Options
2»

Comments

• Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    epark said:

you will be in my prayers..
    you will be in my prayers.. I hope you can find something to keep you busy.. ( I know its easier said than done)....

God Bless
    Eva

Praying for you Mary
    Praying for you Mary
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    MsGebby said:

Thank You All
    I am having a bit of a weak moment. I apologize for sounding defeated. So much has happened since August I am just so overwhelmed.

Your support and love and prayers mean so much to me.

@Doris ... I sent you an email.

**HUGS**

Mary

You are in my prayers.
    Hugs,

You are in my prayers.

Hugs, Lex
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    SIROD said:

Your Own Oncologist
    Hi Mary,

Perhaps it would be a good time to call your oncologist an ask him what he thinks of your ct scan report. It would be a good time to ask him the questions and concerns you have about this report.

On discussion boards like this one, the women and I do include myself can only offer opinions from their perspective on their own cancer experience. I certainly am not qualified. I can't think of any other person here at the moment who is on this board. Perhaps there is, call it a memory gap.

Some online discussion boards do have RN, technicians, pharmacists and others in the medical field that can shed a more qualified light on a topic. All of them state in the same manner as this board that advise, opinions, received don't ever replace the ones given by your own qualified medical doctor.

Only you can make the decision on what to do. I wish you well with all my heart.

Doris

Mary please be proactive
    Mary
    I am very sorry that you have going through uncertainies and unclear test results.
    You are a very creative person and have had accomplished a lot. Please talk to your doctor and reach out for answers. Being your own advocate always helpful. Second or third opinion will put your mind at ease.
    Hugs and positive thoughts
    New Flower
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    SIROD said:

Your Own Oncologist
    Hi Mary,

Perhaps it would be a good time to call your oncologist an ask him what he thinks of your ct scan report. It would be a good time to ask him the questions and concerns you have about this report.

On discussion boards like this one, the women and I do include myself can only offer opinions from their perspective on their own cancer experience. I certainly am not qualified. I can't think of any other person here at the moment who is on this board. Perhaps there is, call it a memory gap.

Some online discussion boards do have RN, technicians, pharmacists and others in the medical field that can shed a more qualified light on a topic. All of them state in the same manner as this board that advise, opinions, received don't ever replace the ones given by your own qualified medical doctor.

Only you can make the decision on what to do. I wish you well with all my heart.

Doris

I am so sorry Mary. I am
    I am so sorry Mary. I am sending lots of positive thought and prayers.

Hugs, Debby
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    RE said:

:-/
    Oh Honey I hate when this type of thing happens, we feel like we are free falling but know that we are here for you! You will most certainly be in my prayers~please update when you can. In the meantime try to do something that brings you joy to rid yourself of the fear for a bit, a funny movie, a walk in nature, a good book whatever brings you joy~

Hugs,

RE

My thoughts and prayers are
    My thoughts and prayers are with you Mary.

Love, Leeza
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    sea60 said:

Deep breaths Mary!
    We always want to think the WORST! Know that you're being prayed for.

Hugs,

Sylvia

I am praying for you and I
    I am praying for you and I am here for you Mary.

Big hugs, Megan
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

Deep breaths Mary!
    We always want to think the WORST! Know that you're being prayed for.

Hugs,

Sylvia

I am going to think positive
    I am going to think positive thoughts only for you and adding some prayers too.

Hugs, Jan
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Prayers your way
    I'm hoping and praying for you. Radiation does wicked things. That's why they run these tests and look at the lungs.

You've got my prayers!

You've got my prayers!
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    Options
    jnl said:

My thoughts and prayers are
    My thoughts and prayers are with you Mary.

Love, Leeza

doctors
    I frankly wouldn't worry one bit about what the doctor thinks! This is your life and health you are talking about ! Do what gives you the most peace of mind! Get as many opinions as you need! Lots of good pink wishes and prayers to you!
  • MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    Options
    It's May 24 FINALLY
    This is the appointment I had to wait 5 weeks for regarding the thyroid issues. My insides are all-a-twitter. I know this is something that is curable IF it turns out to be cancer. Still, I am nervous as can be.

Thank you to every one of you. Every time I read your posts (which has been often) it brings tears to my eyes. Your caring touches my heart.

Peace, LOVE and health ...

Mary
  • Alexis F
    Options
    MsGebby said:

It's May 24 FINALLY
    This is the appointment I had to wait 5 weeks for regarding the thyroid issues. My insides are all-a-twitter. I know this is something that is curable IF it turns out to be cancer. Still, I am nervous as can be.

Thank you to every one of you. Every time I read your posts (which has been often) it brings tears to my eyes. Your caring touches my heart.

Mary

Wishing you the best of luck
    Wishing you the best of luck today Mary!

Hugs, Lex
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    MsGebby said:

It's May 24 FINALLY

Mary

How did your appointment go
    How did your appointment go Mary?

Prayers and lots of hugs,

Megan
  • karinna
    karinna Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Today's appt
    Hi Mary. I just read through your post and the responses. I am praying for you, as well, today and all day. I am always amazed at how much people on this site really care about each other. And there is alot of caring going out to you. Hang in there. You can do this, whatever it is. Sometimes we go day by day, sometimes hour by hour. I agree with the numerous posts - get a second opinion if you are not completely comfortable with the first. People do it all the time and I really don't think the doctors care one way or another if you do. Blessings to you, karinna
  • MsGebby
    Options
    Megan M said:

How did your appointment go
    How did your appointment go Mary?

Prayers and lots of hugs,

Megan

Well
    The doctor does not believe it's cancer ... phew! BUT ... I have a new ultrasound scheduled in 2 months and lots of blood work to go through. I am relieved. The doctor is thinking I may be suffering from hypothyroidism.

Next BIG step is the CT scan for the new lung nodules that were found on the last scan. Does this ever end? I think the tests, appointments and WAITING are the hardest parts of this whole process. After my last radiation treatment, I thought I would leave this all behind. Boy, was I wrong! June is going to be pretty quiet on the cancer front. Then July is a hotbed of activity for me. August is too.

So ... I am going to live it up in June and not think about this crap at all. I am finally going to get my garden in order. Something I love to do. It brings such peace to my mind when I am out there getting lost in the colors and fragrances of summer.

I hope and pray that you all ENJOY this beautiful weather.

xoxo

Thank you for your prayers and caring. I feel so blessed.

Mary
  • karinna
    karinna Member Posts: 42
    Options
    MsGebby said:

Well
    The doctor does not believe it's cancer ... phew! BUT ... I have a new ultrasound scheduled in 2 months and lots of blood work to go through. I am relieved. The doctor is thinking I may be suffering from hypothyroidism.

Next BIG step is the CT scan for the new lung nodules that were found on the last scan. Does this ever end? I think the tests, appointments and WAITING are the hardest parts of this whole process. After my last radiation treatment, I thought I would leave this all behind. Boy, was I wrong! June is going to be pretty quiet on the cancer front. Then July is a hotbed of activity for me. August is too.

So ... I am going to live it up in June and not think about this crap at all. I am finally going to get my garden in order. Something I love to do. It brings such peace to my mind when I am out there getting lost in the colors and fragrances of summer.

xoxo

Mary

WELL !
    Yeah !!!!!!!! So glad you had good news today. Enjoy June. Its a great month to get your hands dirty in the soil and to enjoy the flowers as they bloom.

May your garden grow and bring you a smile and a sense of inner joy. So much happiness can be found in the colors of nature. I pray for you the joy of purples, yellows, greens, oranges, reds....

karinna
  • Alexis F
    Options
    karinna said:

WELL !
    Yeah !!!!!!!! So glad you had good news today. Enjoy June. Its a great month to get your hands dirty in the soil and to enjoy the flowers as they bloom.

May your garden grow and bring you a smile and a sense of inner joy. So much happiness can be found in the colors of nature. I pray for you the joy of purples, yellows, greens, oranges, reds....

karinna

I join the other pink
    I join the other pink sisters in prayers for you.

Hugs, Lex
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    karinna said:

Today's appt
    Hi Mary. I just read through your post and the responses. I am praying for you, as well, today and all day. I am always amazed at how much people on this site really care about each other. And there is alot of caring going out to you. Hang in there. You can do this, whatever it is. Sometimes we go day by day, sometimes hour by hour. I agree with the numerous posts - get a second opinion if you are not completely comfortable with the first. People do it all the time and I really don't think the doctors care one way or another if you do. Blessings to you, karinna

Praying for you also.
    Hugs,

Praying for you also.

Hugs, Jan
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    MsGebby said:

Well

xoxo

Mary

This is good news Mary! I
    This is good news Mary! I hope that you've been able to breathe a little easier now.

Hugs, Debby
  • MsGebby
    Options
    DebbyM said:

This is good news Mary! I
    This is good news Mary! I hope that you've been able to breathe a little easier now.

Hugs, Debby

THANK You Debby
    I am totally breathing easier. To be honest, I don't even think about it now. How nice is that?

I will start worrying again when I go for my first mammogram post-diagnosis/surgery/treatment. That's in July. So, for now, June is going to be a carefree month. My garden is in need of some TLC.

How are things with you? I feel so blessed to have found this site and all the lovely ladies and men who wander the halls.

xoxo
    Mary
  • MsGebby
    Options

Praying for you also.
    Hugs,

Praying for you also.

Hugs, Jan

Hugs right back
    atcha, Jan. Thank you for thinking of me.

Life is wonderful. How can it be anything other than wonderful? I have so many sisters who care so much.

Just know that I care for all of you and pray that one day this beast is annihilated for good!

xoxo
    Mary