Options
13»

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

I'm Jean
    Had unilateral mastectomy 2 years this past week. Reconstruction. 4 rounds of chemo. 18 rounds of Herceptin. Have been on Femera for 1-1/2 year.

Been married for almost 33 years to amazing husband. Two great sons, two beautiful daughter-in-laws, and the light of my life, granddaughter, Isabella Grace.

Born and still live in Maryland.

I love to travel. I also love to meet up with my pink sisters that I met here. I have made so many special friends here. Looking forward to our Hershey meeting in September. Hope a lot of you can make it.

xoxo,
    Jean

Leave it to our beautiful Ayse!
    I'm Renee--diagnosed with IDC with 10 postive nodes (Stage 3C) in November of '09. Lumpectomy, re-excision, axillary node dissection, 6 rounds of TAC, 33 rads. Arimidex for about 18 months. Started getting back pain in Dec. 2011, diagnosed with bone mets in vertebrae/pelvis in January 2012. Had 14 rads to T-12, now on monthly injections of Faslodex and infusion of Zometa. Whew!

I was born in Utica, NY and lived there 23 years and then married my first husband (Air Force pilot). Moved around quite a bit--Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama. Had my son in 1980, divorced in 1986. Moved to NJ near sister-in-law and my son's cousins. Met the love of my life, Kevin, in 1989, on a ski trip. Married Kevin in 1993. Moved to Phoenix, AZ around 1996 and have been here ever since with Kevin and my dog, Jake, a very active Vizsla. My son and daughter-in-law (who also live in Phoenix) are expecting our first grandchild (Lincoln Max) in July and we are over the moon with excitement. I get to watch him a couple of days a week!

My favorite thing to do is anything with my husband. (sappy, but true). I love to travel--and would live in Kaua'i in a heartbeat. I also love baking, cooking and entertaining. I love to read, do crosswords, make jewelry.

What I know for sure: I'm so much strong than I ever thought (and you are too).

People I'd like to meet: Oprah, Kathy Griffin, Marilyn Monroe, John Hamm, Maya Angelou.

What I'm still learning: Live in the moment.

Hugs to all--loved your stories, Renee
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

I'm Jean
    Had unilateral mastectomy 2 years this past week. Reconstruction. 4 rounds of chemo. 18 rounds of Herceptin. Have been on Femera for 1-1/2 year.

Been married for almost 33 years to amazing husband. Two great sons, two beautiful daughter-in-laws, and the light of my life, granddaughter, Isabella Grace.

Born and still live in Maryland.

I love to travel. I also love to meet up with my pink sisters that I met here. I have made so many special friends here. Looking forward to our Hershey meeting in September. Hope a lot of you can make it.

xoxo,
    Jean

Leave it to our beautiful Ayse!
    I'm Renee--diagnosed with IDC with 10 postive nodes (Stage 3C) in November of '09. Lumpectomy, re-excision, axillary node dissection, 6 rounds of TAC, 33 rads. Arimidex for about 18 months. Started getting back pain in Dec. 2011, diagnosed with bone mets in vertebrae/pelvis in January 2012. Had 14 rads to T-12, now on monthly injections of Faslodex and infusion of Zometa. Whew!

I was born in Utica, NY and lived there 23 years and then married my first husband (Air Force pilot). Moved around quite a bit--Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama. Had my son in 1980, divorced in 1986. Moved to NJ near sister-in-law and my son's cousins. Met the love of my life, Kevin, in 1989, on a ski trip. Married Kevin in 1993. Moved to Phoenix, AZ around 1996 and have been here ever since with Kevin and my dog, Jake, a very active Vizsla. My son and daughter-in-law (who also live in Phoenix) are expecting our first grandchild (Lincoln Max) in July and we are over the moon with excitement. I get to watch him a couple of days a week!

My favorite thing to do is anything with my husband. (sappy, but true). I love to travel--and would live in Kaua'i in a heartbeat. I also love baking, cooking and entertaining. I love to read, do crosswords, make jewelry.

What I know for sure: I'm so much strong than I ever thought (and you are too).

People I'd like to meet: Oprah, Kathy Griffin, Marilyn Monroe, John Hamm, Maya Angelou.

What I'm still learning: Live in the moment.

Hugs to all--loved your stories, Renee