologist. Please take one day at a time, keep laughing and stay positive.
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Options
    Bryanna22 said:

Hello
    Hello, I do understand your anxiety. I too was diagnosed with stage 11 breast cancer. My treatment is in reverse of yours. I had chemotheray first with surgery to follow. I will be having a mastectomy with reconstruction in about a month. How many cycles of chemo will you have. There are some changes that you will experience as you go through the process. Hair loss but wigs and scarfs are great to have, numbness and tingling to fingers and toes, when this happened be sure to report the changes to your oncologist. Please take one day at a time, keep laughing and stay positive.

Welcome, Stacey
    So sorry that you have had to join this group. I hope your treatment goes well.
    As far as jokes go, I have found lots of them on the teachers.net website. (I am a retired teacher.) (((Hugs))) and prayers sent your way!
  • eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Welcome...
    Its always kind of sad to welcome new people, but so comforting to know we have this sort of family to turn to. I was just diagnosed with Breast Cancer (slow growing secretory carcinoma) in Feb. and had a double mastectomy in March. Although I did not need chemo or rads I am just one year out from treatment for Stage3+ Anal Cancer and was treated with chemo/rad for that. It was hard on me and I got very ill and ended up in a nursing home on TPN for a couple months. I just could not keep down any food and should have tried harder to sip things like Boost or Ensure. They say a little makes a big difference so try to do your best. I was already quite run down when starting chemo and don't think most people end up as I did. I still have my port and it makes lab work so nice and easy. This whole journey is an emotional rollercoaster, and sometimes we just need to scream! I sleep off and on, but always feel like I'm rested enough...I think when I do sleep, although short its a deep sleep. My grandpa used to say that crying was good and made your eyes sparkle....we must all shine like stars when together! This is a great site with helpful support from people who have been through similar experiences, we are all survivors, sometimes I like to think I am a tourist on a bad vacation but meeting some very cool people!! We will be thinking of you and praying for smooth sailing. As always, all in my prayers.
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    Welcome to the boards
    Welcome to the boards Stacey. Sorry your dx is how you found us but I'm super glad that you did. I love your attitude, you'll go far with it, and always remember this place is here for laughs or cries.
    Hugs~Kari
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Options

Welcome to the boards
    Welcome to the boards Stacey. Sorry your dx is how you found us but I'm super glad that you did. I love your attitude, you'll go far with it, and always remember this place is here for laughs or cries.
    Hugs~Kari

So glad
    you found this board - it's the best place for venting, getting lots of information, but most of all - lots of love and support!
    My dx was almost the same as yours - one of the tumors was too big so I opted for a masectomy - right side - then I had the same cocktail - ACT. I had to do the chemo 'dense dose' - every two weeks rather than every three. At the time I was 54 (in 2009) and still had not begun menopause - I was told the chemo would probably put me into menopause - (actually, midway between my chemo, sure enough - menopause! I think I started it on the way home after that first taxol cocktail - my first hot flash and my husband wanted me to ride on the roof of the car!)
    Anyway, your attitude with help so very much - my prayers and positive energy will be with you as you begin another part of your journey on June 8 -- keep us posted and know we are all 'with' you and you are already a beloved pink sister!
    -Jenny
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

New Here

Hi Laughs_a_lot,

Thanks for the welcome. That is a funny story about your ex-husband. Enjoy your life to the fullest. Continue to laugh every chance you get.

Have a Great Holiday,
    Stacey

Hi Stacey and welcome to the
    Hi Stacey and welcome to the greatest site for support and information!

Hugs, Diane
  • StaceyPMD1121
    Options
    MsGebby said:

Great to meet you too
    I feel a bit insensitive to your plight. BUT you said you wanted to laugh.

Please accept my hugs as I welcome you to our humble group. I have the same diagnosis as you. Stage II, IDC. Chemo was suggested as a first "attack", but I begged off. I really did not want it. I had my mind made up even before seeing the oncologist for the first time. She ordered a test that came back which stated I didn't really need chemo. :)

I send you positive thoughts as you start and complete treatments.

OH ... I will stop in every now and again with a joke or 2.

Love your spirit!

Mary

New Here

Hi MsGebby,

Thanks for your support and jokes. I guess since I had 4 tumors and cancer in one lympy node I opted for the chemo. I will say my prayers that Jesus will get me through chemo. Thanks for the positive thoughts.

Love your spirit & Keep Us All Laughing,
    Stacey
  • StaceyPMD1121
    Options
    Bryanna22 said:

Hello

New Here

Hi Bryanna22,

I think I have to do 6 cycles of chemo. I will be sure to report any side effects to my doctor. Thanks for the great advice. My prayers are with you that all goes well and that you heal quickly. You stay postive, laugh and enjoy life each and every day.

Peace & Blessings,
    Stacey
  • StaceyPMD1121
    Options
    eihtak said:

Welcome...
    Its always kind of sad to welcome new people, but so comforting to know we have this sort of family to turn to. I was just diagnosed with Breast Cancer (slow growing secretory carcinoma) in Feb. and had a double mastectomy in March. Although I did not need chemo or rads I am just one year out from treatment for Stage3+ Anal Cancer and was treated with chemo/rad for that. It was hard on me and I got very ill and ended up in a nursing home on TPN for a couple months. I just could not keep down any food and should have tried harder to sip things like Boost or Ensure. They say a little makes a big difference so try to do your best. I was already quite run down when starting chemo and don't think most people end up as I did. I still have my port and it makes lab work so nice and easy. This whole journey is an emotional rollercoaster, and sometimes we just need to scream! I sleep off and on, but always feel like I'm rested enough...I think when I do sleep, although short its a deep sleep. My grandpa used to say that crying was good and made your eyes sparkle....we must all shine like stars when together! This is a great site with helpful support from people who have been through similar experiences, we are all survivors, sometimes I like to think I am a tourist on a bad vacation but meeting some very cool people!! We will be thinking of you and praying for smooth sailing. As always, all in my prayers.

New Here

Hi eihtak,

Wow, you have been through alot. My heart goes out to you. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I just looked up some info on Ensure, I think it is a non-diary food supplement. My tumors were hormone positive so I was told to avoid dairy products only do organic dairy. I have already lost my appetite, but I am trying to at least eat cereal before noon. I agree this is a great site. I have read alot of useful info. I think you are a cool person and I am glad to meet you. I wish it was under better circumstances. You never know when you will come across nice people, but I count it as a blessing. I love to communicate with people. Try to stay positive, have fun, and laugh often.

Peace & Blessings,
    Stacey
  • StaceyPMD1121
    Options

Welcome to the boards
    Hugs~Kari

New Here

Hi pinkkari09,

Thanks for the welcome and nice to meet you. I appreciate your support. My attitude comes from my faith in Jesus, because he will see me through. I will try to make us all laugh whenever I can, cause that helps to keep me going.

Peace & Blessings,
    Stacey
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

New Here

Hi pinkkari09,

Thanks for the welcome and nice to meet you. I appreciate your support. My attitude comes from my faith in Jesus, because he will see me through. I will try to make us all laugh whenever I can, cause that helps to keep me going.

Peace & Blessings,
    Stacey

welcome this is a great
    welcome! this is a great board. very active and helpful. someone always has an answer, or just there to support. i am not here as much because it can be hard to get on, but i always try to keep up. this may or may not help you, but chemo sucked for me but i did survive and thrive so you do get through! hoping you are one of the lucky ones that it goes well for!! We will be here to listen and support!
  • StaceyPMD1121
    Options

So glad
    you found this board - it's the best place for venting, getting lots of information, but most of all - lots of love and support!
    My dx was almost the same as yours - one of the tumors was too big so I opted for a masectomy - right side - then I had the same cocktail - ACT. I had to do the chemo 'dense dose' - every two weeks rather than every three. At the time I was 54 (in 2009) and still had not begun menopause - I was told the chemo would probably put me into menopause - (actually, midway between my chemo, sure enough - menopause! I think I started it on the way home after that first taxol cocktail - my first hot flash and my husband wanted me to ride on the roof of the car!)
    Anyway, your attitude with help so very much - my prayers and positive energy will be with you as you begin another part of your journey on June 8 -- keep us posted and know we are all 'with' you and you are already a beloved pink sister!
    -Jenny

New Here

Hi jennytwist,

Thanks for the welcome & support. My chemo will be 6 cycles every 3 weeks. I had a total hysterectomy in Feb. 2012 and already in menopause. I am not looking forward to an increase in hot flashes! I will take my first chemo armed with the largest fruit smoothie I can find! I was wearing my "Fight Like a Girl" for Breast Cancer tee shirt last Friday when I went to the grocery store. I asked 2 men and a woman for a taxi ride all three said no. Another woman taxi driver pulled up and read my shirt. She said she was a survivor since 1997 with a masectomy and would ride me home and help carry my bags. God Bless my pink sister for helping me!!! Thanks for adopting me into pink sisterhood. My mother always taught me to adopt your close friends into your family. When other people realize it is not a crime to share love, give hope to others, just learn how to just be a true friend, and pray often for others then we will have a better world. Glad to meet you jennytwist.

Peace & Blessings,
    Stacey
  • StaceyPMD1121
    Options
    carkris said:

welcome this is a great
    welcome! this is a great board. very active and helpful. someone always has an answer, or just there to support. i am not here as much because it can be hard to get on, but i always try to keep up. this may or may not help you, but chemo sucked for me but i did survive and thrive so you do get through! hoping you are one of the lucky ones that it goes well for!! We will be here to listen and support!

New Here

Hi carkris,

Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate the well wishes for chemo. I go to chemo armed with Jesus,prayer and a fruit smoothie!!! Ready to sit back watch cable tv, read a book, and sleep. If I can log into the survivor's network at chemo I get on the discussion board to keep you ladies posted. Thanks for the support.

Peace & Blessings,
    Stacey