Port in place, however...

Options
2»

Comments

• pattyanny
    pattyanny Member Posts: 544
    Options

I didn't make it home today...
    after the "good" xray, they clamped off the pump to see how it went...lung collasped 85%, so we're in for another night of catered meals. I'll probably get out tomorrow if I pass the "clamp the pump" test in the morning.

The surgeon who did my port stopped in today, to see how it was going, and saw that my Kindle was laying unused on my table and she asked why. The cord is too short to use in here, said I. About 6:30 tonight, she popped in with an extension cord in her hand. Pretty sweet of her to think about that.

p

Thinking of you phrannie,
    Thinking of you phrannie, and yep-another bump in the road! My prayers are with you to be released after you pass the clamp test. My port was more up towards my collar bone, and believe me- there is no meat on this bod! Keep up the the positive attitude, and I will keep sending the prayers your way!
    Patty
  • CajunEagle
    CajunEagle Member Posts: 408
    Options

Great minds think alike, John...LOL
    I decided to kick back, lay around...play on my computer while my meals are being served to me IN BED :)...since I'm here, I'll just pretend I'm in an expensive hotel where all my needs are catered to. It's not like I'm sick or hurting, I just can't unhook from the pump...so what if I'm leashed to the bed...ha!

My port is on my right side, but 3+ inches below my collar bone...I honestly think she put it low like that so I could wear lower necked clothes if I wanted to...

p

A little reminder.
    My port was placed on my left side, and while driving, the seat belt will tend to rub/irritate the port area and the scar tissue it leaves behind when it is removed. But, not a big deal.

Larry
  • ditto1
    ditto1 Member Posts: 660
    Options

I didn't make it home today...
    after the "good" xray, they clamped off the pump to see how it went...lung collasped 85%, so we're in for another night of catered meals. I'll probably get out tomorrow if I pass the "clamp the pump" test in the morning.

The surgeon who did my port stopped in today, to see how it was going, and saw that my Kindle was laying unused on my table and she asked why. The cord is too short to use in here, said I. About 6:30 tonight, she popped in with an extension cord in her hand. Pretty sweet of her to think about that.

p

Hey P
    Just thought I would remind you of the price of Gas, so I can not justify this Bus Idleing out here for much longer, so lets get you back on the Bus and move on. I hope you are indeed reading this from home. So we can shut off the Bus for today. Prayin for ya. (May have just given away Im from the South) P4Y will be the new Logo....
  • Sue22
    Sue22 Member Posts: 99
    Options

Deb,,,you made me blow water out my nose...LOL
    Got this mental image of you yipping and and yelping, and it cracked me up...did you ever growl or snap at the nurses? :)

p

New
    Nice of your doctor for bringing you an extension. Awesome gesture.

I am thinking of you and hope all goes well even though it might not seem easy right now.
    There is light at the end of the tunnel :)

Sue
  • stayingpositive
    stayingpositive Member Posts: 89
    Options

Deb,,,you made me blow water out my nose...LOL
    Got this mental image of you yipping and and yelping, and it cracked me up...did you ever growl or snap at the nurses? :)

p

Up late
    Runing thru the web and seen your post here, hope your home by now and relaxing peacefully.
  • phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options

Up late
    Runing thru the web and seen your post here, hope your home by now and relaxing peacefully.

No...I flunked the pressure test this morning...
    I'm still leaking air...so it was another day at the "spa" for me...I was disappointed this morning, but there is always an upside to everything. My sister came to visit, and ended up staying all afternoon. We got a chance to talk and laugh at leasure rather than our regular catching up on the run. She works days, I work nights, weekends...and holidays...so it's been a long time since we were able to just relax and enjoy each other's company.

ditto...I'm trying to put this bus in gear, and git moving...I can hear the engine revving, but the shifter seems to be stuck...I am determined to not miss my Monday date with my "dream team"... :)

Send positive thoughts that I pass the test tomorrow morning...as much as I like being catered to, I really want to go home now...

p
  • ditto1
    ditto1 Member Posts: 660
    Options

No...I flunked the pressure test this morning...
    I'm still leaking air...so it was another day at the "spa" for me...I was disappointed this morning, but there is always an upside to everything. My sister came to visit, and ended up staying all afternoon. We got a chance to talk and laugh at leasure rather than our regular catching up on the run. She works days, I work nights, weekends...and holidays...so it's been a long time since we were able to just relax and enjoy each other's company.

ditto...I'm trying to put this bus in gear, and git moving...I can hear the engine revving, but the shifter seems to be stuck...I am determined to not miss my Monday date with my "dream team"... :)

Send positive thoughts that I pass the test tomorrow morning...as much as I like being catered to, I really want to go home now...

p

BUS
    This Bus is more than happy to wait, glad you had a good day with your sister. P4Y
  • Ingrid K
    Ingrid K Member Posts: 813
    Options
    ditto1 said:

BUS
    This Bus is more than happy to wait, glad you had a good day with your sister. P4Y

Phrannie, how are things ?
    Phrannie, how are things ? Are you still able to have your surgery tomorrow (monday) ?
    wishing you well.