I'm "OK" Pinks, sorry for the worry's :(

Options

Comments

• LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Last night...
    I heard the bad news about Whitney so I decided to look for some of my favorite songs by her, and came across this one which made me think of you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxIN79n4jVo
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options

Last night...
    I heard the bad news about Whitney so I decided to look for some of my favorite songs by her, and came across this one which made me think of you:

I'm thinking of you, Kari~~
    You are truly a fighter, and an example of strength~hope~perseverance!! I am keeping you in prayer, sister. I can only imagine, as I read your posts, what you are going through. Please feel the love & concern of all your pink sisters here, who are hoping with you for a miracle response to treatments~
    ~hugs, Melanie
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    linpsu said:

Kari
    I was so happy to see the wonderful pictures you posted with your kids in Cancun. It looked like you had a trip of a lifetime. But I am so, so sorry to hear of all of your medical complications. You are so strong and brave! Know that we are all surrounding you with love and prayers.
    Hugs and love,
    Linda

My ♥ is breaking at your
    My ♥ is breaking at your news Kari. I don't know what to say except to never give up hope and I am going to be praying as hard as I can for you!

Hugs, Megan
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    sending pixie dust and good
    sending pixe dust and good thoughts your way..

Denise
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Not happy with your news
    Kari,

I am so sorry to hear this. I don't know where you live but there's a doctor outside of DC that has a private oncology practice. He used to be the head of oncology at Georgetown. Anyway, since he's not affiliated with just one hospital (I believe he's admitted to 3 in the DC area) he has access to every kind of chemo available (whereas affiliated docs can only offer what their hospital can give). He handles all the special trials from NIH. If you're interested his name is Dr. Frederick P. Smith. I'll post the info from the Board of Medicine if you're interested. Hugs, Michele

Smith, Frederick P
    License and Education License No.: D33293
    Accepts Medicaid: No
    Graduated: 1973
    License Status: Active
    Date License Issued: 02/20/1986
    License Expiration: 09/30/2013
    Primary Practice Setting Frederick P Smith MD PC
    5454 Wisconsin Avenue
    Suite 1300
    Chevy Chase
    MD 20815
    Public Address 5454 Wisconsin Avenue
    Suite 1300

Chevy Chase
    MD 20815

Graduated from: ST LOUIS UNIV SCH OF MED

Postgraduate Training Program Concentration
    • Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology
    • Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC Internal Medicine

Specialty Board Certification
    by ABMS/AOA - as reported by licensee
    • Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology
    • Internal Medicine

Self-Designated Practice Area
    • Medicine, Internal [General]
    • Oncology,Medical [General]

This info is great Michelle.
    This info is great Michelle. Thanks for posting it for Kari and I will certainly keep it in mind too.

Hugs, Megan
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I can only join in
    with all the pink sisters with my hopes for a miracle
    and my admiration for you.

I am so glad that YOU made the vacation happen. What a
    git to your children. And that's what you are to us a
    gift. You inspire us with your courage and determination.

Just know you are loved by so many and your are in our
    hearts and our minds.

Hug,
    Ayse
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Happy you had
    Happy you had a good time visting your children in Cancun.Glad you felt like going and I know it meant so much to you.

For your health that is upsetting but I will pray for a miracle.Sometimes as I lay down at night and had a rough day I pray.I ask for a miracle.Many times it works. I want a miracle for you. BELIEVE!!!!!

Lynn Smith

Sounds like you had a great
    Sounds like you had a great time with your children Kari. So glad you got to go. Praying for a miracle for you!

Hugs and prayers,

Diane
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    aysemari said:

I can only join in

hearts and our minds.

Hug,
    Ayse

Kari, I just want you to
    Kari, I just want you to know that I am thinking of you, too and wishing for a miracle. You just never know!! If you decide on a trial with Mayo, I live just 15 minutes from the Jacksonville campus. I have my treatments there. I would be more than happy to offer you a place to stay as you go through testing and treatments. Stay strong pink sister. Sending, strength, love and (((hugs)))!!!!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Last night...

You are an amazing woman
    You are an amazing woman Kari and I and the others have always admired you. Hang in there sister and keep fighting!

Hugs and lots of love too,

Leeza
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Kari, I just want you to
    Kari, I just want you to know that I am thinking of you, too and wishing for a miracle. You just never know!! If you decide on a trial with Mayo, I live just 15 minutes from the Jacksonville campus. I have my treatments there. I would be more than happy to offer you a place to stay as you go through testing and treatments. Stay strong pink sister. Sending, strength, love and (((hugs)))!!!!

Dear, sweet Kari
    Your determination and strength are truly inspiring to me. I have just joined the ranks of Stage 4 and I hope and pray that I will be able to handle everything as gracefully as you are, with the courage and strength that you have always showed me here.

I am so glad to hear about your trip to Cancun with your children. What a wonderful thing to be able to do. I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

I do believe in miracles and you certainly deserve one. I'm hoping your treatment is effective and is kind to you.

Love and warm, gentle hugs, Renee
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Cindy54 said:

Kari...
    I wish you peace and blessings...it is an honor to know you. Hugs. Cindy

You are certainly one
    You are certainly one amazing, strong, beautiful woman Kari!

Hugs and more hugs,

Noel
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Kari, you are heroic!
    Kari, I can't even imagine (and we both know I'm no newbie to this) what you are going through emotionally and physically. But it's even more amazing to me how you STILL keep worrying about everybody but yourself. Please just look after yourself! You are so important and so precious to so many more people than you can even imagine!

Love,
    Joe

I hope you come back on Kari
    I hope you come back on Kari and see the outpouring of love and support for you! We all do love you and you are our hero!

Hugs, Jan
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Good to hear
    from you even though the news is not so good. Am glad you took the kids to Cancun. You and your family is on the prayer list.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

WOW, I jumped on here this
    WOW, I jumped on here this morning again and I must say the overwhelming response to my post has brought me to tears. This board and all of its Kindred Spirits have given me so much and it would be impossible to give it back in one lifetime. I'm still fighting, but this chemo is making me really sick, and it's not working, but then, just because my bone tumors are multiplying doesn't mean the chemo isn't keeping the cancer out of a vital organ, I guess we never know....anyhow, thank you so so so so so much for all your prayers!!
    Staying Strong and Keeping On,
    Kari

The pink sisters love you
    The pink sisters love you Kari and remember we are here for you always!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

I am so sorry to hear this
    I am so sorry to hear this news. I will keep you in my prayers and my heart. I think that you are handling this with dignity, courage and I wish you peace with whatever decisions you may make.
    Stef

I am so sorry Kari. You are
    I am so sorry Kari. You are always in my ♥, mind and prayers!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    aysemari said:

I can only join in

hearts and our minds.

Hug,
    Ayse

Just thought I'd send you
    Just thought I'd send you some prayers and hugs today Kari!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

WOW, I jumped on here this
    WOW, I jumped on here this morning again and I must say the overwhelming response to my post has brought me to tears. This board and all of its Kindred Spirits have given me so much and it would be impossible to give it back in one lifetime. I'm still fighting, but this chemo is making me really sick, and it's not working, but then, just because my bone tumors are multiplying doesn't mean the chemo isn't keeping the cancer out of a vital organ, I guess we never know....anyhow, thank you so so so so so much for all your prayers!!
    Staying Strong and Keeping On,
    Kari

You are one amazing woman
    You are one amazing woman Kari and an inspiration to all of us. You keep fighting and we will all keep praying for you! Deal?

Please keep posting, please!

Sue :)
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

My steadfast & heartfelt wish for you, Kari...
    ... is a magical miracle.

Kind regards, Susan

Praying for a miracle just
    Praying for a miracle just for you! I've never known anyone so brave and just so wonderful!

Hugs, Leeza
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    ThycaAnne said:

Kari--I don't know you, but.....
    All I can say is that I put you on the top of my prayer list tonight...

Hugs,

Anne

I hope that you will come
    I hope that you will come back on to update us Kari as it is obvious how we worry about you and love you.

Hugs to you,

Debby
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Dear Kari,
    Others have so eloquently expressed what I feel - sadness, love, amazement, hope. Awed by your grace, strength and dignity. You and your family are in my heart and my prayers. Thank you for posting. You are an inspiration.

I come from a family of 'huggers'. In difficult times, we hug hard, fast & tight. We pat each others backs, or do the gentle circular motion back rub while hugging and speaking reassuringly to the 'huggee'. So the point of this, Kari, is to give you that hug - big and warm and full of love.

Sue

I just thought I would see
    I just thought I would see how you are doing Kari. I always look on your post for any update.

Hugs, Jan