Laurissa going to hospice

Options

Comments

• Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    So sorry
    I am so sorry to hear this news. I hope that your dear sister, Connie Jean, passes and finds peace quickly. You have been a wonderful and dedicated sister. The world will most definitely lose one of its sweetest lights when your sister passes. Try to be strong as best you can.

My thoughts are with you and your family,
    Clementine
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Kathy, Thank you
    for keeping us up on Laurissa, Connie Jean. Our God knows her by just being herself. I too love the hummingbird and actually have one along with a beautiful hibiscus tatoo'd across my mastectomy scars. It just makes me smile when I get out of the shower.

You have been a wonderful sister and Laurissa has been a great source of inspiration for so many of us. As hard as it is, with the tears running and all, I pray that she has a quick passing. I think we reach a point where our bodies just can't take anymore.

Praying for peace, love and a very quick passing,
    Love Carol
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    camul said:

Kathy, Thank you
    for keeping us up on Laurissa, Connie Jean. Our God knows her by just being herself. I too love the hummingbird and actually have one along with a beautiful hibiscus tatoo'd across my mastectomy scars. It just makes me smile when I get out of the shower.

You have been a wonderful sister and Laurissa has been a great source of inspiration for so many of us. As hard as it is, with the tears running and all, I pray that she has a quick passing. I think we reach a point where our bodies just can't take anymore.

Praying for peace, love and a very quick passing,
    Love Carol

My prayers
    and best wishes for peace and comfort for you, Connie Jean, and all her family. I am very sad.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Heartbroken...
    Am not able to log in here as often as I'd like. But whenever I can - I've continually scanned for updates from Laurissa or you, Kathy. Today, my heart is breaking... For your beloved sister - Connie Jean, for you, and your fammilies... You have been a steady and loving caregiver - not easy, for anybody. You have my deepest admiration and respect.

I will never forget Laurissa, your Connie Jean. Will always remember her as a true sweetheart, a pretty woman - inside and out, who fought cancer valiantly. Am so very sad - heartbroken - that the cancer didn't surrender to all she endured. I had been sincerely hoping for a miracle.

Now, I'll hope and pray for hospice to provide her with physical comfort, free of pain. And in the end, a swiftly smooth passing. For you and all of her loved ones - I'll hope and pray for the healing of your own hearts.

Kind regards, Susan
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options

Heartbroken...
    Am not able to log in here as often as I'd like. But whenever I can - I've continually scanned for updates from Laurissa or you, Kathy. Today, my heart is breaking... For your beloved sister - Connie Jean, for you, and your fammilies... You have been a steady and loving caregiver - not easy, for anybody. You have my deepest admiration and respect.

I will never forget Laurissa, your Connie Jean. Will always remember her as a true sweetheart, a pretty woman - inside and out, who fought cancer valiantly. Am so very sad - heartbroken - that the cancer didn't surrender to all she endured. I had been sincerely hoping for a miracle.

Now, I'll hope and pray for hospice to provide her with physical comfort, free of pain. And in the end, a swiftly smooth passing. For you and all of her loved ones - I'll hope and pray for the healing of your own hearts.

Kind regards, Susan

Connie Jean (Laurissa)
    I will miss you my friend. I will remember you always.

Love Jennifer
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    MGNS said:

Kathy thank you for sharing
    Kathy thank you for sharing about your sweet sister Laurissa. Laurissa and I started our journey at the same time and I've always felt a special place in my heart for her. We are all so blessed to have her in our lives in so many ways. I continue to pray for her and that the peace of the Lord will be with her.

Praying for a peaceful
    Praying for a peaceful passing for Laurissa. This is so hard to write..
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    MGNS said:

Kathy thank you for sharing
    Kathy thank you for sharing about your sweet sister Laurissa. Laurissa and I started our journey at the same time and I've always felt a special place in my heart for her. We are all so blessed to have her in our lives in so many ways. I continue to pray for her and that the peace of the Lord will be with her.

double post
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Connie Jean
    Hi,

Thank you for sharing her name with us. It will be nice to say a prayer for her directly. I hope she doesn't suffer much longer. She has given the good fight and now deserves peace. I pray for you as well, this must me very overwhelming for you. Thank you for thinking of us at a time like this. You are very gracious. Hugs

Terry
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

It is unbelievably saddening
    It is unbelievably saddening to read this. I hope she can pass in peace and that the family left behind can find solace that she will no longer be suffering.

Kathy
    I forgot to add that if there is anything that we pinkies can do for you or Laurissa ( yes, she will always be Laurissa to me), please let us know.

Sue :(
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Blessings to Connie Jean & her Family
    Kathy... Your words give me a good idea of what kind of person Connie Jean is to you and the many who knew her. You are blessed to have such a wonderful sister and friend. We are lucky to have known her here on CSN.

God grant Connie Jean everlasting peace. Blessings to her daughters, Melissa and Laura.

Hugs to you and yours.
  • iaelituuao
    iaelituuao Member Posts: 19
    Options

Blessings to Connie Jean & her Family
    Kathy... Your words give me a good idea of what kind of person Connie Jean is to you and the many who knew her. You are blessed to have such a wonderful sister and friend. We are lucky to have known her here on CSN.

God grant Connie Jean everlasting peace. Blessings to her daughters, Melissa and Laura.

Hugs to you and yours.

Prayers to Connie Jean and family
    My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and for a peaceful passing.
  • Cinkal
    Cinkal Member Posts: 161
    Options
    Praying that Connie Jean
    Praying that Connie Jean will peacefully pass into the arms of the Lord. I pray that your family will find peace as well. Laurissa gave me support and advice during my difficult journey. She will truly be missed on this site.

Cindy
  • MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    Options
    My prayers for you and
    Connie Jean. I cry as I type this. It is sooooooooooo unfair. May God Bless you and your family and hold your sister in his loving arms as she takes her next journey.

xoxo
    Mary
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Options
    Go Quickly
    Dear Connie Jean,

Your suffering is nearing an end. May the angels accompany you quickly to a new world filled with love and peace. May your family's good memories give them comfort in their time of sorrow once you leave them.

All My Love,
    Janelle
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Kathy,
    Thank you for sharing your dear sisters name. I pray to the God of tender mercies, the God of all comfort, that Connie Jean will soon be at peace, and that Laura and Melissa and you will have peace in knowing that her suffering is over. I know that your loving memories will guide you through,

Tender hugs,

Sue
  • BetsyJane
    BetsyJane Member Posts: 127
    Options
    So deeply saddened to hear
    I am so sad to read about your beloved little sister. I cannot even imagine the sadness you and your family are going thru. Our heavenly father will soon be holding precious Connie Jean in his loving arms welcoming her into paradise. May you find peace and comfort in knowing this.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Your Connie Jean is so dear
    Your Connie Jean is so dear and special, your news is heartbreaking. I am praying for peace for Laurissa, you and her daughters.

Hugs,

Linda
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

Sweet Kathy
    I am so saddened to hear this news. You have been such a wonderful sister and friend to Connie Jean. She knows how much you love her and I am positive that she loves you just as much.

Laurissa has always been very supportive, kind, and caring. I pray that God will give her comfort and peace. I pray that God wraps his arms around you and your family and gives you all peace and comfort.

I'm sending you a big hug.

God Bless.

Dawne

You're a dear sweet sister Kathy
    What a dear sister you are Kathy. We, and I know Laurissa, are eternally grateful for you. You have been Connie Jean's angel and I want to thank you.

I am praying that Laurissa will be at peace soon and in the arms of God. She was always so sweet and supportive of every pink sister on here.

It is so sad to have these circumstances, but, I know that she is facing it with all of the courage and strength that she showed us.

God bless you Connie Jean,

Debby
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options

Your Connie Jean is so dear
    Your Connie Jean is so dear and special, your news is heartbreaking. I am praying for peace for Laurissa, you and her daughters.

Hugs,

Linda

My heart aches for you~
    I will keep you in my prayers, and that Connie Jean will be at peace~
    ~Melanie
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

My heart aches for you~
    I will keep you in my prayers, and that Connie Jean will be at peace~
    ~Melanie

My thoughts and prayer with you dear Connie Jean
    Kathy
    Thank you for sharing your sister with us.
    My candle is lighting and my thoughts are with you and you family, Connie Jean .
    Olga