More Very Bad News

Options

Comments

• Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    Hoping for a clean bone scan...
    Will be praying that the bone scan shows all clear and the doctors can find a cause and solution for your pain.

Keeping you in my prayers.
    Glenna
  • adventurebob
    adventurebob Member Posts: 691
    Options
    ouch!
    Sorry for the pain Roger. I've had bone mets and found the pain to be pretty bad also. I'm hoping it's something else in your case. Radiation was very effective at getting rid of the lesions as well as the pain. I'll be lifting you up from the West Coast.

AB
  • fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    only
    only thing we can do for you is say prayers for you, your doctors and good results.... those are being sent your way.

john
  • Joel4
    Joel4 Member Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    fisrpotpe said:

only
    only thing we can do for you is say prayers for you, your doctors and good results.... those are being sent your way.

john

Praying
    Hey Roger, just wanted to let you know that I, like so many others here, am praying and believing for the best.

Joel
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Roger
    I been off for a while but I never stop praying for you my friend.

Hondo
  • mixleader
    mixleader Member Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Nasty Bone Scan
    The full body CT scan on Feb22 was not too spectacular and we figured we were still in the fight against the beast. Then, I started having horrible pains in my right ankle/shin/thigh. My doctor thought it may be a blood clot, so I had a Doppler done. That was clean, so he ordered a bone scan. We got the results of the bone scan today. It read like a death sentence without the final date filled in. The little buggers have been busy building themselves some new nest eggs in some of my bones. Damn! So, Monday we meet with my cancer doc to see what, if anything should be done next.Thank goodness for Ativans or I would be jumping out in front of speeding buses by now.

Roger
  • Hondo
    Options
    mixleader said:

Nasty Bone Scan
    The full body CT scan on Feb22 was not too spectacular and we figured we were still in the fight against the beast. Then, I started having horrible pains in my right ankle/shin/thigh. My doctor thought it may be a blood clot, so I had a Doppler done. That was clean, so he ordered a bone scan. We got the results of the bone scan today. It read like a death sentence without the final date filled in. The little buggers have been busy building themselves some new nest eggs in some of my bones. Damn! So, Monday we meet with my cancer doc to see what, if anything should be done next.Thank goodness for Ativans or I would be jumping out in front of speeding buses by now.

Roger

Hi Roger
    It is hard to express with words what I want to say, just keep strong and don’t give up. I am praying that the doctors will come up with something that will help you.

Hondo
  • patricke
    patricke Member Posts: 570
    Options
    mixleader said:

Nasty Bone Scan

Roger

Hey Roger, I'm so sorry to
    Hey Roger, I'm so sorry to hear about the bad news from the scan. I hope and pray that your treatment team will have a strategy for taking on the invaders. Keep up the fight!

PATRICK
  • longtermsurvivor
    longtermsurvivor Member Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    mixleader said:

Nasty Bone Scan

Roger

Sorry to hear
    you are in pain. Roger, fwiw Robinleigh's husband Andy has been on a clinical trial for a handfulof months now, with decreasing bone mets. The date is never written in for any of us. Wishing you the best.

Pat
  • Jimbo55
    Jimbo55 Member Posts: 590 Member
    Options

Sorry to hear
    you are in pain. Roger, fwiw Robinleigh's husband Andy has been on a clinical trial for a handfulof months now, with decreasing bone mets. The date is never written in for any of us. Wishing you the best.

Pat

Roger
    Nothing but good thoughts for you. Hope you start getting some better news soon. Stay strong. Cheers.

Jimbo
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Top Shot...
    You are on the top of my list for some news to lead to recovery... Try to stay positive in thought and body.

Prayers for you and your MD's to find the right combination to heal you brother.

John
  • Roselvr
    Roselvr Member Posts: 30
    Options
    mixleader said:

Nasty Bone Scan

Roger

I'm so sorry.
    Ask for a

I'm so sorry.
    Ask for a script of the actiq pops. Hopefully it will help with the pain you have.
  • Greg53
    Greg53 Member Posts: 849
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Top Shot...
    You are on the top of my list for some news to lead to recovery... Try to stay positive in thought and body.

Prayers for you and your MD's to find the right combination to heal you brother.

John

dang krap
    Wishing you nothing but the best Roger! Stay positive and I'll be sending good thoughts your way.

Greg
  • fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    mixleader said:

Nasty Bone Scan

Roger

that
    Double Damn Dawn!!!! Huge positive thoughts being sent your way Roger. as i sit with fingers on keyboard i have thought many times and have held off typing..... finally i need to say it. Thanks news SUCKS!

ok got that out and have stopped dwelling on it. now dwelling on prayers for you, family, friends, caregivers, for pain meds and for your medical team to find the help/treatment you need.

Be Strong!

john
  • D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    mixleader said:

Nasty Bone Scan

Roger

You are in my thoughts.
    As others have said here - the date isn't filled in for any of us. Hoping with all my heart that the doctors can ease your pain and help you

Deb
  • luv2cut1
    luv2cut1 Member Posts: 288
    Options
    mixleader said:

Nasty Bone Scan

Roger

Devastating
    I cannot even imagine what you and your family must be feeling. It is my biggest fear everytime we have a scan or symptoms. I am praying for you to be able to focus on the most positive part of the scan - no date is filled in. Here is to finding some good options for you. You never know what good things may happen. You have a lot of prayers headed your way.

Myka
  • tommyodavey
    tommyodavey Member Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Greg53 said:

dang krap
    Wishing you nothing but the best Roger! Stay positive and I'll be sending good thoughts your way.

Greg

At a loss for words
    I am so sorry to hear of your DX. All we can do is hope and pray your doctors have a treatment method that will work.

Cancer Sucks!

Tommy
  • CLRRN
    CLRRN Member Posts: 127
    Options
    mixleader said:

Nasty Bone Scan

Roger

:(
    Like everyone else, my thoughts/prayers are with you and Sue. This all sucks and I'm hopeful they come up with a treatment plan to help ease your pain and the progression of this nasty disease.

God bless.

Chris
  • Greend
    Greend Member Posts: 678
    Options
    How are you and family
    Just hoping you all are doing ok.

Denny
  • Hondo
    Options
    mixleader said:

Nasty Bone Scan

Roger

Hi Roger
    I been thinking about you all this week my friend and keeping you in my prayer.

Hoping your week is going well
    Hondo