I need info on sex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
mollyz
mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
Hey Ladies,i need some information on vaginal dryness, I'm finished all treatment and I'm on femara and Id like to know if any of you have had any problems in this area,I haven't spoke to my oncologist yet. ~~MollyZ~~

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    I did not have chemo or
    I did not have chemo or femara-but I am sure many have wanted to ask this question!

Denise
  • jerseygirl231
    jerseygirl231 Member Posts: 178
    Options
    I have some dryness
    Try some otc lube
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

I have some dryness
    Try some otc lube

Vaginal dryness
    Vaginal dryness is a common side effect if fats. Please talk to you Gymecologist and seek Gymecologist advice.
    Hugs
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Vaginal dryness
    Vaginal dryness is a common side effect if fats. Please talk to you Gymecologist and seek Gymecologist advice.
    Hugs

Interestingly enough i dont.
    Interestingly enough i dont. doc says the antiestrogens tamoxifen works differently on parts of the body. I have heard the over the counter astroglide, Ky, and then some people can take creams by prescription. There was a thread a couple years ago on here with good suggestions.!
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

Interestingly enough i dont.
    Interestingly enough i dont. doc says the antiestrogens tamoxifen works differently on parts of the body. I have heard the over the counter astroglide, Ky, and then some people can take creams by prescription. There was a thread a couple years ago on here with good suggestions.!

all dried out lol !!
    Hey ladies, thanks for the info,i do go see my gynocologist on April 20. and i will ask for something,the otc stuff just aint working I've tried the inserts and the rub on gels. ~~MollyZ~~
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    mollyz said:

all dried out lol !!
    Hey ladies, thanks for the info,i do go see my gynocologist on April 20. and i will ask for something,the otc stuff just aint working I've tried the inserts and the rub on gels. ~~MollyZ~~

my gyn
    my gyn recommended replens but i'm allergic. we're just using the old reliable k-y.

marge
  • mwallace1325
    Options
    mollyz said:

all dried out lol !!

my gyn
    my gyn recommended replens but i'm allergic. we're just using the old reliable k-y.

marge
  • mwallace1325
    Options
    mollyz said:

all dried out lol !!

my gyn

marge
  • AMomNETN
    AMomNETN Member Posts: 242
    Options
    Sex???
    What is that?? Since all this started my sex drive is 0. Thanks Tamoxfin!! LOL Yes I do hae dryness and I use OTC lubs. Yes, ask your gyno. I just wish I had an urge or two. I know my hubby would. Hope this helps.

Janie
  • mwallace1325
    Options
    mollyz said:

all dried out lol !!

my gyn

marge
  • mwallace1325
    Options
    AMomNETN said:

Sex???
    What is that?? Since all this started my sex drive is 0. Thanks Tamoxfin!! LOL Yes I do hae dryness and I use OTC lubs. Yes, ask your gyno. I just wish I had an urge or two. I know my hubby would. Hope this helps.

Janie

Janie
    Janie, I sooooooo know the feeling. I'm on arimidex and between the dryness and negative sex drive I feel bad for my husband.

marge
  • mwallace1325
    Options
    AMomNETN said:

Sex???

Janie

Janie
    Janie, I sooooooo know the feeling. I'm on arimidex and between the dryness and negative sex drive I feel bad for my husband.

marge
  • cinnamonsmile
    cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
    Options
    There are many threads on
    There are many threads on breastcancer.org which are devoted to vaginal dryness and remedies. Go to breastcancer.org. Look in the stage 4 forum for the thread called "The solution to painful intercourse!!!!!! Yipeee!" Or you could look for the forum called Moving Beyond Cancer and the topic called "I want my mojo back!" They discuss the effect of cancer treatments on our sex lives. I am sure you will find lots of good information there. But remember to ask your oncologist or doctors about anything you would like to try out to help your sex life. They need to know any products you want to use.

I know from my own sex life that it comes and goes. I also have dryness in my vaginal area from surgical menopause. I am able to have sex because for some reason he has lots of pre-**** that helps lubricate me.

I tried a product years ago that was supposed to enhance the sexual experience and I found I was allergic to it. Instead of having the enhanced sexual experience, I had a BURNING vagina lol!! Since then, I have not tried any other products.

Good luck on your quest to comfortable sex!
  • Margeaux
    Margeaux Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Sex???
    Husband, who is 84, complains about our sex life, not enough, good grief! A little chuckle for you all - years ago I worked at a woman's health club around the corner. I saw one of the regulars sitting gingerly on a bench and wanted to know if she was ok - no, she told me, it hurts, pointing "down below" . Apparently she and her husband decided to spice up their love life and used a menthol type ointment (can't remember who used it), it started to burn mightily, no amount of rinsing helped and she spent the rest of the night legs spread apart fanning her nether regions. Love life went out the window, not only for that night but a whole bunch of nights!
    M.
  • PrettyBald49
    PrettyBald49 Member Posts: 21
    Options
    GYN advice. Use olive oil.
    GYN advice. Use olive oil. Its natural and no side effects
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Heey Mollyz!!
    You sure got

Heey Mollyz!!
    You sure got my attention with that post! Yes, I have issus with that thanks to my hysterectomy. They have a product you can get at drug stores that are like tiny suppositores that are supposed to help with that but ive never used it.
    For those intimate times though, they sell a lubricant called Astroglide (its at drugstoes as well) and we keep a little bottle of it, hidden discreetly behind a photo, on my nightstand ;) But its the best, and yes, we've tried all the others!
    xoxo
    Heather
  • Melaniedoingwell
    Melaniedoingwell Member Posts: 80
    Options

Heey Mollyz!!
    You sure got

Heey Mollyz!!
    You sure got my attention with that post! Yes, I have issus with that thanks to my hysterectomy. They have a product you can get at drug stores that are like tiny suppositores that are supposed to help with that but ive never used it.
    For those intimate times though, they sell a lubricant called Astroglide (its at drugstoes as well) and we keep a little bottle of it, hidden discreetly behind a photo, on my nightstand ;) But its the best, and yes, we've tried all the others!
    xoxo
    Heather

what about libido??
    While lubrication can be a problem though it can be addressed with products - what about desire??
    It could be a good thing to actually WANT to, you know??? Anybody have info on that??
  • disneyfan2008
    Options
    AMomNETN said:

Sex???

Janie

Janie: wow you sound like
    Janie: wow you sound like me! Is it tamoxifen or I had hysterectomy last May...maybe both..
  • disneyfan2008
    Options

what about libido??
    While lubrication can be a problem though it can be addressed with products - what about desire??
    It could be a good thing to actually WANT to, you know??? Anybody have info on that??

good question...

good question...
  • disneyfan2008
    Options
    MEN are clueless what we
    MEN are clueless what we have gone through! Surgeries,Radiation, chemo, hysterectomy (missing body parts) scars misc Medications , side effects etc.

Denise