laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    oops
    I guess I'm twins.
  • trixytwo
    trixytwo Member Posts: 59
    Options
    Hello All
    I guess I never introduced myself properly. I was diagnosed on Oct 27, 2011. Funny, I can't seem to remember my wedding anniversary, but this date I can. Stage IV, met to bone. I live in Phoenix, married for 15 years (I think, LOL)and have twin daughters 30 yoa who live in Texas, which I consider home. Just had lumpectomy last month, and another surgery for hematoma last week, and start rads in 2 weeks. I would love to know if any of my pink sisters live in the Phoenix area.
    State of mind: dazed and confused, but mostly happy. I've learned not to sweat the small stuff.
    Person I'd like to meet: Howard Hughes
    Love to travel, cook and paint.
    Hugs to you all, I can feel the love.

Off to make a cheesecake!
    Deb
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    Options
    Hi Ladies and Gents.
    I'm

Hi Ladies and Gents.

I'm Frankie was diagnosed in May 2010 had bil.mastectomy no reconstruction on Tamoxifen for 5yrs.I love this board because when i fell sorry for my self this board just picks me right up most off the time.

I live in Washington State
    Am 69 have six children three boys three girls oldest 53 youngest 37, 13 grandkids, 5 great grandkids.I love road trips,gardening,disneyworld or land either one and my family.Plane on going to Edinburgh Scotland with my oldest daughter this year as was i born there and never went back so figured it was time as we don't know what tomorrow will bring.
    I am a widow,have a positive attitude most of the time.I would love to meet Robert Redford
    and yes i would have loved to have met Princess Diana also.

Hugs Frankie
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

Good idea
    I was born & raised in the military so I've lived in many different places, but for the last 32 years Texas has been my home.
    I'm married to Texasguy10 - Donald & he's the love of my life.
    We have 3 children (27, 24, 23), 2 grandchildren ( 6 & 4) & we are raising our 6 year old granddaughter ( she's the only one at home)
    We have 2 dogs: German Shepherd- Schatzie, tea cup yorkie - Pebbles
    I'm a nurse however I'm currently on disability
    I love being in the middle of the ocean on a huge cruise ship, camping, and Fredricksberg Texas
    My favorite color is pink
    I like all kinds of music except rap - it puts me in a very mood
    I would actually like to meet 2 people: Barry Manillow who can bring me to my knees with I write the songs lol & Geirge W.Bush
    My state of mind today: scared & determined to beat this IBC even though I'm stage 4 now

Hugs & God Bless,

Dawne

My name is Sue :) LOL

• Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

Hi Ladies and Gents.
    I'm

Hi Ladies and Gents.

I'm Frankie was diagnosed in May 2010 had bil.mastectomy no reconstruction on Tamoxifen for 5yrs.I love this board because when i fell sorry for my self this board just picks me right up most off the time.

I live in Washington State
    Am 69 have six children three boys three girls oldest 53 youngest 37, 13 grandkids, 5 great grandkids.I love road trips,gardening,disneyworld or land either one and my family.Plane on going to Edinburgh Scotland with my oldest daughter this year as was i born there and never went back so figured it was time as we don't know what tomorrow will bring.
    I am a widow,have a positive attitude most of the time.I would love to meet Robert Redford
    and yes i would have loved to have met Princess Diana also.

Hugs Frankie

My introduction
    I was dx Aug 19,2009 with DCIS non invasive clear margins.1/2 centimeter tumor.I've had 3 benign scares but things are OK for now.Still have a fibroid tumor.There is a family histrou with BC.My mom was a 60 year survivor dx at 21,my niece is a 6 year survivor dx at 30 and I am almost a 3 year survivor coming up in July.

I have been married over 43 years. My husband was a Viet Nam veteran who received the Purple Heart and my oldest son was in the service during the Gulf War.

I have 3 sons and 7 grandchildren.Also just found out a couple days ago I am going to be a Great Grandma this year. Our sons have good jobs and work hard, My husband and I have a soy candle company and he also works in the automative industry.He will be retiring (he says this year).Then we hope to take our camper out and do some traveling after being homebodies for many years.

This year I turned 65 and just something good about this age. I love it.Just Thankful to be alive and looking forward to living many more years.

I am a big animal lover.Rescued many animals all my life.Do spay and neuter clinics in my county and surrounding areas.I have been doing these clinics for 12 years.We're making a difference with one spay and neuter at a time.I've Been on the Board of our Humane Society for 12 years and also was on the Board of another shelter Where I was secretary for 10 years.

Not sure what movie star or celebrity(to many to name)I would like to meet but saw Garth Brooks at a concert and he was awesome.

Lynn Smith
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    GMcD said:

Love this idea. I was
    Love this idea. I was diagnosed n Dec. 09, with stage 1, invasive ductal carcinoma. Had lumpectomy, chemo and rads. Am doing quite well 2 plus years later. Am divorced, have two grown children. My son lives with me as I am raising his two daughters, ages 11 and 12. I work as a pharmacy tech here in Central PA and came across so many pink sisters in my work. They and this board have been my lifeline. I take Femara and am grateful that all side effects are tolerable.

Today is my breast cancerversary
    Diagnosed 2 years ago today with breast cancer. Four days previously I'd been diagnosed with endometrial cancer. Hence, the screen name.

So - 2010 was a busy year, lumpectomy, then hysterectomy, then chemo for breast cancer, then radiation for breast cancer. Luckily, both cancers were early stage (1b breast, and 1a endometrial), low grade (grade 2 breast and grade 1 endo). The endometrial cancer needed no further adjuvunct treatments, just exams every 4 months. I did need chemo for the breast cancer because of my Oncotype DX test results. I had radiation because I chose a lumpectomy. I now take anasterozole (Arimidex) - less than 4 years to go now.

That's the medical stuff.

State: California
    Occupation: sort of retired. Worked at UC Davis medical school as an administrator most of my working life, retired at 50, went back to school, became a designer/workrom for all things soft and custom (window coverings, bedding, cushions, etc.). Got cancer - said enough is enough, but my phone keeps ringing and I'm busier than I have been in years. Go figure. I now also volunteer as a peer navigator for newly diagnosed cancer patients.
    Me: Married for 37 years, 4 children, 5 grandchildren; and a dog.
    Loves: Most music; reading, gardening, being creative and learning new things. I love people.

Life is good!

Suzanne
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options

My introduction
    I was dx Aug 19,2009 with DCIS non invasive clear margins.1/2 centimeter tumor.I've had 3 benign scares but things are OK for now.Still have a fibroid tumor.There is a family histrou with BC.My mom was a 60 year survivor dx at 21,my niece is a 6 year survivor dx at 30 and I am almost a 3 year survivor coming up in July.

I have been married over 43 years. My husband was a Viet Nam veteran who received the Purple Heart and my oldest son was in the service during the Gulf War.

I have 3 sons and 7 grandchildren.Also just found out a couple days ago I am going to be a Great Grandma this year. Our sons have good jobs and work hard, My husband and I have a soy candle company and he also works in the automative industry.He will be retiring (he says this year).Then we hope to take our camper out and do some traveling after being homebodies for many years.

This year I turned 65 and just something good about this age. I love it.Just Thankful to be alive and looking forward to living many more years.

I am a big animal lover.Rescued many animals all my life.Do spay and neuter clinics in my county and surrounding areas.I have been doing these clinics for 12 years.We're making a difference with one spay and neuter at a time.I've Been on the Board of our Humane Society for 12 years and also was on the Board of another shelter Where I was secretary for 10 years.

Not sure what movie star or celebrity(to many to name)I would like to meet but saw Garth Brooks at a concert and he was awesome.

Lynn Smith

I'm sipping a Mojito~
    while i read all these lovely updates! So that is one of my fav beverages! My name is Melanie, my fav color is green (the color of my eyes). I live in Washington state, lived here my whole life (52 yrs). I was diagnosed in 06 with DCIS, had lumpectomy and rads~then a recurrence in 08 so had a unilateral mastectomy~have been reconstructed (lat flap) and now have the ta~ta's of someone half my age! I am currently in NED zone~
    I am married (27 yrs in june) and have 4 kids, 2 grands. I work very part time as an in home caregiver.
    I love chocolate, convertible sports cars, handbags, shoes and shopping in general~ I love to travel, camp (we have a vintage airstream trailer) and garage/estate sale shop.
    I love to sit in the sun and read (non fiction)~
    My family is very precious to me, and I am an active member of my church participating on worship team as a vocalist, as well as in womens ministries.
    I can be very spontaneous, laugh too loud sometimes, or hide in a corner and have lovely quiet conversations with my pals~
    As usual, i will think of something thrilling for you to read, after I have hit the "post" button!
    Welcome to all the new pinks on board~
  • MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    Options
    My name is Mary
    and I am 1 of 9 siblings. My rank is #2. 7 brothers and 1 sister. I am a "Joisey Girl" at heart but spent 28 of my 56 years in Massachusetts. Been married twice. Got it right the second time around. I've been married to Pete for nearly 11 years now. He is my rock. I have 2 beautiful daughters, 21 and 25 years of age. The youngest is graduating from college with a degree in environmental biology next month. The older daughter is married and lives in Israel (a choice she made when she married a young man from there).

My dream is to be recognized as an interior designer. It is in my blood. I love designing, sewing, gardening, reading and love my FB friends.

My favorite color is blue followed closely by pink. Being from NJ, I have to say I love pork roll...can't get it anywhere else 'cept NJ and NY. I love the shore, NJ has 130 miles of beautiful beaches. My favorite movie is GHOST. Patrick Swayze = swoon.

To all my sisters ... I love you from the bottom of my heart. You all make me SMILE :)

Dx in August 2011 with IDC Stage II ER/PR+ Her2- no node involvement. Lumpectomy, re incision and rads. Finished rads March 1st and started Arimidex March 15th. Going for CT scan in 2 weeks and just had an ultrasound of my thyroid. Waiting for those results (I do have an appt to see the endocrinologist on May 24)

Dream BIG ... Live LARGER
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Sue Ritzy
    Sue,
    are you under witness protection program? you are always made me wonder about your secret location.
    Some day I would like to meet you
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

I'm sipping a Mojito~
    while i read all these lovely updates! So that is one of my fav beverages! My name is Melanie, my fav color is green (the color of my eyes). I live in Washington state, lived here my whole life (52 yrs). I was diagnosed in 06 with DCIS, had lumpectomy and rads~then a recurrence in 08 so had a unilateral mastectomy~have been reconstructed (lat flap) and now have the ta~ta's of someone half my age! I am currently in NED zone~
    I am married (27 yrs in june) and have 4 kids, 2 grands. I work very part time as an in home caregiver.
    I love chocolate, convertible sports cars, handbags, shoes and shopping in general~ I love to travel, camp (we have a vintage airstream trailer) and garage/estate sale shop.
    I love to sit in the sun and read (non fiction)~
    My family is very precious to me, and I am an active member of my church participating on worship team as a vocalist, as well as in womens ministries.
    I can be very spontaneous, laugh too loud sometimes, or hide in a corner and have lovely quiet conversations with my pals~
    As usual, i will think of something thrilling for you to read, after I have hit the "post" button!
    Welcome to all the new pinks on board~

My screen mane is New Flower
    Exactly 4 years ago... was my husband's 48th birthday, we came home after the romantic dinner and I took a shower ... I found a lump under my left arm when I was taking a shower. Two days later My Mammogram show 1.2x1.2 tumor, surgical biopsy lumpectomy was positive without clear margins. I was diagnosed with stageI in May of 2008 at the age of 46. Radical mastectomy showed that I had Stage III C ER/Pr+, Her- with 10 positive lymph nodes, one of which was 1.2x 1.0 centimeter malignant tumor. My diagnosis was sage IIIC. I had 6 cycles of Chemo, Radiation and have tried most of estrogen inhibitors.

Sometime I think our family was tested. 5 days after my mastectomy, my husband got into a serious accident and was transferred to the same hospital I had my mastectomy. The car was complete loss, he did not stay in the hospital because I was at home with drains and after DIEP Flap reconstruction. It had impacted his health and he need a hearing aid now.

I have been fortunate enough to meet in person many girls from this board including Ines, Claudia, Vicki, Victoria, Theresa, Traci, Cindy & Jennifer (we missed you), Rena, Cat, Constance and several others. We have a very strong and life-loving ladies in California and meet on regular basis for lunch at least two times a year ( pics on my expression page). We always welcome everybody who is visiting sunny California and last November we met with Penny

I like flowers, my job, to cook and travel to new places, meet new people and make new friends.
    Recently my son had graduated with Master's degree in engineering and we are proud parents.

I always appreciate comments from long-term survivors who give us hope. I admire stage IV survivors on this board for grace and positive attitude and very thankful to them.
  • sdukowitz
    sdukowitz Member Posts: 250
    Options
    Lots of Sue's and Susan
    Lots of Sue's and Susan names on here it seems ... popular name back in the day! I, too , am a Sue ... originally ffrom MA but
    have lived and taught in Alaska now for over 30 years currently sub teaching which keeps me busy without all the demands of full time teaching two kids ages 20 and 18 last one graduates in May then will have two in college!
    DCIS diagnosedin SEPT 2011 lumpectomy and rads now tamoxifin and the hot flashes
    I like fishing, camping and skiing also reading.... I enjoy having this board to vent and also to realize we are
    alll connected and have so much to offer each other! Sue D.
  • ThycaAnne
    ThycaAnne Member Posts: 68
    Options
    sdukowitz said:

Lots of Sue's and Susan
    Lots of Sue's and Susan names on here it seems ... popular name back in the day! I, too , am a Sue ... originally ffrom MA but
    have lived and taught in Alaska now for over 30 years currently sub teaching which keeps me busy without all the demands of full time teaching two kids ages 20 and 18 last one graduates in May then will have two in college!
    DCIS diagnosedin SEPT 2011 lumpectomy and rads now tamoxifin and the hot flashes
    I like fishing, camping and skiing also reading.... I enjoy having this board to vent and also to realize we are
    alll connected and have so much to offer each other! Sue D.

Hi, all...
    My name is Anne & I live here in Houston. Born & raised in Mississippi, but moved here in 1985. I've been married to my best friend for 33 years. We have one daughter who is 26 and married; & is about to become a foster parent. When I was 48, I went back to college & got another degree in Interior Design. No easy feat at that age!! So I work parttime from my home & create homes/rooms for other people.

I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in June 2010; had a thyroidectomy with complications. I still have some persistent disease in the lymph nodes & will eventually have to have a neck dissection. Diagnosed in December 2011 with Stage 1 IDC, ER/PR +/Her2 -, 1 cm tumor, clean margins, negative lymph nodes . Had my surgery in January & did the twice a day/5 day rads. Elected not to take tamoxifen--but fight with the hot flashes every day.

I love to run, read, work in the yard, cook & travel.

As far as who I would like to meet--all of you!! I love that we all have a place to go to vent, laugh, cry, etc.

Hugs to all,

Anne
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

Sue Ritzy
    Sue,
    are you under witness protection program? you are always made me wonder about your secret location.
    Some day I would like to meet you

LOL New Flower! No, I am
    LOL New Flower! No, I am not. I was just acting silly, which I do quite often. :)
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Options
    ThycaAnne said:

Hi, all...
    My name is Anne & I live here in Houston. Born & raised in Mississippi, but moved here in 1985. I've been married to my best friend for 33 years. We have one daughter who is 26 and married; & is about to become a foster parent. When I was 48, I went back to college & got another degree in Interior Design. No easy feat at that age!! So I work parttime from my home & create homes/rooms for other people.

I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in June 2010; had a thyroidectomy with complications. I still have some persistent disease in the lymph nodes & will eventually have to have a neck dissection. Diagnosed in December 2011 with Stage 1 IDC, ER/PR +/Her2 -, 1 cm tumor, clean margins, negative lymph nodes . Had my surgery in January & did the twice a day/5 day rads. Elected not to take tamoxifen--but fight with the hot flashes every day.

I love to run, read, work in the yard, cook & travel.

As far as who I would like to meet--all of you!! I love that we all have a place to go to vent, laugh, cry, etc.

Hugs to all,

Anne

Hello!
    I am Kay from central Indiana. Lived in Indiana my whole life; retired from 41 years of
    teaching this year. Dx'ed in July of 2009 with DCIS--had lumpectomy, rads, & now am on
    tamoxifen. Married, 1 son who has been deployed to Iraq twice; 4 wonderful grandkids.
    Love my cats--4 inside; 2 outside. I do a lot of volunteer work; I work out every day.

I have had a few recurrence scares, but no more cancer found. I wish everyone the best!
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Tux said:

Hello!
    I am Kay from central Indiana. Lived in Indiana my whole life; retired from 41 years of
    teaching this year. Dx'ed in July of 2009 with DCIS--had lumpectomy, rads, & now am on
    tamoxifen. Married, 1 son who has been deployed to Iraq twice; 4 wonderful grandkids.
    Love my cats--4 inside; 2 outside. I do a lot of volunteer work; I work out every day.

I have had a few recurrence scares, but no more cancer found. I wish everyone the best!

Wonderful Idea Ayse!
    I'm Debi and am a native Floridian. I was diagnosed last May with Stage 2 IDC ER, PR & HER2 positive. Had a lumpectomy and 13 nodes removed (only 2 postive). Did 12 rounds of Taxol followed by rads. Currently still on Herceptin until August - and the usual tamoxifen.

I love the beach, how could I not living in Florida. I have 2 sons (25 & 30) and 2 beautiful grandbabies (2 & 4). Being a grandma is the most wonderful thing in the world. They are the light of my life. I've been with my sweet Ed for almost 9 years now.

Favorite place - Kauai, Hawaii. Most beautiful place I've ever been too and would love to visit it again.

State of mind - CHEMO BRAIN!! I knew I could tell a difference in my memory but didn't think it was really that noticeable to others. Guess I was wrong, my co-workers and Ed said they can all tell a difference. We all just laugh about it.

I would love to meet Dwayne Johnson (The Rock). Think he is super sexy!

Even though I would never wish cancer on anyone, I have to say I have met some wonderful friends on this journey - including each and everyone of you!

Wow.....that's the longest post I've ever made! I'm very quiet & shy!

Hugs, Debi
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Ballerina said:

Hi my sisters. My nickname
    Hi my sisters. My nickname is Ballerina because I used to teach ballet and jazz. I was dx with ductal carcinoma in 2009 and had a reoccurance same breast 2010 had mastectomy with reconstruction now I am as perky has a 20yr old by the way I am 51. I thank God I found this site. I feel like I have and extended family. It's amazing how the warm, loving, positive energy just shoot out of the computer screen. I can honestly say I love you all.

Hugs and Kisses

Ballerina

I am Megan and I love this
    I am Megan and I love this board. It has helped me more than I could ever say and I love all of you so much!

I was diagnosed with ductal and invasive bc. I was in shock and didn't know how I would get through it, but, with the help of my husband, family and friends, how could I not.

I had rads about 6 weeks after my lumpectomy. I never burnt but was close. I didn't need chemo which I was thankful for.

Thank you everyone for always helping me!

Love you,

Megan
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Great idea Ayse
    I don't get here too often but am on fb. I'm Charlene, 63, married 37 years; have married daughter (35), 2 granddaughters (6 & 4) and married son (33), 2 grandsons (8 & 6) and 2 granddaughters (4 & 1).

Dx 2 years ago this month with Invasive Lobular Carcinoma. Rt breast 6 cm tumor. Had double mastectomy, no reconstruction; no lymph node involvement; 5th in family w/bc; 6 rounds of Taxtotere/Cytoxan; 28 rads; on Arimidex since Jan 2011. Still see onc every 3 months!

I live in CT; retired from my job 4 years ago due to disability. Struggle w/osteo arthritis and spinal stenosis. I watch my 2 granddaughters frequently so daughter can sub as a teacher. Looking forward to meeting pink sisters in Hershey again this year.

I'm an avid scrapbooker, I love to read, crochet, needlepoint, counted cross stitch. Struggle with my weight and once again going to Weight Watcher meetings.

Found this site June 2010. I think it's wonderful that so many sisters have met in person. {{hugs}} to all the cyber pink sisters too!
    Char
  • Mariannemm
    Mariannemm Member Posts: 136
    Options
    Oregon
    I live in Oregon south of Portland.

I was dx in 11/09 with stage 3 Lobular, was in 12 lymph nodes, 6 months of chemo, 6 weeks of rads, had a double mastectomy and just finished reconstruction last month. I have had many surgeries and lots of complications! If it doesn't happen to anyone else it will happen to me! The doctors just shake their heads, they are always shocked. :-) I still see my onc every 3 months. Have an appt next week! We have 2 spots that we are watching. Hoping I get to have a scan next week to put my mind at rest.

I am married (23 years).

2 kids, one of each. Son a freshmen in college & daughter a freshmen in high school.

I have 2 part-time jobs outside of the home and love them both.

I am a worry wort!
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    Options

Oregon
    I live in Oregon south of Portland.

I was dx in 11/09 with stage 3 Lobular, was in 12 lymph nodes, 6 months of chemo, 6 weeks of rads, had a double mastectomy and just finished reconstruction last month. I have had many surgeries and lots of complications! If it doesn't happen to anyone else it will happen to me! The doctors just shake their heads, they are always shocked. :-) I still see my onc every 3 months. Have an appt next week! We have 2 spots that we are watching. Hoping I get to have a scan next week to put my mind at rest.

I am married (23 years).

2 kids, one of each. Son a freshmen in college & daughter a freshmen in high school.

I have 2 part-time jobs outside of the home and love them both.

I am a worry wort!

Hi beautiful ladies...my
    Hi beautiful ladies...my name is Eva Park and I was diagnosied with IDC stage 1 on July 5. 2011 at the age of 39.... I had a lumpectomy, 4 chemo treatment and 33 rads...also, due to the fact that I was ER positive and had endometriosis I had a hystrectomy done about 5 weeks ago...i am marry with two beautiful daughter ages 16 and 13.

I have to say finding this board has help me get through my treatment....I thank you beautiful ladies...

Eva
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    I'm Jean
    Had unilateral mastectomy 2 years this past week. Reconstruction. 4 rounds of chemo. 18 rounds of Herceptin. Have been on Femera for 1-1/2 year.

Been married for almost 33 years to amazing husband. Two great sons, two beautiful daughter-in-laws, and the light of my life, granddaughter, Isabella Grace.

Born and still live in Maryland.

I love to travel. I also love to meet up with my pink sisters that I met here. I have made so many special friends here. Looking forward to our Hershey meeting in September. Hope a lot of you can make it.

xoxo,
    Jean