Y'all are awesome

Options
Texasgirl10
Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
I just want to let you all know that you are the BEST pink sisters and brothers a girl can have. I am so thankful for all of your prayers and well wishes. I am out of the hospital with no blood clots and the pet results showed no advancement. My onc did change my chemo regime to FEC every 3 weeks for 18 weeks. I will have to have cardiac tests done ( mugga scan, cardiac enzymes) every 3 weeks before treatment due to one of these meds changing the heart function. I actually just finished round 1. My hair has started falling out by the handfuls today so my sister bought me 2 new ball caps :)
I am very thankful to Janice for keeping you posted. She said I was amazing but shes the amazing one and a great friend.

I'm pretty tired and feel like I've been hit by a freight train but all in all I would say I'm doing good today. I just want to tell y'all again that I think each and everyone of you are awesome and my world us a better place because you are part of it. I hope all of you are feeling good today and will have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs and God Bless,

Dawne

Comments

• Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    Options
    So glad you are doing good
    So glad you are doing good today may you have many more good days.Thoughts and prayers are with.
    Hugs Frankie
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Options
    So glad to hear all of this!
    It all sounds positive and so encouraging Sorry about your hair.... Lost mine again in January to the brain rads and I am not sure if the xeloda is going to let it grow back since I have heard xeloda thins the hair. On well. Bald is beautiful

Keep us posted with more good news !

Jennifer
  • AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    Options
    grams2jc said:

It all sounds positive and so encouraging Sorry about your hair.... Lost mine again in January to the brain rads and I am not sure if the xeloda is going to let it grow back since I have heard xeloda thins the hair. On well. Bald is beautiful

Jennifer

Thanks for the update,
    Thanks for the update, Dawne! No blood clots and no advancement sounds great! Praying for continued good and improving scans and tolerance for the chemo regimen.
    Angie
  • trixytwo
    trixytwo Member Posts: 59
    Options
    continued prayers
    Stay strong girl, bald IS beautiful.

Hugs, Deb
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    trixytwo said:

continued prayers
    Stay strong girl, bald IS beautiful.

Hugs, Deb

Glad your ut of the
    Glad your ut of the hospital. I know this really sux with the hair falling out, but it will come back again. My hair fell out in chunks so I shaved it. I hated that deed. Take care of yourself.Hugs
    Kathy
  • MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    Options
    Dawne...
    thank YOU for allowing us to be part of your life. YOU, my friend, are such an amazing woman ... so warm and kind hearted through some very tough times.

God Blessed us with YOU.

Stay strong sister.

Mary
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Options
    MsGebby said:

Dawne...
    thank YOU for allowing us to be part of your life. YOU, my friend, are such an amazing woman ... so warm and kind hearted through some very tough times.

God Blessed us with YOU.

Stay strong sister.

Mary

good news
    So glad that you are out of hospital! (((Hugs))) and prayers still headed your way!
    We're here for you!
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!!!!
    Hi sweet Dawne! So glad to see your post, and to know you are feeling better. Our prayers will continue. You have a wonderful weekend. Rest. And know we think of you often.

:)
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    Glad to hear you are doing better.
    I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and send you some more positive energy to help you through this.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-)
    Wonderful to see you post, sorry you are feeling so punky but super glad no blood clots and no advancement! Get your rest, be kind to yourself and know that you are in our thoughts and our prayers!

Gentle hugs,

RE
  • eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    RE said:

:-)
    Wonderful to see you post, sorry you are feeling so punky but super glad no blood clots and no advancement! Get your rest, be kind to yourself and know that you are in our thoughts and our prayers!

Gentle hugs,

RE

We are all blessed
    So glad the blood clots were not an issue. We are all so blessed to have each other to turn to in these rough times, it is one of the oddly good things that comes from this journey. The power behind the prayers here is amazing and are coming for you. Please try to rest so your body has the strength it needs to get through this. As always,all in my prayers
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    eihtak said:

We are all blessed
    So glad the blood clots were not an issue. We are all so blessed to have each other to turn to in these rough times, it is one of the oddly good things that comes from this journey. The power behind the prayers here is amazing and are coming for you. Please try to rest so your body has the strength it needs to get through this. As always,all in my prayers

Hang in there!
    It's about all we can do....I am so thankful your scans showed no clots...prayers were answered!

Best wishes...keep us posted, you know how much we care!
    Big hugs, Nancy
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Hugs
    Dawne... it's so good to hear from you. How great to hear you have no blood clots and no advancement. I hope this new chemo regiment give you minimal SE and heart issues. You are dear to us and your spirit and strength shine through in your posts.

Hugs and God bless you as well.
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best
    Dear Dawne,

I am glad that everything worked out and that you are doing good.

Best,

Doris
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    SO good to find your post!
    Am happy & relieved for the good test results, Dawne - especially "no advancement"! And certainly hope the new chemo protocol will provide maximum success with minimal SEs.

After all you've been through these past several days - please, rest & recover. Take very good care of yourself.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

SO good to find your post!
    Am happy & relieved for the good test results, Dawne - especially "no advancement"! And certainly hope the new chemo protocol will provide maximum success with minimal SEs.

After all you've been through these past several days - please, rest & recover. Take very good care of yourself.

Kind regards, Susan

Dawne you are AMAZING!!
    You are amazing my dear freind!! You have had a very rough few days. Your faith stayed strong and I bet you still had a smile on you beautiful face. Love ya girl! Gods blessings to you and family!!
    (((hugs))) Janice
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    grams2jc said:

Jennifer

Great to see you posting
    Great to see you posting Dawne. Janice has been great to update us. She is an awesome friend and pink sister!

Lots of prayers and hugs,

Lex
  • Penny67
    Penny67 Member Posts: 65
    Options

Dawne you are AMAZING!!
    You are amazing my dear freind!! You have had a very rough few days. Your faith stayed strong and I bet you still had a smile on you beautiful face. Love ya girl! Gods blessings to you and family!!
    (((hugs))) Janice

So happy you are out!
    Dawne,
    I am so happy to hear that you are out of the hospital with no blood clots, no advancement and a new chemo regime. That must have been an unbelievably tough time, but you kept the faith and are ready to keep fighting. I too had problems with lymphedema-basically gaining weight everywhere and I attribute much of it to the chemo and steroids. I gained very quickly right below my ribs down my abdomen. I knew there was no way it could all be fat that fast! I will keep you and your family in my prayers!
    Penny
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Penny67 said:

So happy you are out!
    Dawne,
    I am so happy to hear that you are out of the hospital with no blood clots, no advancement and a new chemo regime. That must have been an unbelievably tough time, but you kept the faith and are ready to keep fighting. I too had problems with lymphedema-basically gaining weight everywhere and I attribute much of it to the chemo and steroids. I gained very quickly right below my ribs down my abdomen. I knew there was no way it could all be fat that fast! I will keep you and your family in my prayers!
    Penny

we were so nervous when we
    we were so nervous when we heard you were back in the hospital Whew!!!! You are amazing!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Tux said:

good news
    So glad that you are out of hospital! (((Hugs))) and prayers still headed your way!
    We're here for you!

So happy you're out of the
    So happy you're out of the hospital Dawne. Prayers to you!

Hugs, Jan